Mortal Kombat - Release Katalog

Started by Outsider, June 30, 2017, 07:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I know it might now be much but thank you so much for getting all this done at the same time unbelievable dedication unreal if there was Grammys for this you would win them all and well deserved!

Quote from: edward on April 21, 2021, 04:52PM
I know it might now be much but thank you so much for getting all this done at the same time unbelievable dedication unreal if there was Grammys for this you would win them all and well deserved!

Quote from: TheMK on April 17, 2021, 02:19PM
Thank you for your dedication, Outsider. This is truly magnificent work. I recall you mentioning working on the voice updates earlier had been rather cumbersome; I hope it brings you some relief to be finished with it now.

Thank you both for those thoughtful comments. It was indeed a lot of work, so hopefully the end result is satisfying for everyone.

Everyone, the following kombatants have been updated.

Johnny Cage: Now has alternate voice file of Linden Ashby from MK movie.
Liu Kang: Fixed problem with sweep animation.
Kitana: Fixed problem with her "Edenian Slicer" power.
Noob Saibot: Now appears in shadow form at HUBs.
Sonya: Now has alternate voice file of Bridgette Wilson from MK movie. (NOTE: This voice is also planned for a future very special mod, so it's not ideal/preferred to use for Sonya.)

Anyone saw the recent Mortal Kombat movie? In my opinion, it was just alright. The fight scenes were great, but some other things just didn't make sense (besides Johnny Cage not being there). And the new addition of Cole Young didn't impress me at all. In fact, he gave me a Taven vibe. Could have just as easily been him.

Thanks very much for all your great work, Outsider.

I've seen the new movie a few times now, and I really enjoyed it. I do think that it could have been better and they definitely made some mistakes, chief of all being the omission of Johnny Cage, but for what it was, it was very enjoyable and good. The original movie will always be a classic I'll never get tired of, but it was very nice to see the blood and fatalities in a live action movie for the first time (if you don't count MK Legacy, which is technically a web series, but comparable).

I think it's also telling that, at least in my opinion, Annihilation remains the only truly bad Mortal Kombat movie; we now have three great films, all tackling the same origin story in their own different ways, all great for their own different reasons.

I'm actually surprised to say I think the objectively very best Mortal Kombat film to date remains the animated direct-to-video Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge from last year. It's definitely the bloodiest and most action-packed, but also I think captures the look and feel of the games better than the other movies; perhaps, at least aesthetically, Mortal Kombat might lend itself better to things like animation and comic books in some ways.

In any case, I'm excited for the potential of future Mortal Kombat movies with the release of this new reboot. Hopefully whatever happens next turns out to be good.

I'm always a little embarrassed to post again when I was the last one to post previously, but I just found something out that I thought would be exciting news for all the other Mortal Kombat fans here.

The wonderful animated Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge movie from last year is already getting a sequel! It's called Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms, and it's coming August 31st of this year! That's barely over two months away!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/mortal-kombat-legends-battle-of-the-realms-cast-1234968317/

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/mortal-kombat-legends-battle-of-the-realms-release-date-box-art/

It looks like this movie will revisit and reinterpret MK2 the way the previous movie did for MK1, but this time it sounds like they might even include some elements from MK3, MK4, and beyond; the previous movie also featured many characters and some plot elements that weren't in MK1, so I guess this is par for the course, but I have faith they'll do something good with it since the first was so good.

If you haven't seen it already, I highly recommend checking out Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge. I'll always enjoy the other Mortal Kombat movies for their wonderful qualities, flaws and all (while begrudgingly accepting Annihilation as an unintentional comedy), but Scorpion's Revenge is truly a flawless victory -- the writing, acting, animation, fights, violence, and imagery are all just phenomenal. I truly believe that so far, it is the best out of all the Mortal Kombat movies; if the sequel is anything like it, it might just outdo it.

Quote from: TheMK on July 01, 2021, 02:31AM
I'm always a little embarrassed to post again when I was the last one to post previously, but I just found something out that I thought would be exciting news for all the other Mortal Kombat fans here.

The wonderful animated Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge movie from last year is already getting a sequel! It's called Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms, and it's coming August 31st of this year! That's barely over two months away!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/mortal-kombat-legends-battle-of-the-realms-cast-1234968317/

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/mortal-kombat-legends-battle-of-the-realms-release-date-box-art/

It looks like this movie will revisit and reinterpret MK2 the way the previous movie did for MK1, but this time it sounds like they might even include some elements from MK3, MK4, and beyond; the previous movie also featured many characters and some plot elements that weren't in MK1, so I guess this is par for the course, but I have faith they'll do something good with it since the first was so good.

If you haven't seen it already, I highly recommend checking out Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge. I'll always enjoy the other Mortal Kombat movies for their wonderful qualities, flaws and all (while begrudgingly accepting Annihilation as an unintentional comedy), but Scorpion's Revenge is truly a flawless victory -- the writing, acting, animation, fights, violence, and imagery are all just phenomenal. I truly believe that so far, it is the best out of all the Mortal Kombat movies; if the sequel is anything like it, it might just outdo it.

No need to feel embarrassed. While discussions are usually taking place on our Discord server, it doesn't mean you can't post news here. Hopefully this new series will be good.

Ladies and gentlemen, with the assistance of UltraMegaMagnus and Enchlore, I am proud to hereby announce that our Mortal Kombat kollection is expanding!!! Yes, four more warriors from the MK universe will be made into mods for MUA! I won't say who those four are... you'll just have to wait and see. Before I begin working on them though, I have to update a few of my projects. Stay tuned.

This is very awesome news! I'm sure whoever the four are, they'll make great mods!

A new warrior has been unlocked... Chameleon has been revamped and updated as his own mod! No more of the complex system -- now he's easily playable and fun as hell. And yes, the Saurian vixen Khameleon is there as a alternate costume with her own moves. Click on Chameleon's portrait (which officially was the question mark in Mortal Kombat Trilogy) to go to his post. I am very proud to say that everyone from Mortal Kombat Trilogy is now playable in MUA with the exception of Motaro... and let's be honest, he's not possible because he's a centaur. A two-legged Motaro from MK Armageddon is no good, either. Here are their bios written from back in the day:

CHAMELEON:
Very little is known about the ninja called Chameleon, so it is unknown which side of the war for an alternate Earthrealm that he is on, if any side. With the combined might of his fellow ninja, Chameleon knows that he is powerful and destined for greatness. Journeying into this new world, a rumor he heard about peaked his interest -- the Infinity Gems. That said, an urban powerhouse with skin as hard as steel is watching him, as is his sassy resilient wife...

KHAMELEON:
Vengeful towards Shao Kahn for dooming her Saurian race to extinction, Khameleon battles on the side of good towards defending an alternate Earthrealm, but unbeknowst to her allies. Seeking guidance from a powerful mutant professor, she is focused on making Kahn pay for his sins -- even if she must go through her friend Reptile.

Stay tuned for the other three warriors to come! (NOTE: The "MK on MUA Content" package mod will be updated once all of the warriors are completed.)

Very epic!!! Can't wait for the other three!

A new warrior has been unlocked... Tanya has arrived! Now you can play as the Edenian traitress that (for some reason) is very popular. Check her out by clicking on her portrait at the Warrior Select screen on the first post. Here is her bio:

TANYA:
The Edenian fighter named Tanya stepped through the portal to an alternate Earthrealm on the side of Shao Kahn. But Tanya has gained a reputation not to be trusted, as a mistress of betrayal. Something she shares in common with a Wakandan assassin she met who is a sadist and former soldier. The two agreed to aid each other in their plans, with the knowledge that neither will hesitate to betray and kill the other at a moment's notice.

Stay tuned for the other two warriors to come! (NOTE: The "MK on MUA Content" package mod will be updated once all of the warriors are completed.)

Very cool!

Tanya may not always be my favorite character, but she can be pretty neat sometimes.

Looking forward to the remaining two kombatants!

I'm hoping for Erron Black fingers 🤞. Tanya is amazing high quality work as always.

A new warrior has been unlocked... Skarlet has arrived! Play as the bloodiest mod ever made, now separated from Jade. Check her out by clicking on her portrait at the Warrior Select screen on the first post. Here is her bio:

SKARLET:
A poor street orphan now mastering blood magic, Skarlet serves Shao Kahn as his personal assassin. To aid him further in his conquest of an alternate Earthrealm, Skarlet wishes to travel to a place called Asgard and conduct a deal with their goddess of death. She figures if she can absorb the blood of hundreds of dead Asgardian warriors, she would become unstoppable. Odin's daughter, however, will oppose her wicked plans.

SPECIAL NOTE:
Now that Skarlet is separated from Jade, I have updated Jade to no longer have Skarlet as an alternate. Re-download Jade, overwrite her previous files, and then delete "textures/loading/9403.igb" from your game.

Stay tuned, as there is one more warrior to come! (NOTE: The "MK on MUA Content" package mod will be updated once all of the warriors are completed.)

Awesome work, Outsider! I love the idea of so much blood in an MUA mod!

Excited for the last kombatant!