quick modding question

Started by pukindogs143, August 02, 2011, 04:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey all. I've played both Spider-Man 3, Shattered Dimensions and WOS but there is something I've always wanted to try. Is it possible to take the elements of one game and infuse them into another? I would love to play SM3 with player models, skins/mods, combat moves and even web swinging abilities from WOS transplanted into this game. Can this kind of thing be done? Similiarly I would love to play Web of Shadows with the player model and skins from Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions. I dont want it to be a permanent change, just something I could add into the game as an elective thing with either texmod or Hero Select or some other such program.

Really? Damn. I was kind of hoping it might be possible on some level since WOS and SM3 have some recycled environments in the game. There aren't many, but if you actively cruise around the city you'll spot some locations that look awefully familiar.

Some unused SM3 textures remain in the WoS game files, because it's the same engine with few updates. Anyhow, we can't do anything except retexturing, there are no other tools avaiable.