Spiderman Web Of Shadows

Started by SageLuis, January 15, 2010, 04:57PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey i'm having some troubles with this game i'm using vista on my laptop so i have direct x10 but the game runs slow in some scenes while i play i don't think it's a problem of hardware since i have
2.5 Ghz
4 GB Ram
512 Geforce 9600M gt
and i was reading that some people have the same error and it was because of the directx
does anyone know if there's a patch or something that fix it?

There is a v1.1 patch for the game.

2.5ghz -- is that single core or dual core?  If it's single core you're going to have issues.

I'm two missions away from finishing this game.

I understand that there are a bunch of folks nonplussed with the story (ie interaction between Spidey and MJ, Spidey "killing" civilians) but I think the gameplay is excellent.  I tried to get into both Spider-Man 3 and Ultimate Spider-Man but both of those games turned me off with the "fluff" missions like skydiving and racing through check points.  Swinging through the city and dropping down to beat the smack out of thugs has never been more fun and the fight sequences high in the air are wonderful.

I was a very conscientious "spider" collector and have collected 1000+ in-game but once you reach 1000 spiders collected you will require 1000 more to reach the next level, effectively ending that aspect of the game.  There doesn't appear to be any real need to level up from Level 10 to Level 11, but if you want to it will take awhile.

I wish the folks at Marvel and Activision were more creative and made games for Daredevil and Luke Cage using the same general game engine that Web of Shadows uses.  The city is wonderful and well detailed and should be used for more than just this game, especially when there are other characters that patrol the same general area.  Daredevil could focus on Hell's Kitchen and Power Man could be up in Harlem.  A lot could've been done with what's available.