Spider-Man 4 and 5 movies confirmed

Started by Teancum, October 21, 2008, 05:04PM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/spidermansequels_blog.html

QuoteSam Raimi and Tobey Maguire recently put to end months of gossip and signed on the dotted line for a fourth and fifth installment of "Spider-Man." The only principle not yet confirmed for the wildly successful franchise is Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson, though she's made recent statements that she wants to continue with the series. "Kirsten, I'd love to work with her again," Raimi told MTV's Splashpage: "I hope she'll be written into it. I couldn't imagine making one without her, and I think she's an important part of the movies."

Bleh!! Not sure what you guys think but I never really cared for Maguire as Spidey.  Would like much more of Ryan Reynolds type with a quick wit but oh well...

I thought Topher Grace (Venom) would have been a better Spidey as well.  I didn't think that until after I saw Spider-man 3, but afterwards I could tell he could pass with the 'used to be a geek, but now I'm not' look.  Maguire still looks like a geek.

Yeah thats probably my biggest gripe with the Spidey franchise, they make Peter Parker too much of a geek. I mean yeah he is a bit of one, but he's a cool geek! Would be good to see how they carry it on though.

Ugggh, I am really getting tired of it. I don't think Maguire makes a good Spider-Man. He isn't funny at all, like he is in the comics.

I think its sad that Dunst may not be in it

I think its sad that Maguire will be in it...

Yeah, never like neither Maguire nor Dunst for the roles they played, but have nothing against them...

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

Yeah, too geeky, too weak-looking (or what), too stupid face...and the jokes lame too (not to mention some enemies, like that tiny venom or cyber-goblin) nah! It's not Peter Parker at all!

Only one word to describe Maguire as Spider-Man: SUCKS!

He really sucks big time!
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

Like Pablo Francesco said in one of his shows:
Peter: "Uncle Ben, don't die!"
Uncle Ben: "Peter... Urgh.. You're a Female Cat... Urgh"

Imo it shouldn't have been a joke. I'd rather see the guy that plays Deadpool in W: origins play as Peter Parker. I think he would fit. And sometimes in his movies, he makes lame jokes too, so why not :P

The problem with Reynolds (the guy playing Deadpool) is that he is too big (a lot taller and wider and stronger) than Maguire and it would be weird to see a Peter Parker like that! He's more like the Flash Thompson type!
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

Ye that's true. But there's always cgi.. Like they did with "Venompussy"