Mortal Kombat - Release Katalog

Started by Outsider, June 30, 2017, 07:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
My picks would be Kung Lao, Reptile, Jade, Smoke, Noob Saibot, Goro/Kintaro/Sheeva, Baraka, Cyrax/Sektor/Triborg, Kenshi, Bo'Rai Cho, D'Vorah, and Erron Black. I feel like the first 8 are have a pretty good chance of making it in but I have no idea about the last 4. Personally, I don't think we should count guest characters like Alien or Freddy although I do think guest characters should have mods.

I was going to enjoy seeing these characters, and I belive have models for it them on the net:
Sheeva

Reptile

V'Vorah

Kenshi

Baraka

Smook

Your mod Quan Chi is really very cool! Congratulations Outsider, your mods are occupying pretty much my entire list of characters on Herostat!

Everyone, if you happen to have my mod of Shang Tsung, then it is critically important that you re-download him. I have upgraded him to now have 33 different morphs! That's more that any other shape-shifter mod I've done. One of the coolest mods I've ever done just got cooler. Go download him now. Don't say I didn't tell you...

In fact, in the future, I will look to see if I can add even more morphs to him without complicating his morph system. The more MK skins that skinners/model converters make, the more I can add to him. I'd say five more is enough.

Interesting picks as to who you all want to see fill up the remaining 12 spots. I wasn't really counting guest characters, but to each their own. More interestingly, there is a possibility that someone found a way to increase MUA's roster limit. I've yet to test this out, but if this turns out to be legitimate, then obviously MK can have more spots on their roster. I don't want to get my hopes up for now.

Quote from: andersonbrazil on September 14, 2017, 11:03AM
Your mod Quan Chi is really very cool! Congratulations Outsider, your mods are occupying pretty much my entire list of characters on Herostat!

I appreciate that. I enjoy making Mortal Kombat mods. There's just something fun about making them.

In case you didn't know, Mortal Kombat is celebrating its 25th anniversary! I can't believe it's been out for that long. I feel old right now...

I'm working on Marvel characters right now, but in recognition of this milestone, I will let you all choose the next kombatant I will create when I come back to MK. It's a poll that you can vote on for the next 10 days. The winning vote will be my next MK mod when I return to MK. If there's a tie, I will extend the time until there is a winner. So go ahead, choose your destiny.

In the meantime, Julio Cabral was working on an important kombatant. (I am not at liberty to reveal his/her identity.) Julio's been busy lately, and I am unsure whether he's near completion or not, but be patient, as I am certain it'll be worth the wait.

Also, if you have any comments or critiques on the MK characters released so far, feel free to post them here.

Hello, Outsider! I'm looking forward to seeing this MK in my game. I think I'm the first to vote. This is my preference, I would love to have Baraka in my game. I hope he's the winner.

For the current voting occasion, I've made movesets for all three characters that modders can use.

Reptile:
1. Power Slide: Reptile slides across the ground, hitting & sending any struck foes into the air.
2. Acid Spit: Reptile spits out acid from his mouth, dealing burn damage over time to struck foes.
3. Rolling Spikes: Reptile curls up into a ball and rolls around the level, knocking foes over.
4. Klaw Pounce: Reptile lunges forward and forces an enemy to the ground, slashing at them with his claws as bleed damage is dealt.
5. Slow Force Ball: Reptile fires a projected green ball of force energy that moves across slowly, but any foe stupid enough to get close to it will be knocked towards Reptile for an easy knockout.
6. (Boost) Invisibility: Reptile becomes completely invisible to enemies for a time.
7. (Boost) Basilisk: Reptile is able to move and attack much faster, while enemies are seemingly slowed down for a time.
8. (Fatality) Tasty Meal: Reptile takes off his mask, proceeding to open up his mouth and use his long tongue to grab enemy heads one at a time, entirely devouring them and insta-killing minor threats. Does not work on bosses!

Baraka:
1. Blade Charge: Baraka lunges forward and stabs an enemy with his blades.
2. Flying Shard: Baraka fires a spark projectle at foes via scraping his blades together.
3. Chop Chop: Baraka slices his opponent up vertically, attacking with his blades very quickly as bleed damage is dealt.
4. Blade Spin: Baraka proceeds to do a spin attack, dealing bleed damage to any struck foe. Hold down button to keep attack going!
5. Blade Lift: Baraka stabs an enemy in the chest and lifts them high up, before throwing their expired corpse away.
6. (Boost) Tarkatan Instinct: Baraka is able to deal critical hit damage with his attacks for a time.
7. (Boost) Tarkatan Senses: Baraka sniffs the environment out, using his highly acute sense of smell to reveal foes on the map.
8. (Fatality) Mutant Dissection: Baraka uses his blades to slice several enemies to pieces, with any enemy left standing, dealt bleed damage over time.

Jade:
1. Staff Grab: Jade grabs an enemy with her staff and slams them behind her.
2. Razor-rang: Jade throws a deadly boomerang at enemies.
3. Staff Overhead: Jade leaps into the air and brutally hits an enemy with her staff.
4. Eclipse Kick: Jade becomes illuminated with green energy and performs a 360 kick that knocks an enemy into the air.
5. Staff Buster: Jade runs behind an unlucky foe and uses her staff to whack an enemy in the groin, before proceeding to whack them in the back and force said threat to the ground.
6. (Boost) Dodging Shadows: Jade generates a forcefield, which renders her immune to projectile attacks for a time.
7. (Boost) Vanishing Winds: Jade teleports to a different position.
8. (Fatality) Staff Shake: Jade stabs two enemies with her staff in the chest, shaking them to the point that their bodies explode and deal additional splash damage to nearby foes.

And as an extra bonus to mark MK's 25th anniversary, I threw in Goro as well.

Goro:
1. Chest Pound: Goro picks up an enemy with his lower arms and proceeds to punch them with his upper arms for a bit, before throwing them to the ground.
2. Flame Ball: Goro spits fireballs out of his mouth.
3. Leaping Stomp: Goro disappears off-screen, before unexpectedly landing on enemies, crushing them.
4. Spinning Fists: Goro holds his arms out, imbuing them with fire and spins around, hitting enemies several times.
5. Fireball: Goro fires a more powerful green fireball variant from one of his arms, dealing significantly more damage to enemies.
6. (Boost) Invincibility: Letting out a laugh, Goro becomes significantly more durable to attacks temporarily.
7. (Debuff) Roar: Goro lets out a terrifying roar that scares enemies, causing them to run away from him & his allies, reducing overall defence.
8. (Fatality) Dragon Fangs: Goro pulls out his weapons and proceeds to slice & stab any foe unlucky to be nearby.

Alternate costumes:
1. Classic: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3c/GoroMKSM.jpg
2. Kintaro: https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/mkwikia/images/1/1b/Kintaromk9.png/revision/latest?cb=20120804180654
3. Sheeva: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3e/SheevaMK2011.png

I hope others find these useful :)

So far, 15 people have voted. Reptile and Jade are tied at 6, while Baraka is trailing with 3. I myself won't be voting, but I am very curious to see who wins this poll.

In other news, I guess I should get rid of the dragon logo in the Select Your Fighter screen (first post). Because thanks to the 28 Roster Limit Hack that I created off of Nikita488's discovery, we can now have 28 kombatants on the roster instead of 27. (Look for it in the "Modder's Workbench" section.) Ideally, he was able to have as many as 33 heroes, but it had NPC problems that ruin the game. Hopefully, he'll find a fix for that soon.

October 14, 2017, 05:59PM #53 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 06:48PM by Ceamonks890
Noob Saibot:
1. Shadow Slide: As a nod to his original Sub-Zero form, Noob sends his shadow out during a slide, tripping over an enemy.
2. Teleport Jump Slam: Noob teleports behind an enemy, grabs them as they go up into the air and immediately slams said foe into the ground.
3. Blue Fireball: Noob fires bluish-white fireballs at enemies.
4. Dark Assassin: Noob throws several pieces of shuriken at foes, with a 15% chance of dealing critical hit damage.
5. Disabler: Noob fires a ghostly fireball, dealing multiple hits to struck foes at once. Also temporarily disables them from using their special abilities for a time.
6. (Boost) Darkness: Noob vanishes from sight, becoming invisible to enemies. Any attacks done to him have their overall damage potential reduced as well.
7. (Boost) Cyber Smoke: In a nod to their temporary forced partnership in MK Deception, Noob calls in a cyberized Smoke for assistance in combat.
8. (Fatality) Shadow Spin: Noob spawns in a cloud that lifts enemies into the air and spins them around like ragdolls, dealing bleed damage.

Bo' Rai Cho:
1. Drunken Fist: Bo' Rai Cho performs a series of punches on an enemy, before finishing up with a kick that sends them flying.
2. Fire Spit: Bo' Rai Cho blows flames out of his mouth.
3. Puke Puddle: Bo' Rai Cho vomits all over the ground, causing any enemy whom steps in it to trip over.
4. Belly Bash: Bo' Rai Cho charges forward, leaps into the air and does a powerful belly flop that crushes any unlucky opponents.
5. Sumo Stomp: Bo' Rai Cho stomps on the ground, creating a tremor that shakes the environment.
6. (Boost) Time to Drink: Bo' Rai Cho takes a sip from his jug, somehow increasing the strength of his attacks.
7. (Debuff) Fart Cloud: Bo' Rai Cho lets out flatulence so bad, that it causes enemies to run away & throw up, reducing overall defence.
8. (Fatality) Booze You Loose: Bo' Rai Cho forces his alcohol-filled jug down an enemy's throat, before throwing a match into their mouth, causing said enemy to blow up and deal additional fire splash damage to nearby threats.

Shujinko:
1. Grapple Hook Strike: Borrowed from Mavado, Shujinko catapults himself forward with grapple ropes, kicking an unlucky foe to the ground.
2. Iron Leg: Borrowed from Dairou, Shujinko blasts a three-pronged energy star from underneath his leg.
3. Twisty Kick: Borrowed from Darrius, Shujinko runs forward and performs three spin kick attacks on enemies.
4. Tele-Punch: Borrowed from Kobra, Shujinko disappears and reappears behind an enemy, beating them to a pulp.
5. Ring of Hatred: Borrowed from Taven, Shujinko leaps into the air and smashes his fist into the ground, generating a shockwave of fire.
6. (Boost) Charge Up: Borrowed from Hsu Hao, Shujinko and his allies' hands glow red, increasing overall attack damage.
7. (Boost) Corpse Taunt: Borrowed from Havik, Shujinko bends his body back a bit before coming back up, restoring health.
8. (Fatality) Shaolin Evisceration: Shujinko unsheathes his swords and slices at opponents as he moves from one target to the next quickly, causing them to collapse as bleed damage is dealt for those still standing.

For Shujinko, I felt it would be best to have him replicate cool attacks from some of the much less interesting characters of the MK franchise, that no-one would want to make a separate mod for(rather than ones everyone already likes).

POLL UPDATE:
25 people have voted so far. Reptile has suddenly taken the lead at 11 votes. Baraka and Jade are behind him, tied at 7 votes. If you haven't voted yet, your vote does count as the winner will be my next MK mod.

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on October 14, 2017, 05:59PM
For Shujinko, I felt it would be best to have him replicate cool attacks from some of the much less interesting characters of the MK franchise, that no-one would want to make a separate mod for(rather than ones everyone already likes).

I agree. A lot of the characters released in MK Deception weren't all that interesting. Kira and to a lesser extent Ashrah were probably the only exceptions -- though I doubt mods of either would be created. Shujinko was interesting since the player controlled him throughout Konquest mode from youth to old age.

Well, voting has ended, as the poll is now closed. After 31 members, it has been decided...

I am working on Marvel characters right now (just released Bloodscream, in fact), but when I return to Mortal Kombat mods, you have my word that Reptile will be the first to be worked on.

I would like to see a mod of kung lao and kratos based on the mk9.
Star Andy :))

Quote from: StarAndy on November 13, 2017, 10:15AM
I would like to see a mod of kung lao and kratos based on the mk9.

But Kratos isn't even a Mortal Kombat character *facepalms*