Marvel Nemesis 2?

Started by jonchang, November 11, 2007, 10:32PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Has anyone heard of rumors of this to be in the works? A sneak peek shows Spider-Man fighting Doom and Hulk appearing after Doom destroyed a building. Juggernaut and Captain America also appear in the trailer.

ive have also read about this but on marvel.com and it said it was confirmed in a interview on game informer .... was the first game any good ???

i reckon they might realease because more marvel games r coming out for both console and pc

...but fighting games rarely get a PC version... It would be cool to have Soul Calibur IV on PC! lol

The first game was pretty good, but I didn't like how it wasn't released for the PC...imagine the mods we'd have created for it :P. One more thing I disliked was how story mode was only singleplayer, and that there were no co-op modes. Several of the "finisher" moves looked pretty cool. Hopefully its successor will be released for us computer gamers.

I think the division of EA working on that game got closed or something. At least that's what I heard in the gamefaqs board.

Quote from: iammingy on November 12, 2007, 02:47AM
...but fighting games rarely get a PC version... It would be cool to have Soul Calibur IV on PC! lol
Yes, but you should be hoping they bring a good fighting game over to the PC.  Not that it matters.  PCs just aren't suited for fighting games unless they're emulated Neo-Geo games. 

Marvel Nemesis 1...it was absolutely terrible.  Seriously...the worst fighting game I've ever played.  And I've played lots of fighting games.  Including Naruto games.  And the Guilty Gear for the DS.  And Marvel Nemesis was the worst.

Marvel Nemesis 2 wasn't rumored.  It was actually in-development.  But yeah, the closing of EA Chicago has left it up in the air.  I doubt it'll be abandoned, since EA already paid for the Marvel license.  But really, if you want to play fighting games, you're gonna need to stop playing on your PC. 

how can i stop play on my pc? if i own about 100 games for pc and 0 games for any console lol and will never own any console system ever

Marvel nemesis actually made playing as marvel heroes frustrating and Dull.  Sloppy Controls, HORRIBLE story mode where there is only 3 different types of minion bad-guys, and half of a Roster you really don't care about. 

The few pluses:  The finishing moves look excellent.  Though overpowered Spider-man can be a lot of fun.  Can't really think of much else.... 

If you really think about it, the story mode's actually better than most fighting games, just not pulled off correctly. In most fighting games you just progress from one character to the next with no major narrative (except that Heihachi/Bison/whoever's holding a tournament). I think that they had a good idea but they went about it wrong. It also got kind of fustrating when you suddenly got taken out by a truck from nowhere but would it be a 'bad' game if they just progressed straight from major fight to fight?

I think its also got pretty good multiplayer potential.

I'll agree that the co-op had some potential and the concept of the story mode was worthwile.  But in the end overall I found myself just very dissapointed.  Street clothes for Wolverine and Mags with no bonus costumes?  After beating the entire story mode ( the only way to unlock 3/4 of the roster)  I was never tempted to play it agian.  It's probably the only current Marvel Game I don't own (that and X3).  And I'm a guy who actually found Wolverine's revenge and Next dimension entertaining.

But on the positive side if they really put a great effort into ironing out these problems and refocusing story mode I wouldn't be opposded to giving it a second try.  When I played this I think I was really biased to EA as well for their monopoly of the American Football NFL license.

the game was realy,but realy cool but i didnt like the fact that i have to kill my favorite marvel characters in the game like wolverine and venom,and i played this game lots of times and i stil like it
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

The game's pretty fun (playing through it now), but I'm not a big fan of the art style, plus the fact that Spidey swears.  Spiderman doesn't swear.  The controls could use a bit of tightening up, but for the most part it plays really well.

Right now I'm stuck on Venom's last mission.  You have to defeat 35 enemies within the time limit.  Most I've killed is 24, but I suck with Venom.  So I decided to finish up 'Torch and Iron Man's missions.

If I had to rate it, I'd only give it a 6/10.  Why?
-Controls needed tightening
-More costumes were needed per-character
-A dodgy camera
-Unevenness in graphics.  Sometimes they rock, sometimes they suck
-The roster, including imperfects, was way too small
-Lack of 4 player versus, which would have rocked

I could care less about coop, but 4 player versus would've been sweeeeeeet.

Spidey swears? What scene? I think some of the missions are pretty difficult on it - Torch's and Iron man's final missions are almost impossible - I think I almost went bald on torch's and Iron Man's i just skipped.

Also, the 'spiderman' imperfect (Heizmat) is also pretty tough.

The opening video is pretty good too though...