Drops in new game using saved stats

Started by Faure, March 04, 2009, 02:32PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 04, 2009, 02:32PM Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 02:34PM by Faure
Hi there,

just finished MUA on PSP, so I'm restarting with the statistics from my save-game (normal mode). So I ended up with heaving all this huge levelled chars on the first few maps. But every time I beat a boss, no 'gear' drops. So there's actually no way to get all the gear in one game? (and therefore am kinda bound to luck whether you'll get the gear you want for your fav char). Of course you need to get rid of some stuff because you can't store all the items, but still.
I'm almost sure I didn't get some of the uniques last time (or I deleted them and completely forgot I did).
To make sure; I'm talking about the gears like Spiderman's Uniform, Thing's Cap or whatever hero-unique there are.

Thanks in advance :)

Faure

Those things are randomly generated and come from only some bosses (Crimson Dynamo, Ultron, Baron Mordo, for example) and most chests. That means there's a chance you'll get the same item again, and some that are even better, and also that there's a huuuuge ammount of different character specific items you could get. But they're all pretty generic (+X defense or +X damage, and +Y to one skill that you might not even use).
The items that won't respawn are the ones dropped by most bosses (Scorpion's Tail, Attuma's Wrath, etc.), in other words, all green items except for Asgard Armor.

Quote from: Gevth on March 04, 2009, 04:02PM
Those things are randomly generated and come from only some bosses (Crimson Dynamo, Ultron, Baron Mordo, for example) and most chests. That means there's a chance you'll get the same item again, and some that are even better, and also that there's a huuuuge ammount of different character specific items you could get. But they're all pretty generic (+X defense or +X damage, and +Y to one skill that you might not even use).
The items that won't respawn are the ones dropped by most bosses (Scorpion's Tail, Attuma's Wrath, etc.), in other words, all green items except for Asgard Armor.

Ah, i always thought it was either a 'scorpions tail' or a 'spidermans web', but there are apparently boss-uniques and hero-uniques. That explains why I acutally did get a new hero-unique a few mins ago.

Thanks for clearing up.

I actually prefer to use the "boss-uniques".

Some of them have great use for a specific character, like Starbolt's Flame for the Human Torch, Dark Uru Hammer and Asgardian Armor for Thor or Storm or White Ring for Ms Marvel or Silver Surfer.

Others are just plain great for almost any character. Deathbird's Feather is awesome for any character without healing factor.

The best one for me is Attuma's Wrath, suits anyone.

Plus, keeping and using the boss-uniques is also kinda like collecting trophies of your victories.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

Quote from: Nowhere Man on March 05, 2009, 04:49AM
Some of them have great use for a specific character, like Starbolt's Flame for the Human Torch, Dark Uru Hammer and Asgardian Armor for Thor or Storm or White Ring for Ms Marvel or Silver Surfer.
These are glitched and will affect all powers, not just fire, electric and energy ones, respectively. Which makes them strictly better than Attuma's Wrath.

Quote from: Gevth on March 05, 2009, 05:47AM
These are glitched and will affect all powers, not just fire, electric and energy ones, respectively. Which makes them strictly better than Attuma's Wrath.

Quote from: Teancum on February 26, 2009, 11:43AM
Nope, no patches -- but then again if you're not playing any mods the game has zero bugs.