Marvel Super Hero Squad Online

Started by MarvelFan12345, March 22, 2011, 05:43PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Once again, I've been off for a while. After tons of fractals collecting, I got the Summers family bundle. And what if I told you... I had to find them?

Don't ask me what Scott was doing in a sewer; 'cause I dunno. He seems to enjoy the smell though.

Hope seems to have forgotten which side she's on. Then again, I don't think that in her apocalyptic age there are any Villainville civillians that flirt interact just like a normal civillian.

Curious how this happened? Well, Hope kept whining that she has no brothers. Nathan acted quickly and grabbed a baby from an adoption center. But since he didn't have any money (because he comes from a war torn future; duh.), he gave the shopkeeper a time travelling device out of his thousands.

And besides that... Nothing really. How have YOU been?

Like that Cable pic, corvetterules.  How many fractals did you have to spend to win the Summers family?
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: fox456 on June 22, 2014, 10:54PM
Like that Cable pic, corvetterules.  How many fractals did you have to spend to win the Summers family?
I used 11k fractals. Don't rely on it though; the campers that compete for bundles often redeem 15k-30k. If I had any advantage, it was that I prayed like 3 times to be able to get the bundle, since 11k fractals in a short time such as this is only obtainable ONCE.

If you have a stack of say 11k fractals (which I'm actually nowhere close), but you only want to contribute 5,000, is there a way to do that or do you have to give them all away at once?
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: fox456 on June 23, 2014, 08:40AM
If you have a stack of say 11k fractals (which I'm actually nowhere close), but you only want to contribute 5,000, is there a way to do that or do you have to give them all away at once?
I think you can just delete the number of fractals it says and type in "5000", just like that. If that's not possible, you can still do it. But good luck being patient enough to click the right arrow all the way up to 5k.

So the game is going down, and they are supposedly having the biggest update ever.

I guess we will see about that.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

June 26, 2014, 05:02AM #3771 Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 06:51AM by corvetterules2
I love this update, because I managed to do these:

And also this!

BUT... Most importantly... The nerd we all know and love!

Cutest. Thing. Ever. (his blush emote)

Now time for Ultron.

Love the pictures!

Use the code RECHARGED and you will get Iron Man, Spider-Man, Hulk and Black Widow. They are also the four new starting heroes.

Here is everything you need to know about the update.

Hang on to your hats, Squaddies!  Today we unleash the biggest update to Super Hero Squad Online since we first launched 3 years ago!

There's a lot of stuff in here, so let's jump right in!

First, we have completely changed how you earn currency in SHSO.  Gold is still Gold and you can buy it on the website, but we've released smaller (and larger!) Gold packages to give you more choices.  The larger packages also come with exclusive items like the Sidekick Box (also gives a Sidekick!), the Rare Hero Box (always gives out a Mystery Box Hero like Thanos or Agent Coulson!) and the super-rare Au Ultron!

You can now earn Fractals from nearly everything in the game (grabbing Tokens, catching Robbers, bopping Troublebots, etc).   We've increased the number of Fractals you earn from Missions, and you can now spend Fractals in the Shop!  Almost everything in SHSO is now available for purchase with Fractals, meaning that the longer you play, the more Heroes you can buy!

We've totally revamped the Shop. We gave it a brand new look and feel, more categories, and added the ability to search a category for whatever you need.  Every Hero in the game now has ability icons so you can see at a glance if a Hero fights hand-to-hand, or if they can fly, teleport, heal others, and more!  Missions have new icons as well to tell you about how long the mission takes to complete, and whether it is a Crisis mission or if it is a Survival mission.  (Coming soon – information on what Crafting Items can be found in a given Mission!)

We've slashed the prices of everything in the game so the Gold you buy goes further!  Heroes can now be bought for 500g or less (or for Fractals!), Sidekicks are now 300g or less, Mystery Boxes are all 50g, head into the new Shop and check it all out!

We simplified how you move around the game.  The two "wheels" in the lower right and left corners of the game are gone and replaced with a new Global Nav in the upper right corner.  Get one-click access to every feature in the game and even check out your Gold and Fractal levels whenever you want!  The new Global Nav also includes your current Hero's abilities (like if they can fly, teleport, double-jump, etc) in addition to any abilities your Hero has because of their Sidekick.

But wait! We aren't done! Achievements are here!  Now you can earn Fractals, Titles, Heroes (like MODOK!) and Medallions just by doing the things you like doing!  Everyone starts out on the new Destiny Achievements, check out the lower right corner of your game to see what your next task is.  Earn a ton of Fractals right away by completing those Achievements and get a walkthrough of all the new content in the game!  Open up your Achievements window (using the new Global Nav!) to check out and track more Achievements.  Not sure how to complete a particular Achievement?  Check out the Help button on the trackers in the lower right corner of your screen to get more information.  Want more information on the Achievements, check out our last Dev Blog which has all the details!

There are also new things to do in Super Hero City!  Keep an eye out for the rare Golden Fractal, worth 10 times as much as a regular Fractal.  Every Hero in your squad can find one each day, but it only appears  in one zone for that Hero.  If your Iron Man can't find his Golden Fractal in the Daily Bugle, try hunting in Baxter Plaza, Asgard, or Villainville!  You should also watch out for Impossible Man.  He's trying to sneak into the city by hiding inside ordinary objects like fire hydrants and benches, but he leaves behind a tell-tale cloud of multicolored smoke.  Poke the things he hides in to scare him off and earn Fractals and XP!  If you scare him off 5 times with a single Hero he's got a surprise for you!

To simplify the number of things you need to keep track of (and because Fractals are so awesome) we've removed Tickets and Silver from the game completely.  Having 4 different kinds of 'money' to track just wasn't fun.  This also means that the Prize Wheels have been removed from all zones in the game.  If you had saved up a bunch of Tickets or Silver don't worry, we converted them all over to Fractals so you should have a bunch of Fractals waiting for you to spend.  We also removed the bonus you get for logging in every day in a row because then if you missed a day it all reset and everyone felt sad L  We replaced it with a new daily reward where every day you log in you have a chance to win Fractals, Potions, and even free Mystery Boxes!  Log in each day for a new prize, but don't worry if you miss a day.

Finally, check out the new My Heroes screen.  We combined the Hero Chooser with the Hero Information windows so now you can check out all the Heroes in your squad, get information on all their vital stats like Health, Powers, etc from one screen, or choose a new Hero to play.

All this and more awaits you in Super Hero Squad Online! See you in game!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: Midnightphoenix on June 26, 2014, 07:16AM
Love the pictures!

Use the code RECHARGED and you will get Iron Man, Spider-Man, Hulk and Black Widow. They are also the four new starting heroes.

Here is everything you need to know about the update.

Hang on to your hats, Squaddies!  Today we unleash the biggest update to Super Hero Squad Online since we first launched 3 years ago!

There's a lot of stuff in here, so let's jump right in!

First, we have completely changed how you earn currency in SHSO.  Gold is still Gold and you can buy it on the website, but we've released smaller (and larger!) Gold packages to give you more choices.  The larger packages also come with exclusive items like the Sidekick Box (also gives a Sidekick!), the Rare Hero Box (always gives out a Mystery Box Hero like Thanos or Agent Coulson!) and the super-rare Au Ultron!

You can now earn Fractals from nearly everything in the game (grabbing Tokens, catching Robbers, bopping Troublebots, etc).   We've increased the number of Fractals you earn from Missions, and you can now spend Fractals in the Shop!  Almost everything in SHSO is now available for purchase with Fractals, meaning that the longer you play, the more Heroes you can buy!

We've totally revamped the Shop. We gave it a brand new look and feel, more categories, and added the ability to search a category for whatever you need.  Every Hero in the game now has ability icons so you can see at a glance if a Hero fights hand-to-hand, or if they can fly, teleport, heal others, and more!  Missions have new icons as well to tell you about how long the mission takes to complete, and whether it is a Crisis mission or if it is a Survival mission.  (Coming soon – information on what Crafting Items can be found in a given Mission!)

We've slashed the prices of everything in the game so the Gold you buy goes further!  Heroes can now be bought for 500g or less (or for Fractals!), Sidekicks are now 300g or less, Mystery Boxes are all 50g, head into the new Shop and check it all out!

We simplified how you move around the game.  The two "wheels" in the lower right and left corners of the game are gone and replaced with a new Global Nav in the upper right corner.  Get one-click access to every feature in the game and even check out your Gold and Fractal levels whenever you want!  The new Global Nav also includes your current Hero's abilities (like if they can fly, teleport, double-jump, etc) in addition to any abilities your Hero has because of their Sidekick.

But wait! We aren't done! Achievements are here!  Now you can earn Fractals, Titles, Heroes (like MODOK!) and Medallions just by doing the things you like doing!  Everyone starts out on the new Destiny Achievements, check out the lower right corner of your game to see what your next task is.  Earn a ton of Fractals right away by completing those Achievements and get a walkthrough of all the new content in the game!  Open up your Achievements window (using the new Global Nav!) to check out and track more Achievements.  Not sure how to complete a particular Achievement?  Check out the Help button on the trackers in the lower right corner of your screen to get more information.  Want more information on the Achievements, check out our last Dev Blog which has all the details!

There are also new things to do in Super Hero City!  Keep an eye out for the rare Golden Fractal, worth 10 times as much as a regular Fractal.  Every Hero in your squad can find one each day, but it only appears  in one zone for that Hero.  If your Iron Man can't find his Golden Fractal in the Daily Bugle, try hunting in Baxter Plaza, Asgard, or Villainville!  You should also watch out for Impossible Man.  He's trying to sneak into the city by hiding inside ordinary objects like fire hydrants and benches, but he leaves behind a tell-tale cloud of multicolored smoke.  Poke the things he hides in to scare him off and earn Fractals and XP!  If you scare him off 5 times with a single Hero he's got a surprise for you!

To simplify the number of things you need to keep track of (and because Fractals are so awesome) we've removed Tickets and Silver from the game completely.  Having 4 different kinds of 'money' to track just wasn't fun.  This also means that the Prize Wheels have been removed from all zones in the game.  If you had saved up a bunch of Tickets or Silver don't worry, we converted them all over to Fractals so you should have a bunch of Fractals waiting for you to spend.  We also removed the bonus you get for logging in every day in a row because then if you missed a day it all reset and everyone felt sad L  We replaced it with a new daily reward where every day you log in you have a chance to win Fractals, Potions, and even free Mystery Boxes!  Log in each day for a new prize, but don't worry if you miss a day.

Finally, check out the new My Heroes screen.  We combined the Hero Chooser with the Hero Information windows so now you can check out all the Heroes in your squad, get information on all their vital stats like Health, Powers, etc from one screen, or choose a new Hero to play.

All this and more awaits you in Super Hero Squad Online! See you in game!
Oh yeah, that code too. Well, considering just how EASY, I should say, it is to get heroes in this game, I couldn't care less about Hulk, Iron Man and Spidey right now. Focusing on Ultron, Mystique and Dracula at the moment. And maybe after that Green Goblin.

I know I had Black Widow, I believe I may have had Iron Man and or Spider-Man, but I used the code anyway. Free heroes are free heroes haha

Quote from: Midnightphoenix on June 26, 2014, 01:23PM
I know I had Black Widow, I believe I may have had Iron Man and or Spider-Man, but I used the code anyway. Free heroes are free heroes haha
Same here. I got them to level 3 from mega-collecting, at least.
Also, I noticed that strangely my squad level went down a notch. About 90 levels. Am I the only one here?

From the FAQ :

Why did my Squad Level change?

With the release of the new Achievements, the old Challenges went away.  Because new players cannot access them, we removed the bonus to Squad Level from challenges.  Additionally, because Squad Level is designed to be a number representing the size and power of your squad, adding a bonus to it for subscribers never made any sense, so we removed that as well.

So yeah

Not gonna lie, reading this got me excited to play the game again. I'm glad they're finally realising some of the stupid things they've done in the past

My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Quote from: Polygone on June 27, 2014, 03:18AM
From the FAQ :

Why did my Squad Level change?

With the release of the new Achievements, the old Challenges went away.  Because new players cannot access them, we removed the bonus to Squad Level from challenges.  Additionally, because Squad Level is designed to be a number representing the size and power of your squad, adding a bonus to it for subscribers never made any sense, so we removed that as well.

So yeah

Not gonna lie, reading this got me excited to play the game again. I'm glad they're finally realising some of the stupid things they've done in the past
Oh, right. I forgot about the challenge bonus to the squad level. Although they were only 1 per challenge, so in total 65. As for subscription bonus, I seriously never knew you'd get a bonus. Well, I guess it DOES kind of make it more fair. And more realistic. I barely even had 55 heroes and I was at level 900+ before the achievements update.

Dang I am LOVING this game. Just bought Psylocke, Phoenix and Thanos in one day :D, loving all the new stuff
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Quote from: Polygone on June 27, 2014, 07:20AM
Dang I am LOVING this game. Just bought Psylocke, Phoenix and Thanos in one day :D, loving all the new stuff
Just that? You're way behind. I bought Ock, Falcon Exo-7, Dracula, Abomination AND Taskmaster. And now T-man, Ultron and Dr. Doom (maybe) will follow.
Don't worry. It's a pretty good amount of heroes in a day. I just said that to put the awesomeness of this update in an indirect way. On top of all that, I completed all the Valor, Exploration and Emotes tasks.