How do you feel yourself? / General Talk about everything

Started by LX - Rampage, September 22, 2009, 10:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Polygone on July 11, 2014, 10:52AM
I'm still trying to learn all of their names xd, currently playing Fall of Cybertron, so thats helping

I can see how you might fall asleep yeah, but our showing was at 9AM, and I had to work that day, starting around 8PM, so I was kinda tired, maybe if we went around the evening, I would've enjoyed it more, but oh well.
LOL! I went to an outdoor theater to see Transformers at 9:00pm to 12:00am so I was kind of tired. :storm:

I have to say I really liked the new Transformers movie, but the side plot with Megatron I felt was not needed at all and if they took it out it could have cut down the time and still been a great movie.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

So far I'm quite enjoying the second season of Witches of East End, It's quite a bit darker than the first one which is nice. :P :D

I´m so unhappy due to the news of Thor , sadly its turning into a woman
Well i really don´t understand, this will be forever or just in a series of books?

Quote from: dsl on July 16, 2014, 03:10PM
Well i really don´t understand, this will be forever or just in a series of books?

I don't really seem to think Thor being a female is a problem.

The Thor that everyone knows, Thor Odinson, Will still have a comic book as well but he is now "Unworthy" and can no longer hold Mjolnir.

"Whosoever holds this hammer, if HE be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."
"This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is THOR. This is the THOR of the Marvel Universe. But it's unlike any Thor we've ever seen before."

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

I hope it fails , in my opinion its really stupid.
They are messing up.
I hope it doesn´t change nothing in the tv series or movies

Quote from: dsl on July 16, 2014, 04:08PM
I hope it fails , in my opinion its really stupid.
They are messing up.
I hope it doesn´t change nothing in the tv series or movies

I don't exactly see how they did anything wrong? She hasn't even been introduced into the comics yet so therefore she has done nothing to mess anything up yet. I honestly don't think this change would get as much backlash if it were a male character replacing the former Thor.

And I seriously doubt the movies or tv shows would do such a thing, they stick to well known and established characters.

http://www.wired.com/2014/07/new-female-thor/?mbid=social_fb
"The New Thor Is a Big Deal, But Not Because She's a Woman"

I'm super excited for this.

They did the same thing with the "Captain Marvel" moniker and Carol Danvers and that book was one of her most popular to date (#carolcorps).

And like Midnightphoenix said Thor Odinson will still have his book, he just won't have the power of Thor and he won't fight with Mjolnir anymore.

I think the new Thor will be a great addition to the Marvel pantheon. The comics industry is learning that it needs more non-male, non-white characters to appeal to its actual audience AND to branch out to new audiences.

I can understand if people are concerned that Thor Odinson is leaving, or are upset that he no longer has the power of Thor, but the needs of the industry are far greater than that one character.

And dsl, WHY do you think its stupid? Is it because she's a girl? Would you feel more comfortable if it was another male character taking up the mantle of Thor?

I don't really want to get into a sticky conversation that's not appropriate for these forums, but that is another reason why Marvel NEEDS to do this.

No it´s not because it's female or male , it's because they are changing something that they shouldn't.
As i love nordic mythology , thor is my second fav of marvel, and i kinda don't like this idea (i understand this is not mythology, but i think if they want to give more credits to female, they should give them more importance but never change the gender of a hero.
Just my opinion
Edit: What now falcon is captain america?
Damn my 2 favourite marvel characters messed up :(

That I can definitely understand; I love mythology, and that's one of the reasons I read Thor. But the needs of the comic industry outweigh the needs to history. They need to evolve to capture a wider audience, especially given the success of comic-book movies which introduced these characters to people who might not have known them before. The MU feeds off Norse mythology, but it is its own beast with its own rules and history and characters. To be upset because they aren't sticking to mythology would lead me to ask, "Why now? Why is this departure from mythology such a big deal, but the other departures weren't?"

It would be better if they could make a new female character, but by transferring a well-known title to a female they are more likely to capture a new audience for that character. Take Valkyrie, for instance. She is Asgardian, and her recent series was quite good (imho) but short-lived. I think by capitalizing on the success of "Thor" they hope to introduce this new character, and the rest of the MU with it, to a new audience that might relate more to or be more interested in a female perspective. They want this book to be successful.

Personally, if I saw the two Thor's books standing side by side (without knowing that much about either) I'd pick up the new Thor first simply because I know I relate less to the blonde, hetero-normative, machismo that a Norse God typifies. But a bad-ass warrior woman? I'm all about that. lol.

Your mileage may vary.

Edit: It's the same thing with Falcon becoming Captain America. The MU needs to diversify its heavy hitters to stay current. I'll miss Steve Rogers, but he's passed on the mantle of Captain America before. Which leads me to the same question as before, "Why is this transfer of the C.A. moniker such a big deal, but the other times weren't?"

Well i understand what your telling, but i just don´t see it fine, hope some day it returns like it was now.

Full costume look

I'm all about kickass woman in comics 100%, but pl-uhease (and this isn't just Marvel, this is DC, Marvel, the guys behind Witchblade whose name's I can't come up with right now) If they're truly about respecting woman in comics, stop oversexualising them so much!

In the sketch, it's still pretty natural, sure, most of the light reflection is going to the dongers, but not an aweful lot.

I get that they're all about respecting woman, and I support it, but as long as we have a Black Widow costume where she slightly unzips the top for no purpose whatshowever, or a Viper costume with her back fully exposed, or a Harley Quinn costume which is practically naked. and a FULLY COVERED BATTLE-READY CAPTAIN AMERICA BECAUSE OH GOD PLEASE DON'T SHOW THESE POOR PEOPLE SKIN. I feel that woman are still underrespected
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Quote from: dsl on July 16, 2014, 03:10PM
Marvel have done that before, they have the rights to do it, is a product, and they want to make money with it. But, with all that in mind, take a look to female Ghost Rider and how far that go, and say good luck with making Thor a woman to Marvel.
I understand your feeling, but it wont be forever, even if it's take it like what it is: a product that you dislike and don't buy it.

July 17, 2014, 07:30PM #3868 Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 08:25AM by Midnightphoenix
Also with this whole New Thor and Cap thing, do realize that the Avengers comics are jumping forward in time. Supposedly the Cap we all know is no longer a super solider and has aged without it, so now Falcon takes on the role. Same with Thor, he is unworthy of holding the hammer, so why not change it up.

I feel like comics now a days are starting to get much more bland and tasteless as they recycle old plots. These changes are ones that I welcome, because I want to know what they are going to do with it. Yeah it may not last forever, and I am fine with that. But there is no point in judging it already when we don't even know the course they are taking.

And for anyone who hasn't seen yet, they announced the new Avengers NOW team, consiting of some people such as; The new Falcon Cap, the Female Thor, Scarlet Witch, Iron Man (also going through some changes), Medusa, Bucky, and several others. I am pretty excited to see where they are going to take this new team, and I like the diversity. Super Humans, Inhumans, Mutants, etc.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/128299-in-case-you-missed-it-avengers-now.html

Quote from: Odinson012 on July 17, 2014, 05:05PM
Marvel have done that before, they have the rights to do it, is a product, and they want to make money with it. But, with all that in mind, take a look to female Ghost Rider and how far that go, and say good luck with making Thor a woman to Marvel.
I understand your feeling, but it wont be forever, even if it's take it like what it is: a product that you dislike and don't buy it.
Yeah its true, but i though Thor was a name of a god and not a title, cuse if this one continues existing (it must) , and now a female its Thor , its not a name.
In the case of Cap, its more common , but i still want to see steve rogers