New XML2 NPC

Started by nodoubt_jr, July 02, 2007, 07:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thanks. i really like it, the shrinking characters is fun, and ive never gotten Rouge's power theft to work for me, so its cool to see her steal powers.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

just wanted to mention that these npc are on hold for now (well except for Sebastian Shaw). Ive figured out why the mods I made crashed the game, it was my saved games which were so confused because i kept replacing Pyro wiht different people that it would just crash the game if it wasnt a character it recognized. It was my fault, but now that i replaced Sabretooth with Magma, it no longer crashes. So i'll be working on Magma (almost done), then Jubilee, and maybe work on some of the characters here so they can be fully playable mods.

Let me know hwat you guys think.  With npc we have a lot of options since so far theres no limit on npcstat and we can just hex them in.  Or would you like a lot of mods, that well some cant be used cause of the character limit.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

I say more npc but it's really up to you. Hope you make quicksliver soon.

July 07, 2007, 03:34PM #79 Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 07:20PM by nodoubt_jr
right now im in between, continue to do npc characters and only do full mods for characters that have a lot of potential (for example Forge)

edit: nevermind i decided to keep doing npcs, there easy and dont have to replace anyone. I'll still make some mods, but i think my main focus is still going ot be npc.  I'll get back to these after finishing the Jubilee mod.

OMG Jubilee mode can't wait she's the only one I really wanted to add after psylocke and emma.

Selene looks cool.  Out of curiosity what are the extra skins?  I tried a quick look in texturefinder but nothing registered.
  From the Ashes she will rise.

oh the xtras skins are from MUA PS2, they are Black Hearth (i think thats his name), Enchantress and that evil Dr Strange, her own Coven, she calls them for help.

Oh ok thanks.  I was looking at your npc's to see how they work and will start Goblin Queen tomorrow.  I may uses the ability for Selene's teleportation because Maddie I believe has the ability to teleport into the astral plane and come back in the psysical world at a different spot.  She will have some abilitiess like Jean and Dark Phoenix.  I will be doing some more research to find moves that fit her.

i know during inferno she could transfer people into demons (she did it too Jean's parents), so what you can do is have her be able to mind control people (Emma's power), but have them switch into a demonic skin when she takes over them.  You can have her and a bunch of demons running around with her. Let me know if you need help.

Nodoubt is this whole thing what gives selene the ability to teleport?

event {
   damagescale = none ;
   name = teleport_data_store ;
   type = ce_atk_teleport_mark_start ;
   }

event {
   name = set_visible ;
   teleportation_caused = true ;
   type = ce_force_visibility ;
   }

FightMove {
   animenum = ea_ko_head1 ;
   death = true ;
   lockangles = true ;
   name = deathgen ;
   priority = uninterruptable ;
   sequenced = true ;
      trigger {
      name = sound ;
      sound = char/cuck_m/death ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

trigger {
      effect = char/sun/special_burning ;
      name = effect ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

trigger {
      name = remove ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

}

Oops, I should read before I post.  Thanks for the offer.  I think that I got the whole skin thing, I copied what you did for emma.  In the dangerroom I can have a bunch of demons running with her by adding them to the list of enemies.  I also want a spawn move that brings more demons for you to fight.  Is selene's move a good base for that?

So far I added these for goblin queen (in theory)

Teleport (not a move, just hit jump twice)
Mental Dart (want to change projectile's effect)
Telekinesis
Mind Control (with skin change) <Thanks for the idea nodoubt>
Amnesia (Nullifies ememies powers for a time)

I want to add

Space Warp Inferno (Minus the space and cause mental damage)
A radial move
A paralysis move (have to find the status for it)
Spawn Demons
Xtreme (Dunno yet)

Possibles:
Boost: Mental Link?
Boost: Invisibility (possibly because she has the power to block her presence out of others minds)
Boost: Psionic Shield

Quote from: matt710 on July 09, 2007, 08:55AM
Nodoubt is this whole thing what gives selene the ability to teleport?

event {
   damagescale = none ;
   name = teleport_data_store ;
   type = ce_atk_teleport_mark_start ;
   }

event {
   name = set_visible ;
   teleportation_caused = true ;
   type = ce_force_visibility ;
   }

FightMove {
   animenum = ea_ko_head1 ;
   death = true ;
   lockangles = true ;
   name = deathgen ;
   priority = uninterruptable ;
   sequenced = true ;
      trigger {
      name = sound ;
      sound = char/cuck_m/death ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

trigger {
      effect = char/sun/special_burning ;
      name = effect ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

trigger {
      name = remove ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

}

no that last one is a death effect, when she is killed instead of just falling over she disappears with a little fire left behind.  Teleporting is weird, i copied a lot of stuff from Nightcrawler, so im not sure what is needed and what i didnt need. For example Dark Phoenix's teleporting power left Selene invisible, so i just use Nightcrawlers ability adn copied anything over that had teleporting in the name and was not a power.

Quote from: matt710 on July 09, 2007, 08:58AM
Oops, I should read before I post.  Thanks for the offer.  I think that I got the whole skin thing, I copied what you did for emma.  In the dangerroom I can have a bunch of demons running with her by adding them to the list of enemies.  I also want a spawn move that brings more demons for you to fight.  Is selene's move a good base for that?

for a skin change no.  For spawning dupes yes, that power calls up 3 Selene dupes wearing different customes.  So yeah you can use it as a base for Madelyne to call up demons, but they would just be a bunch of Madelyne's in demons custome. In other words, the demon dupes would have the same powers as Madelyne.