Mortal Kombat - Release Katalog

Started by Outsider, June 30, 2017, 07:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 15, 2018, 09:39PM #240 Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 11:16PM by Outsider
Sorry everyone, but I'm going to have to put Kenshi's creation on hold temporarily. A really bad glitch was found, and my Ghost Rider booster may or may not be the cause of it. It requires my full attention. See The Crypt for details.

EDIT: The cause of the problem has been solved, and is not my doing. Work on Kenshi will resume.

Please do whatever you have to, Outsider. I may be very excited for Kenshi, but I appreciate how you put precedence towards making sure your mods work the way you've intended. Very diligent of you!

A new kombatant has been unlocked. Kenshi has been released, and his portrait is now at the Warrior Select screen on the first post. Here is his bio:

KENSHI:
Being blind has not slowed down the swordsman known as Kenshi, as he aids the warriors of light to defend an alternate Earthrealm from Shao Kahn and his forces. Seeking to end Shang Tsung for good, Kenshi caught the attention of a crimson-colored super hero who is also blind. Learning from this defender's experience should aid him in his quest.

Yes!!! I am so excited for this!!! Thank you so much, Outsider!!!

Thank you so much!! Adding him to the roster now :D

A new kombatant has been unlocked... sort of. Frost has been released as an alternate kombatant for Kitana (so the latter has been updated), and her portrait is now at the Warrior Select screen on the first post. Here is her bio:

FROST:
Having thawed out from being severely frozen, Frost survived gaining more experience with the element of cold. Reluctantly joining the warriors of light alongside her sifu, Sub-Zero, Frost has no interest in the alternate Earthrealm war against Shao Kahn. Rather, she seeks to become more powerful than Sub-Zero's medallion. She eventually met a green-skinned man with a gamma-charged brain, who agrees to aid her. However, a vigilante associated with Earth's moon plans to stop them.

Reptile has been updated as well, as there were coding errors with his Force Ball projectiles when you hit a boss.

Quote from: TheMK on September 19, 2018, 12:24PM
Yes!!! I am so excited for this!!! Thank you so much, Outsider!!!
Quote from: AfroSkylark on September 20, 2018, 12:11AM
Thank you so much!! Adding him to the roster now :D

Thanks for that, fellas. Kenshi wasn't the easiest to create, but I like a challenge sometimes. And he really is one of the only standout characters during Mortal Kombat's 3-D era.

Nice to see Frost there too!

I know the 3D era games in the Kombat series have characters most find generally lacking. I have a soft spot for most of them, but it seems like some of the only ones almost everyone universally loves are the new characters from Mortal Kombat X (who I'd love to see as mods if they ever make it, but I'm not sure how likely this is). I think it speaks volumes that Quan Chi and Kenshi were the only post-MK3 characters to make it into MK9.

Great!
Canino passed away in April 2022. He will be dearly missed by the community

The following MK warriors have been updated as of today (9/21/18):

Kitana: Added some icons for Frost and changed her accessibility.
Jade: Fix an error on Skarlet and changed her accessibility.
Noob Saibot: Added a Classic Sub-Zero loading screen, changed CSZ's taunt line, changed herostat, and changed his accessibility.
Fujin: Changed his taunt line and fixed his jump smash animation.
Kenshi: Added a minor effect to the victim of his Mind Lift.

Download these now before you forget to, as these are important updates in more ways than you know -- just overwrite the previous stuff.

And here is Classic Sub-Zero's Bio:

SUB-ZERO (CLASSIC):
Having somehow been freed of the Noob Saibot curse, Sub-Zero was himself once more. As Shao Kahn and his forces invade an alternate Earthrealm, he appears unnoticed with two objectives: To reunite with his younger brother, and to rid the world of the Brotherhood of Shadow for good. Sub-Zero aligned himself with a black sorcerer who masters voodoo. His plan involves giving Quan Chi a taste of his own medicine.

Thank you for the updates, Outsider! Excited to see whoever's next :)

Here after the Kitana update the FAN LIFT power stopped being loaded :/

Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

Quote from: Aventureiromax on September 21, 2018, 02:00PM
Here after the Kitana update the FAN LIFT power stopped being loaded :/

Thanks for the report -- I've fixed it. I also forgot the new voice file for Noob Saibot. My bad, I've got a lot of things going on at once.

Ok, so NOW you all can update the following:

Kitana: Added some icons for Frost and changed her accessibility. Fixed the error Aventureiromax just pointed out.
Jade: Fix an error on Skarlet and changed her accessibility.
Noob Saibot: Added a Classic Sub-Zero loading screen, changed herostat, and changed his accessibility. Added the voice file I forgot to put in.
Fujin: Changed his taunt line and fixed his jump smash animation.
Kenshi: Added a minor effect to the victim of his Mind Lift.

Download these now before you forget to, as these are important updates in more ways than you know -- just overwrite the previous stuff.

Hope you all got the chance to download the recent update to the kombatants in the previous post.

So, I have a bit of bad news: I was working on a secret project (which is why I didn't reveal who was next) to have Khameleon playable without taking a spot on the roster. My plan to mimic the same method used for flying ("moveset_flying" --> "moveset_khameleon") where some animations would change when any of the female ninjas turn into Khameleon, who would have some skills from all of the female ninjas. The tests were tried on Kitana, and I figured if Khameleon was successful, then the same can be done for Chameleon who has more skills and powers to work with.

While I did successfully get all of the female ninjas to morph into Khameleon, she unfortunately did not gain all of the ninjas' powers. She only retained the powers of the one that she morphed from -- which obviously defeats the purpose. After 12 tests and 3-4 methods tried, the project was deemed unsuccessful. Sorry everyone, it looks like Chameleon and Khameleon won't be making it to the roster.

Also, what do you guys think of the little features I've added to certain mods? You've had to notice them. Sonya can perform a Babality, Nightwolf can perform an Animality, Smoke can perform a Brutality, and Sheeva can perform a Friendship. Considering how easy the game is, I doubt anyone will get a Hara-Kiri or Quitality, and I tried to get Nightwolf to perform a Mercy, but that was no good. Maybe one of the future mods will get the X-Ray move and another will get the Faction Kill. Am I missing anything? Sound off, as I like when MK fans are active on this thread.

It's sad to hear Khameleon won't make it, but the effort is appreciated. I think she's a skin around here somewhere; anyone who really wants to play as her (myself included) could just skin her over their female MK ninja of choice, I suppose.

I don't think Chameleon was ever given much narrative relevance in Mortal Kombat (he's probably still one of the most mysterious characters in the entire series) but it's easy to see his appeal in terms of gameplay.

I'm excited to see whoever you have in mind for next though :)

As for the other suggestions, I think x-ray moves would be awesome, but I think I might not yet understand how they can translate to MUA. I'm sure if anyone could figure out a good way to do it though it would definitely be you.

On the other hand, I think the idea for implementing faction kills is extremely cool and would be more doable. There's only so many factions that were allowed this feature thus far in MKX so you could probably just model off the ones that are already there (Lin Kuei for Sub-Zero, Black Dragon for Kano, etc.), and then I guess if you really wanted to split hairs you could add additional ones based on the other characters who belong to factions that weren't given representation in MKX (not in that form, anyhow).

OK everyone, let's take a moment to recognize the fact that we have 27 MK playable kombatants. Originally, the game's roster only allowed for 27 spots, so if we stopped there, we'd actually have a full MK roster. But of course, since we can have as many as 33 spots (albeit with some memory problems), we can't stop there.

Six spots remain. So who's next? That would be the former NYC police officer and former Black Dragon member, the nomadic renegade Kabal. Stay tuned for the speedster.