Assigned Number: 124 (clashes at loadscreen and mannequin with Red Skull, Ultimo, and Venom (Earth X) mods.
Trigger Count: 190 (Default) / 125 (Recreated)
Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/44knptyr8i833fo/Samus+Mod.zip/file
Samus has rejoined the alliance!
Hello all! A little over a year ago, tubularspacedude made the off-hand suggestion that since Samus was planned to be in the Wii Version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance and we have footage of her full moveset (seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opkOtApoqqI&ab_channel=MetroidDatabase
), a mod that adheres close to that would be a fun thing to have.
Well, I took that idea and decided to expand on it a bit. It is clear from the footage available that the developers were heavily inspired by Metroid Prime, particularly the first game in that series, so I decided to expand on that a bit, as well as give her some iconic moves that I felt were missing in the original version. This is the Default Version of the mod.
Fear not though! For those who would prefer something as close to the original footage as possible, I have included an alternate version- which I call the Recreated Version- that is strictly what you see in the footage.
In accordance with that, there was some debate in the community as to whether or not Samus was intended to have two Xtremes- Missile Blast and Phazon Beam, or whether or not she should have one or the other.
I have decided to just give everyone options and so each version of the mod includes a version with one combined Xtreme (Missile Blast, and then if your health is high enough, Phazon Beam), and then a version with two separate Xtremes. Choose whichever one you feel best captures Samus as she was intended or as she could have been!
You may also wonder why Samus isn't super talkative in this mod. Well, similar to what tubularspacedude did for Link, where he repurposed his grunts and other sound effects into a voice pack, I decided to do the same for Samus, as she is not very talkative in the Metroid Prime games that this mod- and the original footage- was inspired by.
Nevertheless, tubularspacedude has a voice pack for her that uses the voice of Jennifer Hale, who in-fact voiced her in the Prime games! Check out his stuff! https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10770.0.html
Without further ado, an overview of her powers:Her Powers
1). Power Beam
- press and hold down the button to fire the Power Beam, which knocks back foes. In the Default Version, press and hold BLOCK while firing to launch a Super Missile
, which instantly kills frozen foes and knocks back in a large radius.
2). Morph Ball
- transform into the Morph Ball. Press ATTACK to drop bombs. Press BLOCK to exit.
3). Wave Beam
- fire off the Wave Beam, which stuns foes if fully charged. In the Default Version, press and hold BLOCK while charging to fire the Wavebuster
, a continuous beam of energy that electrifies foes.
If using the Default Version and you're in the Light Suit, the Wavebuster
will become the Sonic Boom
, which knocks back foes and stuns them.
4). Homing Missiles (Default Version Only)
- fire off missiles that home-in on targets and instantly kill frozen foes.
5). Ice Beam
- press to slow foes in a radius. Charge to freeze them solid. In the Default Version, press and hold BLOCK to fire the Ice Spreader
. which homes in, freezes, and slows foes, creating an icy patch of ground that slows and damages foes.
If using the Default Version and you're in the Light Suit, the Ice Beam
and Ice Spreader
becomes the Dark Beam
. Press to weaken foes in a radius, and charge to immobilize them in a dark energy field. Press and hold BLOCK to trap them in a gravity well that sucks in foes.
6). Screw Attack (Default Version Only)
- somersault in the air while damaging foes with electric waves.
7). Plasma Beam
- fire that Plasma Beam, which burns foes. Charge for more damage. If using the Default Version, press and hold BLOCK to activate the Flamethrower, which continuously burns foes for a short distance.
If using the Default Version and you're in the Light Suit, the Plasma Beam
becomes the Light Beam
and the Flamethrower
becomes the Sunbeam
. Press to fire multiple orbs of light that burn foes, the number of which increases as you charge. Fire off the Sunburst when fully charged, which detonates and burns foes. The Sunbeam
has greater range than the Flamethrower
and pierces foes.
8). Speed Boost
- dashes forward and activates a boost that increases Samus' movement and attack speed for a time.
9). Chozo Blood Rights
- infusion with Chozo DNA has increased Samus' durability and increased her base Stats. Also gives temporary skill points to your powers.
10). Bounty Hunter (Single X-Treme Version Only)
- Samus fires off a Super Missile into the air and rains death upon enemies below. If your health is 75% or above, Samus will leap into the air and fire the Phazon Beam, which does double damage and has a 25% instant-kill chance. The Phazon Beam damages Samus for 25% of her health (unless she is in the Dark Samus skin).
In the Two X-Treme Version, the Missile Blast and the Phazon Beam are separate, which means that you can activate the Phazon Beam any time you have an X-Treme, but it also means if you're not watching your health and you're not careful, it can kill you, so watch out! Skins
1). Varia Suit
2). Light Suit
3). Fusion Suit
4). Dark Samus Notes
1). No need to have the original Samus mod in order to play. Be sure to overwrite all existing Samus files with these ones in order for the mod to work properly. Credits
-All skins by Aventureiromax.
-Shoot skinsegment by Aventureiromx.
-Original code for Power 2 and Power 3 by Aventureiromax.
-Sounds for Power 2 and Power 5 by Aventureiromax.
-Original mod and code by Aventureiromax.
-Loading screen by me (epicandragon94 / rdh94).
-Super Missile bolton by me (epicandragon94 / rdh94).
-All huds by me (rdh94).
-Power coding, bolton-importing, animation importing, effects, animation combining, talent coding, sound editing, animation editing, etc. by me (epicandragon94 / rdh94).Special Thanks
-Aventureiromax for the original mod and for giving me his blessing to do this mod.
-Aventureiromax for providing his files for the mod.
-Maegawa for early help with the mod.
-tubularspacedude for the initial idea for the mod of a more accurate Samus.
-Whoever leaked or shared that original video of Samus in MUA.
-The folks over at Metroid Wiki.
-The developers of Metroid Prime.
-anyone else I forgot- will add if I think of more!