Spider-Man vs. Mr Fantastic

Started by Faure, February 27, 2009, 08:37PM

Previous topic - Next topic
C'mom peeps. Reed Richards needs your vote!

C'mon! This one is way too easy! Mr. Fantastic, of course! No sweat! He's the most brilliant man on the planet (way brighter than Parker, even though he's a genius as well) and Reed could just use his power and stretch his body to a blanket, wrap around Parker and asphyxiate him!
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

Quote from: xlehnsherr on March 01, 2009, 06:54PM
C'mon! This one is way too easy! Mr. Fantastic, of course! No sweat! He's the most brilliant man on the planet (way brighter than Parker, even though he's a genius as well) and Reed could just use his power and stretch his body to a blanket, wrap around Parker and asphyxiate him!

Except Spidey is too fast for Reed to pull that off and his spidey sense would warn him before he got a chance to it. And intelligence level does not equal an automatic win. If this were the case, Luke Cage would not have been able to beat Dr. Doom, which he did...in his own castle.

That's true, but think of it this way: Parker invaded the Baxter building and got caught by Mr Fantastic's defense system! Even with all his abilities! If machines created by Richards could do that, imagine what the creator can accomplish!

Reed with his equipment. Spidey if he is unarmed.

Quote from: xlehnsherr on March 01, 2009, 07:44PM
That's true, but think of it this way: Parker invaded the Baxter building and got caught by Mr Fantastic's defense system! Even with all his abilities! If machines created by Richards could do that, imagine what the creator can accomplish!

No he didn't. Spider-man waltzed in and beat the Fanstaic Four (He did something similar to the Avengers in Avengers Mansion when they had a full set of armed guards there as well). He wasn't even trying to. You may be thinking of Ultimate Spider-man which is completely different than regular Spider-man. And jst because the machine is good does not mean it's creator is better. Iron Man has built suits of armour that can function independant of him, but that does not mean he himself is more powerful than the armour he created. Forge can create machines capable of numerous things, but he himself is not more powerful than his own creations.

Spidey handled himself pretty well against all X-Men at once in Secret Wars!

Ok, Thatguy. Agreed. If Stark can create some armor, even if it's a looooooot stronger than himself, of course he's got a way to shut it down right?

But anyways, I vote for Richards for his genius and brilliant mind

One more VOTE for Spidey please! :D

NEVER! LOL MR. FANTASTIC ALL THE WAY

I said Spidey! He is agile, strong, fast, he has plenty web, smart and a sense of humor too! Maybe Reed is stronger, but without his toys, he is done!

2 more days before closing. Nice to see up till now i was right with the only vote for 'draw', since spidey and reed both have 9 votes:P.

Not funny...:D okay, funny, but I so really really want Spidey to win.

Allright that's it.
Spider-man and mr Fantastic kept shooting webs, extracting arms and building machines, but in the end; they ended up both on the couch with a beer watching "Neighbours". Neither could defeat the other one ;).

Anyhow; Voting is over; poll result is (as I predicted :D) a draw.
Cyclops and Wolverine are still battling, so I'm nog going to open a new thread (yet). Think 1 thread at a time is best.

March 08, 2009, 08:27AM #29 Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 08:38AM by Nowhere Man
I voted for mister fantastic. I think Reed can beat most people who only have physical powers, cause he can just bounce off the attacks. I don't see how, for example, how the thing could beat reed. people with energy powers have a better shot, only top physically powered heroes could beat Reed, like Hulk or Gladiator.

the only thing that spider-man has that could actually have an effect on reed would be the webs, but still, they don't cause injuries, they just immobilize, and considering that reed can just stretch to attack, that wouldn't be very helpful.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."