HeroSelect V1.6 RELEASED (international language support)

Started by Norrin Radd, July 08, 2007, 12:34AM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 09, 2007, 12:10PM #30 Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 12:12PM by Norrin Radd
Quote from: BliZZ on July 09, 2007, 11:51AM
I'll test this for you when I get a chance, but some confirmation first:

25 Characters + 1 Extra character+ 1 character taking defaultman'sslot + the Team Character = the herostats we use. Team Character should be left as is, the game doesn't like that being messed around with.

where do the two extra characters go in the hero select menu?
and, the way i have it set up now, defaultman isnt put in the herostat, unless he is chosen randomly
and only entries for the characters you select are put in the herostat

Yeah, I didn't mean that, I just meant to leave the team_character alone :)

One goes at "26". The other is variable: right now it goes at 97-99, with the DLC it'll go at 91-96, one of those slots.

July 09, 2007, 12:17PM #32 Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 10:55PM by Norrin Radd
Quote from: BliZZ on July 09, 2007, 12:15PM
One goes at "26". The other is variable: right now it goes at 97-99, with the DLC it'll go at 91-96, one of those slots.

sorry, can you make it a bit clearer what you mean .
also, as of now, the team_character is always put as the last entry, and is the one from the default mua game

edit: ok, i think i know what you mean, sorry, you just mean where they go
I just hope that all 27 will show up in the menu
edit: if someone can confirm that they got 27 characters using the program it would be great, i think i tried 27 before, but it may not have compiled, i think i tried 26 and it worked.
--> confirmed 27 characters works

July 09, 2007, 07:22PM #33 Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 11:22AM by Norrin Radd
i fixed up the program a bit and released version 0.3, see the first post for more info

July 10, 2007, 04:16PM #34 Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 11:23AM by Norrin Radd
i updated the program again, i will not update a new version for a while, unless i get feedback that there are some bugs.

If I understood, it is basically a program to exchange and place in a reserve skins and characters to don't just erase some for new characters and then lose important things?

July 13, 2007, 07:03PM #36 Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 11:23AM by Norrin Radd
what it can do is:
1. change skins (you wont erase any as long as you have backups)
2. lets you choose which character you want in the game without you having to change the herostat, you just need to download the mod files and add some lines in a file so you can pick that character whenever you want. this makes it easier to pick your team instead of always having to edit the herostat file before you play

edit: (i see that you posted some information in a different post Spidermanfan, so this might answer your question)
this program does not let you have more than 27 characters in a game if thats what you want to know, you will still be limited to that number, but lets say you download mods from this site so you have 40 characters, before you start, you can easily choose which 27 you want. If you already know how to edit the herostat file and you like to choose characters that way, you dont really need this program.

i just tried using the program with 27 characters and it worked, but only when i defined the menuslot (for the two added characters over top of the default ones and moonknight and colossus) as 26 or 99 (i didnt try 98 or 97) but it didnt work when i set menuslot = XX or AA,
so i guess i will fix the program for the next version so that it sets all character slots from 1 to 26 then 99 instead of leaving them as XX, unless someone can explain why they dont show up in the hero select menu when i set the menu location as XX or AA

If you are saying that setting XX or AA to active characters doesn't work, then it's "normal". I think the game only recognizes numbers.

July 13, 2007, 10:42PM #39 Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 11:23AM by Norrin Radd
ok thanks,
i thought it would work from my previous discussions, i will definately have to fix it!

also, i may work on VB to get a ui working for it, if people are interested in this, please let me know, or i may not pursue it due to lack of interest,
but i will fix the menulocation thing for sure.

July 14, 2007, 05:50PM #41 Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 11:23AM by Norrin Radd
i fixed the menulocation problem and now this program can handle 27 characters.

Keep up the good work.
If not many people seem interested, I think thats just because they dont grasp what you are doing yet.

July 14, 2007, 05:56PM #43 Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 11:23AM by Norrin Radd
ok, so trying to do a graphic interface is worth it then?

Quote from: Norrin Radd on July 14, 2007, 05:56PM
ok, so trying to do a graphic interface is worth it then?

Yes, very much so.
Please.