HeroSelect V1.6 RELEASED (international language support)

Started by Norrin Radd, July 08, 2007, 12:34AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@Sasquatch: Can you post the exact error message. You need a fairly new Microsoft .NET package for the program to run IIRC.

@Norrin Radd: Some more stuff to improve HeroSelect:
* A possibility to permanently alter the path to the MUA executible
* A function that checks the herostat.cfg for errors
I also think that there might be an error in the parser somewhere. I had the following error:

Characters: A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H
*Selecting A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H did NOT work (kept the old herostat.engb, passvalues had the heros in there however.
*Selecting A,B,C,D,E,F works(!)
*Selecting C,D,E,F,G,H works(!)
*Selecting H,G,F,E,D,C,B,A works
*Selecting A,B,X,C,D,E,F,Y,G,H also worked.
Now generally I'd assume that there is a problem with my herostat.cfg, but the errors above are strange.

ic, i have not run into this problem before, but if you want me to look at it you can pass me your herostat.cfg file. I am not sure i will be making any changes/improvements to the existing program however (besides if i find an error with your situation) due to lack of time and motivation, but thank you for the suggestions.

I traced the problem back to xmlb-compile.
The herostat.xml is created, but not the herostat.engb.
In one particular test case I traced it back to an error (the 'stat' part of a character was at the start of the line instead of having three blanks in front of it) in my herostat. Interestingly sometimes this still compiles.

I'd offer to improve heroselect myself, but I don't have a compiler for c++ that already uses .NET (my Microsoft Visual Studio is like 10 years old...)

Hi!
I´ve just tried heroselect and I think that it's great. But isn't there a way to change the program for xml2? Or to which thread should I go with this question?

February 06, 2008, 07:41AM #155 Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 08:02AM by Norrin Radd
Thanks, there is a separate version for XML2 (its called HeroselectXML2), see this thread http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1010.0 (i just updated the link now for HeroselectXML2 so it should be good)

Hey, I tried using the Random option in Heroselect but the game keeps starting up wit hthe default team? Do I have to have to unlock the characters before this option works?

Hi Suspended Night, if you are using the Random option, make sure you try to change the "random seed" to get a different team each time. For you to have different characters than the original roster you will have to add them in the cfg file. If you have characters locked, using the random option will probably not unlock them so you might want to use the unlock characters cheat

Norrin, does your program save to .itab and .xmlb as well?  That might be causing a problem for some people.

Version 1.4 released (see first post)

Added international language support:
-copies of xmlb, itab, freb, and gerb are made when team is selected. These files are replicas of the engb file compiled.

Quote from: Teancum on March 03, 2008, 12:36PM
Norrin, does your program save to .itab and .xmlb as well?  That might be causing a problem for some people.
Ok, I tried unlocking all the characters and increasing the seeds, still same problem. I'm going to try downloading and adding a few character mods and see if this works, manually. Oh, one more thing, do you know where I could get a tool that'll decompile a heristat.engb file. I'm stuck on this part in following along with the instructions.

i keep getting this error message once i try to launch the game...

i did all this:
1. Put a copy of xmlb-compile.exe in c:\windows
2. Pasted the files from the \menus directory located inside the directory where you unzipped HeroSelect to \Activision\Marvel – Ultimate Alliance\ui\menus\
3. Edited herostat.cfg
http://www.mediafire.com/?3wkkz1smm2y

Post in the right topic please.  This topic has nothing at all to do with that mod.