Modding rundown: Sound

Started by Noelemahc, December 05, 2006, 11:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Omegareds,Sentinels both work also.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

My theory is that so long as you transfer over name_m and save the other file as name_v, you'll actually get most any set of sounds to work...

QuoteI know I dump a lot of Chocolate egg on you but, Noel, you are our resident sound expert. Any chance of option b?
I would expect that any sort of modification to the file will lead to my favourite problem with the hashes. Hang on, guys, I've got only two more exams to get over, then I'll be able to put my full attention back to modding...

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Here's an anomaly... all the 'Dark' characters link to their own individual sound files, but those files don't exist. Odd, no? Any chance those exist on another system, or were they just not included anywhere?

QuoteAnd... I've discovered the first snag with the XML2 voice files. If you have, say, Jean and Logan on your team, and execute an xtreme chain, Wolvy yells out his XML2 xtreme (Berserker Fury) rather than his MUA xtreme (Feral Rage).

I only have added Juggy as a custom into one of the PSP slots, and Wolvy seems to shout out Beserker Fury all the time now, regardless of whether it's chained or not or who's in the team.

QuoteAny chance those exist on another system, or were they just not included anywhere?
If you haven't noticed, EVERY character is defined with codes separate files for which aren't available -- all of those are stored within the level sound sets :D

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

March 17, 2007, 12:41PM #97 Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 01:01PM by BliZZ
Not sure if this helps with anything, but I stumbled upon this site which lists all the various hashes that are involved in XML2 zsm/zss.

PS: Noel, I remember that you once upped the raw wavs for the PSP chars, but I can't seem to find them. Mind upping them again? If nothing else, I'd like to hear them and imagine Hawkeye speaking in-game :hawkeye:

EDIT:

Those are all of the sounds blob has. I'm currently going through the file (using ToWav, thanks for finding that) to see which bosses have useful sounds. As you can see, blob's got quite a few useful ones (though no level up, among other missing stuff)

Watto's data is copied blunlty from Xentax, on which most of my findings are based :D See page two of this very thread.

QuoteI remember that you once upped the raw wavs for the PSP chars, but I can't seem to find them
Took'em down, those were low-qual PSP rips. I have to spend a day on tearing the hi-qual ones from the X-Box version, then I'll up them all, 'kay? Prolly be done by Tuesday or so.

Crimson Dynamo says:

March 17, 2007, 02:25PM #99 Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 02:35PM by BliZZ
Cleverly hidden in x_voice:

Menu Callouts! (Not voiced by Pat Stewart, by the DR Voice Guy (all the XML1 Playables/Bosses who re-appear in xml2 also have em))

BTW, for anyone who DIDN'T believe that 15th slot was to be Angel's, here is your proof.

Of course, these are of no use to us (I already tried renaming all the letters/numbers to an_blob.wav, to no avail)
But it is still nice to know they are there, and they will be useful if/when we figure out custom sets.

If Emma's and Psylocke's are in X_Voice, then would they be ready to go if I renamed the chars to match the voice callouts?
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

March 17, 2007, 05:19PM #101 Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 05:23PM by BliZZ
I would think not... these callouts are in the Danger Room section... almost as if it was planned to have a selection screen with callouts for the DR in XML1...

My next goal is to splice out all heroes names that are said in ALL the various dialogue of either MUA Fury or XML1/2 Prof X to make fodder for if/when we figure out custom sounds (Fury takes priority, of course)

Noel, could one get sounds out of the XML files using ToWav? If so, could you up the XML1 sounds as a whole on sendspace?

The PC version is the only one ToWav supports. I AM ripping the XML1 sounds, but it's gonna take a while as I've got to convert them all by hand :D
What exactly do you need from there?

Crimson Dynamo says:

March 18, 2007, 12:53AM #103 Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 12:58AM by Noelemahc
N.B. Raping the PSP sounds (which, may I remind you, lack visible filenames inside) with ToWav has revealed that they ALSO contain virtual 'paths' to where the files are stored. No luck with producing discernible sound though, but the sheer fact that there's MORE text in them than meets the eye got me going again. Makes me wonder if those aren't hashes at all, but text encoded in some creepy format (which ToWav easily reads).
Still doesn't work with X-Box sounds though. What's weird, though, is that the PS2 sounds (which are little different from the PSP, mechanics-wise) DO NOT WORK with it. Major weirdage.

Crimson Dynamo says:

Quote from: Noelemahc on March 17, 2007, 11:10PM
The PC version is the only one ToWav supports. I AM ripping the XML1 sounds, but it's gonna take a while as I've got to convert them all by hand :D
What exactly do you need from there?

Charlie's dialogue.