The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hmm... so others have had this problem. I don't get it -- must be a random thing, as I've had no problems with it. Still, for those that do, "Erik Lehnsherr" said that the problem was fixed when he added this to Ultron's herostat:

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = sentinel_online ;
      }

Because of the way I coded the mod, adding this will still only affect the Sentinel skin. Thanks for the reports.

Bug with arcade he doesnt have a weak or strong attack :/(the basic attackk buttons)

Quote from: Narutogokuichigo on August 15, 2014, 03:33PM
Bug with arcade he doesnt have a weak or strong attack :/(the basic attackk buttons)

I've looked into Arcade based on your report. He has all of his basic attacks with the exception of his knockback (strong attack) from the idle position, which I've mentioned in the "Read It" file. It can be done while in motion, however. I am unsure why you particularly don't have his basic attacks. Is it just him? Try re-downloading him -- perhaps you're missing a file. And be sure to start a new game. Report any results you find. I have no other suggestions at this time.

Well ill redownload and see if it was a downloading error i guess.Also your deathbird is doing the same along with scorpion

Redownloaded Arcade ONLY and it still happens.I cant perform his weak at all. BUT i can perform his strong while moving as mentioned and grab the enemy and press  (my key u for grabbing  j for weak and k for strong)(if you didnt understand i met. I couldnt attack period  with j unless it wa sa grab and press j repeatlyed and since arcades bug was already there for  k/smash/strong it works fine other than the missing weak attacks :/) a  grab attack But i cant just straight up weak attack without the need to grab :/.

Quote from: Narutogokuichigo on August 16, 2014, 06:30PM
Redownloaded Arcade ONLY and it still happens.I cant perform his weak at all. BUT i can perform his strong while moving as mentioned and grab the enemy and press  (my key u for grabbing  j for weak and k for strong)(if you didnt understand i met. I couldnt attack period  with j unless it wa sa grab and press j repeatlyed and since arcades bug was already there for  k/smash/strong it works fine other than the missing weak attacks :/) a  grab attack But i cant just straight up weak attack without the need to grab :/.

Let me ask you this: You said that you have this problem with Deathbird and Scorpion as well -- also my creations. I've tested them, and nope -- they work fine too. Are you also having this problem with mods that I didn't create? Or a few in-game characters?

I ask this because it appears you're the only one having this problem -- that said, my hypothesis is that my mods aren't the problem at all. I'm not sure what is, though, so I don't know of any solutions. Hopefully, a keyboard user can provide you with assistance.

To everyone: If anyone else is suffering this "can't perform light attacks" problem, feel free to report, or if you can offer any solutions, go right ahead. Since I don't use the keyboard to play MUA (I use a controller plugged into the USB port), I'm limited on solutions I can give to keyboard users. And on my computer, Arcade and others work just fine. This seems like a much bigger problem.

Was a new game started? Starting a new game ensures all newly added files are loaded properly. Loading a save game won't ensure this.

Everytime i tested it was with a new game.Ive only had problems with the 3 mentioned  everyone else is fine from light to strong to grab to powers.

p.s:I have started  a new game without   and with prev game data

There might be an issue loading the fightstyle or references to the fightstyle used. Reference includes the entry in the talent file. These are the solutions I can think of.

@Narutogokuichigo - I will continue to look into your report. Arcade, Deathbird, and Scorpion all use "fightstyle_default" which the majority of mods use. Fortunately, I always keep copies of my mods' talents, powerstyle, and herostat files (via notepad) in case I need to fix things or make improvements. So far, I still don't see any proverbial cracks in the armor. And your situation is quite strange -- it can do the strong attack, but not the light attack from the idle position... very strange. Usually, if there's a problem with the fightstyle, the mod doesn't perform any melee attacks at all.

No reference in their talents file as Blaw mentioned, as again they use the default fightstyle. I looked at the powerstyles for each -- Deathbird and Scorpion have no idle listed there, so they use the game's default. Arcade has an idle listed:

FightMove {
   animenum = ea_idle1 ;
   handler = ch_idle ;
   lockchaining = false ;
   name = idle ;
   noncombat = true ;
      trigger {
      name = runscript ;
      script = common/remove_bumpercar.py ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

trigger {
      boltslot = ebolton_clawleft ;
      critical = true ;
      name = removebolton ;
      removebolton = true ;
      time = 0 ;
      type = ce_bolton ;
      }

trigger {
      boltslot = ebolton_clawright ;
      critical = true ;
      name = removebolton ;
      removebolton = true ;
      time = 0 ;
      type = ce_bolton ;
      }

chain {
      action = walk ;
      result = walk ;
      }

chain {
      action = run ;
      result = run ;
      }

chain {
      action = sprint ;
      result = sprint ;
      }

chain {
      action = strafeleft ;
      result = strafeleft ;
      }

chain {
      action = straferight ;
      result = straferight ;
      }

chain {
      action = advance ;
      result = advance ;
      }

chain {
      action = retreat ;
      result = retreat ;
      }

chain {
      action = guard ;
      result = guarddecide ;
      }

chain {
      action = attack ;
      result = attacklight1 ;
      }

chain {
      action = smash ;
      result = fireball ;
      }

chain {
      action = groundattack ;
      result = groundattack ;
      }

chain {
      action = move ;
      result = jump ;
      }

chain {
      action = special ;
      result = boredloop ;
      }

chain {
      action = blocking ;
      result = blocking ;
      }

chain {
      action = powers ;
      result = powers ;
      }

chain {
      action = rollright ;
      result = dodgeright ;
      }

chain {
      action = rollleft ;
      result = dodgeleft ;
      }

}

You can see here that he still has the light attack (attacklight1) you're supposed to have. I see no reason why just those three mods can't perform light attacks from the idle position,  I will continue to look into this, but I'll need you to search for non-mod (perhaps game or computer) solutions, as if this were a mod problem, others would be having this same problem.

August 22, 2014, 07:10PM #343 Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 12:14AM by Outsider
ZATANNA

If I, The Outsider were a Marvel comcs character, I couldn't possibly resist Psylocke. If I were a Top Cow character, Witchblade would be on my radar. And if I were a DC character, my obsession would be with this woman... the Mistress of Magic herself, Zatanna. She plays completely different from Dr. Strange, Clea, and Scarlet Witch. With some original powers I've created, combined with powers inspired from her appearance in "Injustice: Gods Among Us," she will be serious fun for anyone. She somehow fights in high heels, but Nick Fury would be a fool not to hire this fishnet philly to the Alliance. Daolnwod reh won!

UPDATE: Added DC Unchained skin & HUD, new mannequin, fixed up animations. Herostat has changed.

FEATURES:
-7 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme. Some were influenced by Injustice.
-Abilities of Flight and Teleport. Can taunt as well.
-15 highly detailed, hex-edited skins, 4 HUDs, icons, mannequin, and your choice of 4 loading screens.
-Sound files featuring her voice by Lacey Chabert.
-Uses assigned number #150.

MOVESET:
1. Cigam Sdrac: [Magic Cards] Zatanna rapidly throws cards charged with magic.
2. Teppup Retsam: [Puppet Master] From her cloaked wand, Zatanna levitates objects and enemies.
3. Ottelits Kcik: [Stiletto Kick] Kicks an enemy high up in the air. Use directional buttons to run just before the kick.
4. Rotanimile Z: [Eliminator Z] Zatanna teleports to multiple nearby enemies and kicks them. Enemies stunned receive double damage.
5. Erif Ssik: [Fire Kiss] Blows a kiss at her enemies... magically throwing a blast of fire that explodes and burns enemies.
6. Arataz Laiceps: [Zatara Special] Throws projectiles of magic that lowers enemies' defense, movement, and damage output.
7. Seidal Thgin: [Ladies' Night] Releases a magical blast that warps nearby enemies into clones of herself, while creating another clone of herself. They all fight alongside her for a time.
8. (Boost) S'naicigam Tah: [Magician's Hat] Zatanna creates a spell that gives her and her allies faster healing, might, and more striking for a time.
9. (Boost) Rednuht Dleif: [Thunder Field] Generates a force field of elemental lightning that will magicially hurt enemies who try to harm her.
10. (Xtreme) Ssertsim Fo Cigam: [Mistress Of Magic] Zatanna first immobilizes all enemies in place. Then unleashes a mystical blast that steals vitality from enemies, into herself and allies.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coing, HUDs, icons, sounds, loading screens, shield effect recolor, hex-editing etc.
MJ Fan - Skins (Classic, Sexy, Modern 2, Alternate)
Aventureiromax - Skins (Modern 1, Original, Injustice, Young Justice 1 & 2)
Andersonbrazil - Alternate, Gothic, and Anime skins, Anime HUD
UltraMegaMagnus - DC Unchained (Modern) skin & HUD, mannequin
Owl City - Pixie effects

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?zbipt12hj52hce6