Character Classes' Energy Consumption (concept)

Started by Maegawa, January 11, 2018, 07:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey everyone!

After a long time working with the default characters' talent files, I discovered that there is a difference in the energy consumption between the 3 character classes (bruiser, bruiser_light and support), and decided to put together a little table showing said difference (forgive me for such an ugly table lol):

Bruiser
Light Bruiser
Support

Bruiser = :panther:'s Panther Claw
Light Bruiser = :ghostr:'s Ravaging Flame
Support = :silvers:'s Cosmic Beam

As you can see, Bruisers, who have the less energy between the 3 classes, tend to use the most energy since they cause more damage with melee combat moves and should rely on them more often rather than on skills. In short, Strike>Focus for Bruisers.

Supports, having the most energy between the 3 classes, have a less energy consumption when compared to Bruisers, as they are more effective when using skills rather than melee combat moves. In short, Supports are reverse-Bruisers, and thus Focus>Strike.

Light Bruisers are an interesting case, as they are a hybrid between Bruisers and Supports, that for some reason use less energy than Supports even though they have less energy than them. Light Bruisers are probably the most balanced class out of the 3...

However, bear in mind that what I said above is but a concept, as I merely compared each class' first power's energy consumption, and I'll probably not go further.

There is a small chance that the energy consumption is not related to the character's class, and rather randomly picked by the devs (I don't believe that's the case...), so feel free to dig deeper, as I just wanted to share my discovery!
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

Sbarth13 looked at these a while back, and discovered a hidden 4th class: "support_heavy." None of the vanilla characters use it, but some of my mods use it. It's just like "support" but advanced because your strength and body aren't as low. See this post here:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9200.msg171532.html#msg171532.

He's done some other MUA research here: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7406.msg168086.html#msg168086.

Still, there is always something more to learn or discover.