New downloadable content

Started by aerophex, January 25, 2007, 08:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
The reason the game ain't mod friendly is that MUA is STILL based on the base XML1 engine. Which, if you guys are forgetting, was a console game from 2001 (02? I don't remeber the exact year). That was before DLC/developers making console-game engines that were edit-friendly. They shot themselves in the foot with that one, as they THEMSELVES are having trouble w/ the simple task of adding items for the DLC chars.

Hopefully, w/ a MUA2 comes a new engine!

When is the new release date anyway?
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Unset as of now. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a while. It is the damn items.engb that screwed them over. Jesus, I hope this leads to an easily moddable MUA2. And I hope they drop a bunch of chars (apparently they lost F4/Surfer and Stark licenses). We already have fully playable versions (w/ VOICES!), and a new engine w/ easier editing = more bang for our buck that way.

April 17, 2007, 08:11PM #198 Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 08:14PM by Teancum
Quote from: Burning Rage on April 17, 2007, 07:33PM
Actually, EA's Battlefield is mod friendly. . .   Unreal Tournament is also very mod friendly. . .  Neverwinter Nights is also somewhat of a franchise, in that it had the base game, and expansions for days.

Again, a non-video game franchise is what I'm talking about.  The guys at Raven are just as much Marvel geeks as we are probably.  The problem is that Marvel owns Marvel if you catch my drift.  If Raven Software owned Marvel the game would be extremely moddable.  Don't blame Activision/Raven, blame Marvel for being over-protective.  Even Star Wars games are more editable than Marvel ones.  But that's because Lucasarts supports modding (to an extent.  They've definitely got limits).

rumors amuck. Marvel Ultimate Alliance GOLD edition. multi-platform? has the extra characters? Amazon Canada, ey?
http://www.amazon.ca/Marvel-Ultimate-Alliance-Gold/dp/B000OPPR22
No press release or news. wtf

The May announcement, anyone?

If it's for PC, I'm so buying that shizzet.  The only thing I would do extra to it is replace Hawkeye with Punisher, which I am working on, unless of course we could figure out how to add extras without replacing... and the NPC swap isn't what I'm looking forward to either.  Seriously, I haven't replaced any of the characters in MUA because I absolutely love the roster.  With the exception of Doctor Strange, I think everyone is cool as hell.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

How much is $69.00 canadian? $50.00 american?

Actually, that would be $61.31 USD currently.

maybe it'll be $10 less for PC ^_^

but instead of the new characters what i'd REALLY want to see is vastly improved online-play.

If it even comes out for PC.  It may be a Next-Gen exclusive.  Let's hope not.  Hopefully it gets released for the PS2 if not the PC as well. That way we can quickly port the characters.

First post! Ok heres some info I have from lurking gamefaqs and the like.
Basicly the DLC is X-Box 360 only BUT. Basicly there is a rumor of a gold edition of Marvel Ultimate Alliance being released for multi-platform. The source of this rumor is Amazon Canada which lists a gold edition for MUA and there is no reason given why. Gold edition does not mean a greatest hit because thats platinum so what could gold be? Hmmm...

Quote from: Piotyr on April 19, 2007, 05:33PM
First post! Ok heres some info I have from lurking gamefaqs and the like....
You did notice that the last half-dozen posts were aimed at this very package? Please do.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

April 20, 2007, 10:07PM #209 Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 10:13PM by kfcrispy
profiles are up at the official website www.marvelultimatealliance.com, describing 3 moves for each character, except Hulk's moves. a lot of recycled moves... but i'm surprised Cyclops has a completely different moveset, with only one recycled (looks like Ms. Marvel or Invisible Woman's thing)