Modding Grand Theft Auto 4?

Started by Midnightphoenix, July 11, 2011, 12:50PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Alright, so does anyone play GTA4 for the PC? I had it installed then it got unistalled and now I want to mod it, im currently installing it again. I tried to add in a new car before, but it didn't end up super great, so if anyone else mods this game I would love some help?

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on July 11, 2011, 12:50PM
I would love some help?

Can't help but I can offer you more Jugs though. =P

DId u try out tuts (not tits, TUTS) on the net?

Quote from: BLaw on July 11, 2011, 01:47PM
Can't help but I can offer you more Jugs though. =P

DId u try out tuts (not tits, TUTS) on the net?

Whats is that exactly?

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

I wanted to install this, and I got it to work, but not work XD. I load the game I press "o" to test the red cross comes up. But the game freezes. It tells me I need a gta4 patch, do I just download this from the internet? Because I think thats my problem

Quote from: BLaw on July 11, 2011, 04:39PM
Well, yea, Define "patch".

Well here it says
GTA IV version 1.0.7.0 but other places it says patch, and in my control pannel it says version 1.00.0000

Alright Im now trying to mod in a car, XD, Its pretty simple untill you need to text edit a part.... I cant find a text editor that works to edit the Handeling.dat file so if you know a text editor that works and is easy to use please tell me, I tried XMLB, Textpad, Hexeditor Neo, Ultra Edit, and Edit plus 3 :P and none of them work or are to complex for me to figure out

If notepad can't open it then it probably isn't actual text. Whatever program was built for it in the GTA community likely outputs it to text like XMLB Compiler does.