Marvel Nemesis 2?

Started by jonchang, November 11, 2007, 10:32PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I totally agree with Teancum. This type of game definitely needs 4-player versus. I have lots of funs with my friends playing 4-player versus in Urban Reign and some other wrestling games...

Yeah, a 4-player Vs. or a multiplayer coop for story mode would be great.

Spidey says "You know what we call that?  We call that a web-slingin' a__ kickin" when you lose to him.

Ah, does he not use that in the comics? in the uk that aint swearing (to my knowledge) so i overlooked it.

Nope, In the US if a kid read that line out in front of his teacher he'd be booted to the principals office on the double.

Please excuse my ignorance but I'm curious, is wanker a swear in the UK?  I know it's a derogratory term but I never knew. 

Erm, I'd consider it one - it'd probably grant you detention if said in a school and probably provoke a fight if you called someone it.

What new characters would you guys be expecting or wishing to come out if it does?

Hopefully no new imperfects.  They're just bad copies of existing characters.  It'd be nice to play as Reed Richards in a game like this.  Not that he's one of my favorite characters or anything, but he'd be really interesting to see in this genre.

I'd like to see Strange or Toothy appear sometime soon. The Surfer would also make a nice addition. Perhaps a few more X-Men like Cyclops or Nightcrawler? I'd also like Doom and Cap to be off the PSP exclusive list.

I tend to love anything Marvel but this game and maybe two games I was let down may have been the story,I like a good story with my Marvel characters though I'm sure this was someones cup of tea.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Yeah, Doom would be a lot of fun to have again.  I'd say Hulk, but he'd majorly unbalance things.  Of course we can't forget Gambit.  He's been in a lot of the fighting-type games, but he's only been represented well in XML1/XML2.

Oh, and this time instead of Marvel Imperfects 2, call it something else and base it more around the 90's cartoons.

And I agree with CVC when it comes down to it.  Imperfects was decent, but it's very forgettable.  I took it back last night and probably won't rent it again.  I had fun playing it, but it didn't seem like something I'd ever buy.

Carnage i reckon this sort of game would really show carnage's power and mass murderness ... and it would just be kool being him in a game like this

Ooh! I know! How bout:

Ghost Rider!

His finisher: Grabs victim and says, "Look into my eyes." Then he feels remorse for the sins he comitted, and turns to stone, before crumbling at GR's feet. R1+O could be grabbing something with the chain and pulling it to him. R1+Square could be a hellfire attack.

Man, he'd be awesome to play as.

Quote from: The Boy Sanga on November 13, 2007, 03:41AM
If you really think about it, the story mode's actually better than most fighting games, just not pulled off correctly. In most fighting games you just progress from one character to the next with no major narrative (except that Heihachi/Bison/whoever's holding a tournament). I think that they had a good idea but they went about it wrong. It also got kind of fustrating when you suddenly got taken out by a truck from nowhere but would it be a 'bad' game if they just progressed straight from major fight to fight?
While this is true, you didn't buy a fighting game for the story.  You bought it for serious, competitive gameplay.

QuoteSpidey says "You know what we call that?  We call that a web-slingin' a__ kickin" when you lose to him.
Ass isn't a swear...

But yeah...

Consoles>PC

I said it.

Quote from: blade 554 on November 15, 2007, 09:39AM
Quote from: The Boy Sanga on November 13, 2007, 03:41AM
If you really think about it, the story mode's actually better than most fighting games, just not pulled off correctly. In most fighting games you just progress from one character to the next with no major narrative (except that Heihachi/Bison/whoever's holding a tournament). I think that they had a good idea but they went about it wrong. It also got kind of fustrating when you suddenly got taken out by a truck from nowhere but would it be a 'bad' game if they just progressed straight from major fight to fight?
While this is true, you didn't buy a fighting game for the story.  You bought it for serious, competitive gameplay.

That's not what he meant. All he said was that some effort was put into the story and the story is better than the ones in other fighting games. He did not say the story is more important than the gameplay.