Converted XML1 Skins Galore (a.k.a. "You asked for it!")

Started by Noelemahc, January 07, 2007, 02:08AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeez, ya almost gave me a heart attack!
Thanks anyway. :D

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: Noelemahc on February 13, 2007, 10:27AMXML1's last bastion is a few more robots and a couple of demons and then it's over and I'm moving on to XML2 and the mipmap nightmare of doom. I kinda got used to not having to bother with the mips :D

Did we ever get Street Gear/Civilian Magma? Don't forget her :P

By the by, see the # of dls the above file has and see that my evil trick worked ;D At least on a few poor souls.

Oh, poot. I forgot all about her *headdesks*

Okay, so it's civvie Magma (I'll re-rip her skins as well, while we're at it :P The 256x skin should look godlike in MUA's advanced lighting) and the demons and robots left to knock off and then I'm on to XML2 and the various cannon fodder :D

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Alright, here we are.

Had a jump of enthusiasm, so Magma previews use Magma's skeleton. Yeah. The polygon corruption on Space Magma occurs only in the menu, don't fret :D Fire Magma still won't appear in the preview -- probably the way she's coded, to only be used as an overlay when Alison calls her Flame Form buff :D
{N.B. Note the differences in breast size -- as if different modelers sculpted each one of Magma's skins XD}

Archive: http://h1.ripway.com/ivank/XML1/XML1PS2s5.rar

Notes: This also includes the Sentinel Spider and the three Bots (Suicide, Stealth and Shocker). The Spider, like the Master Mold, was a giant boss and cannot be used for a playable, but it CAN be used as a megaboss again, with its own skeleton of course. The Bots aren't bipeds so previews are useless. They use a construction similar to the AIM Reavers from MUA or the Culling Probes of XML2. Speaking of similarity, the Danger Room Robots posted earlier bear an uncanny resemblance to Ultron Strikers of MUA. Don't you agree?

The next step of the plan is to rip EVERY skeleton there is in XML1 and upload that so that unique skeletons can be reused for their respective skins and non-unique skeletons may be used to add diversity into various places. So there. Including playables, yes. ALL of them. Along the way I will also rip their powerstyles to minimize the effort one will have to put into bringing them over to XML2 or MUA. Yeah, so there.

After that, XML1 is through completely. :D

Crimson Dynamo says:

Are these the last ones? What about the Advanced Sentinels (freaky human/sentinel mixes)?

The X-Box ones showed up all goofy in-game. Hadn't tested the PS2 ones yet. Will anyway, since I'm currently doing the mop-up ripping (effects, powerstyles and HUD-heads (which, in XML1 exist for EVERY human-sized character, and for some super-sized ones too) and will eventually get to them as well :D

Crimson Dynamo says:

Done.

Archive: http://h1.ripway.com/ivank/XML1/XML1PS2S.rar
Also includes all three of the not-yet-uploaded XML1 Large Sentinels.

Crimson Dynamo says: