Marvel Super Hero Squad Online

Started by MarvelFan12345, March 22, 2011, 05:43PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on October 26, 2011, 03:01PM
Lol I have Psylocke, Fox and Jeanfan pick the Psylockes lol ;) jk

Hmmm, so MarvelFan, how does Psylocke compare to Dr. Strange?
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: whiteking on October 26, 2011, 03:50PM
Oh Psylocke! I'm In then lol, I probably have the last rank because I did not played the game like for 2 months but I still would like to try :)
Cool so we now have four contestants with three prizes. The competition really begins now XD.

Quote from: fox456 on October 26, 2011, 04:21PM
Hmmm, so MarvelFan, how does Psylocke compare to Dr. Strange?

My own opinion may be somewhat biased as Psylocke is my favorite character after Jean and holds pretty high in my views lol but this is my review of her.

She is a very fast and agile melee fighter. Her combos are full of kicks and psychic blades (which are devastating btw!). Her heroup is one of the most powerful in the whole game as even at level 1 it will instant KO all small and medium sized foes (basically everybody but the larger foes and bosses). However the down side of the heroup is it is extremely slow and takes several seconds before actually causing damage. This allows foes the chance to really hurt her if given the chance :( Her powers are slightly more of a letdown but only because her combos are so powerful and fast. 2nd power is extremely weak but adds a damage buff which is the main reason to use the power while the 3rd power can hit multiple foes at once.

And for those people who would like to know about Dr. Strange this is what I have for him right now. He isn't a powerhouse unlike what most people might think. His combos are very fun and visually cool to watch however the time between each combo is extremely slow. I'd say that the average character's combos (Psylocke for example) could occur almost twice in the time it takes him to complete his combos once. Heroup is not very damaging yet either but it has a very HUGE radius and the ability to cripple foes (by making them dance lol) is extremely beneficial. Powers are once more very fun and interesting to see but not meant to deal damage. They are more for taking foes out of action (like turning them into bunny rabbits as Fox and Midnightphoenix saw today :))

IMO they are both very fun characters but who you like better may depend on your character archetype.

I know Psylocke is fun, very fast to. Dont know much about Strange :P

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Thanks for the reviews on Psylocke and Dr. Strange!

LOL I had just got on with my other account to get Sentry, and then I saw my tickets and silver and I was like never mind to lazy XD

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: fox456 on October 26, 2011, 05:09PM
Thanks for the reviews on Psylocke and Dr. Strange!
I think it really comes down to two types of characters

1) Quick and fast melee character who can smash/slice through foes with ease. The heroup complements the combos while the powers are usually avoided as they aren't too useful

2) Ranged character who can take out foes from afar but is usually slower and not too damaging. Powers however are much more fun to use so you will use them often. Not really damage-dealers but more for support

1) Examples: Black Widow, Wolverine, Reptile, etc.

2) Examples: Scarlet Witch, Invisible Woman, Emma Frost, etc.

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on October 26, 2011, 05:17PM
I think it really comes down to two types of characters

1) Quick and fast melee character who can smash/slice through foes with ease. The heroup complements the combos while the powers are usually avoided as they aren't too useful

2) Ranged character who can take out foes from afar but is usually slower and not too damaging. Powers however are much more fun to use so you will use them often. Not really damage-dealers but more for support

1) Examples: Black Widow, Wolverine, Reptile, etc.

2) Examples: Scarlet Witch, Invisible Woman, Emma Frost, etc.

OK, after all this time, there must be something I still don't get about the game.  What are these "powers" and how do you activate them?  When I play, I just left click on the enemy and let the hero do his thing.  When I get enough power, I click on the Heroup icon.  Is there more?

Quote from: fox456 on October 26, 2011, 05:39PM
OK, after all this time, there must be something I still don't get about the game.  What are these "powers" and how do you activate them?  When I play, I just left click on the enemy and let the hero do his thing.  When I get enough power, I click on the Heroup icon.  Is there more?

Yeah if you look at your stars before it turns to a heroup, some of the stars with light up sometimes single stars or double. They are the things you pick in the start of a mission, the yellow, orange, and red power things. You click the right mouse button when a star or stars are lite up then they do a special power

LOL, I NEVER noticed that!  So when you right click, does it use up the stars that you've earned for the Heroup?

Quote from: fox456 on October 26, 2011, 06:05PM
LOL, I NEVER noticed that!  So when you right click, does it use up the stars that you've earned for the Heroup?

Not all of them, it depends on which power you pick, its mostly 1 star, but sometimes 2 I dont know if there are ones that take more then 1 or 2

1st power takes one star
2nd power takes two stars
3rd power takes three stars

Just right click once you've earned enough stars for the powers you've chosen to use it. If all the stars are full and you right-click then the heroup will activate so be careful!

Also while picking characters for missions you pick one of the three powers. However using both shift and either #1, #2, or #3 can change power number. Lets say you picked a hero's third power and after getting into the mission you want to use the first power. Then press shift and #1 and the power will switch to that. Or vice-versa.

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on October 26, 2011, 07:31PM
1st power takes one star
2nd power takes two stars
3rd power takes three stars

Just right click once you've earned enough stars for the powers you've chosen to use it. If all the stars are full and you right-click then the heroup will activate so be careful!

Also while picking characters for missions you pick one of the three powers. However using both shift and either #1, #2, or #3 can change power number. Lets say you picked a hero's third power and after getting into the mission you want to use the first power. Then press shift and #1 and the power will switch to that. Or vice-versa.

I didnt know that, :) Thanks for that!

Btw can someone tell me both what Jean's and Emma's powers are.

Power Emote 1:
Power Emote 2:
Power Emote 3:

Power 1:
Power 2:
Power 3:

Hero UP!:

Combos:

Thank you in advance :)

Quote from: fox456 on October 25, 2011, 05:37PM
Scabbia, you can enter the contest too!

Thanks for the thought Fox, but I'm not on enough to enter any contests :). Bout to get on for a tad bit...

October 27, 2011, 09:53AM #1844 Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:01AM by Jeanfan321
Quote from: White Queen on October 27, 2011, 04:11AM
Btw can someone tell me both what Jean's and Emma's powers are.

Power Emote 1:
Power Emote 2:
Power Emote 3:

Power 1:
Power 2:
Power 3:

Hero UP!:

Combos:

Thank you in advance :)
I'll upload videos showing their powers tommorrow and i have emma's power emotes that are uploading...

EDIT: Here are Emma's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krDmcEH1xbM