Mortal Kombat - Release Katalog

Started by Outsider, June 30, 2017, 07:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Ceamonks890 on November 13, 2017, 03:59PM
But Kratos isn't even a Mortal Kombat character *facepalms*
Kratos is a guest character in MK9

Quote from: TheMK on December 09, 2017, 09:51AM
What's that, you say? I don't think it was Kung Loud enough ;)
You know your stuff lol. Ok, enough trolling around. Next time I post here it will include real news.

Quote from: Julio Cabral on December 17, 2017, 09:35AM
Please add Kung Lao http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8986.msg188346.html#msg188346

Shao Kahn voice: "Outstanding!"

Everyone, thanks to Julio Cabral, Kung Lao has been added to the Warrior Select Screen at the first post. Click on his portrait to access his release post. The Shaolin Monks are now officially in MUA!

I will return to Mortal Kombat soon enough, as part of The Outsider's Road To 150. I have many MK mods planned... but I'm torn on one choice in particular. That said, I have an unofficial poll question for you all:

Who would you rather see as a playable mod -- Fujin or Shinnok? I'm 50/50 on this one.

On one hand, Fujin is the underrated God of Wind and would compliment Raiden as the only playable gods of light in MK. He would make for a very intriguing moveset, being all wind-based and using "dmg_wind." The challenge there would be to create different powers using only wind. I do have some ideas for that. (No, I wouldn't add his crossbow from MK4 -- looked stupid to me.) I have to admit, Fujin intrigues me because of the challenge.

On the other hand, Shinnok is the fallen elder god and Raiden's arch-enemy that Quan Chi and the Brothers of the Shadow worship. His most-known powers appear to be using bone formations (i.e. :marrow: Marrow), and can also use mimicry to replicate others' powers without the need to morph into them like Shang Tsung has to. Honestly, his mod wouldn't be hard, and I have great ideas for him as well. One idea in particular is bad-ass.

What do you think? Who would you rather see on that Fighter Select screen? Can you make a good argument as to why either should be chosen?

I'd prefer to see Fujin(as we already have Shang Tsung to cover a lot of the bases that Shinnok could potentially offer). Plus we don't have a combatant which is anything like Fujin currently among the MK mod roster.

A shame you won't add his crossbow though, as I personally love how ridiculously over-the-top it is to use :D

Personally, I would rather see Shinnok. I can understand the appeal of Fujin and recognize he is sort of a (officially overlooked) fan favorite, but I feel like Shinnok brings more to the MK series and has a more interesting evolution as a character. He was arguably a complete joke in MK4 and was given an appropriately and (stylistically, not literally) redeeming badass makeover for MKX. He may not be as classic a villain as the likes of Shao Kahn, but he ranks high up there and his earned his place among the MK villainy greats by now.

I would prefer Shinnok too. He has some cool bone attacks in MKX (and his Corrupted Shinnok form would make an awesome alternate costume!).

I am hoping someone will make Kintaro and Onaga at some point too.

Quote from: Julio Cabral on December 31, 2017, 03:23PM
Please include the Mortal Kombat Simulator mod to the katalog http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8986.msg182653.html#msg182653

I finally got to test out Kung Lao, and he came out great! All of his moves, including the Dive Kick executes well. Even smacking enemies with the rabbit is hilarious. Nicely done. I just released a booster to expand on him more, and keep him uniform with the other MK mods: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8753.msg188541.html#msg188541

Just wanted to say that I would also like to see Shinnok. His appearance in MKX is great in my opinion, played as him a lot. And he can actually steal powers - that's my favourite thing, in MUA it should look cool ;)

Oh.. is that mean we will see reptile soon?.. can't wait

Really excited for Reptile! I just know he'll be amazing!