Night Fall (My Comic series)

Started by Midnightphoenix, December 02, 2011, 07:57PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I really wanted to know what you guys thought about this. Me and my step brother are starting a comic book series the first few comics are going to be about my character and his, and then we will combine the two comics and the two heroes will team up.

So The name of my comic is Night Fall: Rising from the ashes, It is the rising from the ashes because it takes place in Detroit Michigan and part of their Moto is Rising from the ashes so I thought how fiting XD The Night Fall part kind of symbolizes how the story is kind of dark and I plan on alot of it taking place durning the night. My hero is female, because I love kick a** female superheroes! Her name is Dianna Ellen Carter and she is from England, her power is Telepathy, and she just recently moved to the US after an accident.

Currently Im a little stuck on her costume so if you have any ideas please let me know! And let me know with cool power ideas and all that, I so far only have the cover worked out a bit, so there is room for change :)

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

This sounds like a great project for you and your brother.  I like the tie-in to the motto: rising from the ashes.

It might be cliche, but did you think of using the colors in the British flag for her costume?  Hmmm, that may not present the darker image you want though....
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: fox456 on December 02, 2011, 08:24PM
This sounds like a great project for you and your brother.  I like the tie-in to the motto: rising from the ashes.

It might be cliche, but did you think of using the colors in the British flag for her costume?  Hmmm, that may not present the darker image you want though....

:) Thank you, and yeah I think the bright colors might make her seem less dark. I kind of have a design drawn but Im open to other design ideas other then color also. It has no color either, although I thought black and gray. If I had my scanner here I could scan the picture, but I dont know if its to simple or anything.

Well here is a little back story, although I dont have the paper I wrote everything down on with me I will try my best to remember, but shorten it.

She lost her mother to a gang murder, her father left them, she had to raise her younger siblings (Brother and sister) But they were taken by the Irish Republic Army I believe, and they were never to be seen again, she became a college professor, but when she had a mental breakdown, her powers almost killed everyone in her class. To not get arrested she bought a ticket to nowhere, not literally, but she bought it not knowing where she would end up and it took her to Michigan

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

sorry for the poor quality, its a phone picture

Great idea, my friend!

I look forward to your masterpiece. I'm sure it will be magical, fun, enchanting! (I just love to look at the wonderful creations of talented people.)

I wish you good luck in this hard work!

What about her costume - in general, I like pretty low-key outfits, I like this one, you may need to add a few details and everything will be OK!

Oh, I forgot to mention. The title of your comic is delightfully :)

† Reach Heaven before the devil learns of your death †

Quote from: Rogue on December 02, 2011, 11:36PM
Great idea, my friend!

I look forward to your masterpiece. I'm sure it will be magical, fun, enchanting! (I just love to look at the wonderful creations of talented people.)

I wish you good luck in this hard work!

What about her costume - in general, I like pretty low-key outfits, I like this one, you may need to add a few details and everything will be OK!

Oh, I forgot to mention. The title of your comic is delightfully :)

Thank you very much :) I will try to draw a more detiled version of this later!

Sounds like fun.  As i was reading about her background some different thoughts came to mind.  I don't know if you're open to ideas on character development, but some things that came to mind were, based on her history, and her powers.  To me it would be interesting if she had the psychological disorder, multiple personality disorder, which no one knew she had.  I was also thinking about maybe submitting a costume idea to you to see if you like it after I get finished with my tests (which will be over this week) before winter break from school.

The personality disorder to me would fit her powers and background (her past was traumatic).  I thought something that would be interesting is if she had a main villain throughout the story that she could never catch or locate, and slowly she would learn more and more about her, but ultimately at the end she would learn that it was her, or more specifically one of her alternate personalities and then there would be an epic battle in her mind to capture the strengths/essence of the other personalities to build up power and control and finally her main personality with the criminal personality fighting for power. 

For a my idea on a costume i was looking for inspiration and some idea's that I came across were shakira's outfit for her gypsy music video, the hairstyle of the character from the generator rex series I think her name is breach, and raven from teen titans, so far more on the lines of shakira's outfit. 

I hope I'm not overstepping, but I loved her background and the idea of the story and immediately these ideas started flowing in.
MY deviantART account: http://blacklynxkuroi.deviantart.com/

Quote from: 4elementsefww on December 07, 2011, 02:36PM
Sounds like fun.  As i was reading about her background some different thoughts came to mind.  I don't know if you're open to ideas on character development, but some things that came to mind were, based on her history, and her powers.  To me it would be interesting if she had the psychological disorder, multiple personality disorder, which no one knew she had.  I was also thinking about maybe submitting a costume idea to you to see if you like it after I get finished with my tests (which will be over this week) before winter break from school.

The personality disorder to me would fit her powers and background (her past was traumatic).  I thought something that would be interesting is if she had a main villain throughout the story that she could never catch or locate, and slowly she would learn more and more about her, but ultimately at the end she would learn that it was her, or more specifically one of her alternate personalities and then there would be an epic battle in her mind to capture the strengths/essence of the other personalities to build up power and control and finally her main personality with the criminal personality fighting for power. 

For a my idea on a costume i was looking for inspiration and some idea's that I came across were shakira's outfit for her gypsy music video, the hairstyle of the character from the generator rex series I think her name is breach, and raven from teen titans, so far more on the lines of shakira's outfit. 

I hope I'm not overstepping, but I loved her background and the idea of the story and immediately these ideas started flowing in.

Wow this is amazing! This also sounds great! :) The muiltiple personality disorder sounds like it could work could you maybe explaine it a bit more? And yeah if you want to draw up a costume for her that would be awesome as long as its a bit dark :)

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on December 07, 2011, 03:37PM
Wow this is amazing! This also sounds great! :) The multiple personality disorder sounds like it could work could you maybe explain it a bit more? And yeah if you want to draw up a costume for her that would be awesome as long as its a bit dark :)

I really love psychology and the idea of multiple personality disorder.  So from what I understand about the disorder is that it is rare.  A person develops it due to a very traumatic experience.  And people manifests different personalities, like one can be very mean, the normal one (original personality), one can be timid, pretty much any personality trait.  Also the personality take on different names, and some can identify themselves as male or female, or different ages.  I was reading a book that had a character with multiple personality disorder and the character had one personality that identified them-self as a child and they were innocent and timid.  Then one was this big huge (huge meaning that they saw themselves as muscular buff) dude with a protective and strong personality.  Then another was Sensual and lustful.  So basically anything you can think of.  Also the original person doesn't remember what the others do, unless the personalities allow the original to know.  Also with the disorder people are fighting to gain control of the body, the idea of a talking stick (whoever has the stick talks).  The disorder is also called dissociative disorder.  And the person needs at least 2 personalities, one can be the original i think.

Here's a link to a list of the disorder in things like books and movies etc. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity_disorder_in_popular_culture#Movies_and_television

Also to understand the idea about the final battle I would best compare it to the teen titans episode nevermore, and the American Dragon Jake Long episode called The Doppelganger Gang.  Those two episodes I think would best describe the absorption of the personalities and then the hero personality and villain personality fighting in the mind.

Sounds good, another thing is, is their is a villain that controls darkness and has the ability to give people powers, on accident he transfers some darkness to her and she gets taken over by it eventually. How would this disorder work into that? And after that happens she dies/ gets killed and will later return as a new hero, but her powers are gone because of the accident. How would it play into these 2 things?

Well The idea I had about the final battle would kill of the villain personality, but if you wanted the events you mentioned to happen before that battle then the darkness would probably not affect her other personalities, maybe just her body, or the original personality is affected, because if no one knows about her disorder then the darkness villain wouldn't know either, so the darkness to me would just penetrate through what he/she(darkness villain) intended, which is the original heroic personality, the only personality that he/she(darkness villain) knows about.  Also maybe if her death happens before her battle with her other personality, when the hero dies her personality forms her own identical body, or you could have it where the original personality supposedly dies, but the body survives, like maybe she becomes brain dead, but then the evil personality takes over and uses the body and partners with the darkness villain, but then the after some time the evil personality discovers that the hero personality didn't die, but hid in the subconscious the gain her strength back and then the battle can happen.  Those would be my ideas for that.  :)

Quote from: 4elementsefww on December 07, 2011, 05:05PM
Well The idea I had about the final battle would kill of the villain personality, but if you wanted the events you mentioned to happen before that battle then the darkness would probably not affect her other personalities, maybe just her body, or the original personality is affected, because if no one knows about her disorder then the darkness villain wouldn't know either, so the darkness to me would just penetrate through what he/she(darkness villain) intended, which is the original heroic personality, the only personality that he/she(darkness villain) knows about.  Also maybe if her death happens before her battle with her other personality, when the hero dies her personality forms her own identical body, or you could have it where the original personality supposedly dies, but the body survives, like maybe she becomes brain dead, but then the evil personality takes over and uses the body and partners with the darkness villain, but then the after some time the evil personality discovers that the hero personality didn't die, but hid in the subconscious the gain her strength back and then the battle can happen.  Those would be my ideas for that.  :)

This is actually turning into a really great idea! So like after the Darkness takes over, and when this does its kind of like it creates a whole new person the original girl cant take control again because she has lost the battle. But I was thinking maybe when she comes back as a new hero maybe she has a whole new name because she actually thinks its right. And then maybe have her powers come again like you said as they were hidden inside the whole time and the real her finnaly relizes whats been happening and then the battle takes place! Sound about right?

Quote from: 4elementsefww on December 07, 2011, 05:13PM
Yeah that sounds awesome! :D

Thanks for all these amazing thoughts, if you have anything else throw it at me :) I cant wait to see the costume design!

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on December 07, 2011, 06:10PM
Thanks for all these amazing thoughts, if you have anything else throw it at me :) I cant wait to see the costume design!

No problem I am hoping to design it either Friday or Saturday because my tests will be done.  If I think of anything else, I'll will definitely let you know.  I love developing story ideas, they are really fun.  :)