Mortal Kombat - Release Katalog

Started by Outsider, June 30, 2017, 07:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 24, 2017, 05:16AM #30 Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 09:10PM by Ceamonks890
So considering the current popularity of Mortal Kombat characters being made into playable ones for MUA, I figured I'd try my hand at making some of my own movesets that modders can use or take inspiration from. Decided to not place these in the Moveset Contribution Thread, in order to avoid having them get lost among everything else.

Skarlet(Mortal Kombat 9)
1. Blood Spill: Skarlet teleports behind the nearest enemy and slashes them viciously in the back.
2. Double Dagger Stab: Skarlet throws two of her daggers at an unlucky enemy.
3. Krimson Dashing Slide: Skarlet moves forward quickly along the ground, knocking opponents over if they get in her way.
4. Blood Ball: Skarlet stabs herself, firing a projectile of her own blood at opponents which does high amounts of damage. A significant amount of health is drained as a side-effect.
5. (Boost) Feels So Good: Skarlet gains extra health orbs back from defeated enemies for a time.
6. (Boost) Bloodthirsty: Skarlet's attacks inflict more damage for a time.
7. (Fatality) Pillar Crush: Skarlet stabs herself with one of her own weapons, creating pillars of blood that move in and proceed to crush nearby enemies unlucky enough to be in range.

D'Vorah(Mortal Kombat X)
Abilities of healing factor, flight
1. Stinger charge: D'Vorah strikes an unlucky enemy in the back with her two stingers.
2. Brood Blast: D'Vorah commands some of her insects to fire yellow resin at enemies.
3. Venomous Insects: D'Vorah commands some of her insects to fire green resin at enemies, dealing low poison damage with each successful hit.
4. Insect Tornado: D'Vorah spawns a swarm of wasps under nearby enemies, knocking them into the air and being repeatedly stung during the attack.
5. Squishy Explosion: D'Vorah throws a red insect at a nearby enemy, attracting a swarm of wasps towards them and causing them to attack said foe.
6. (Boost) Poisonous Strikes: Each of D'Vorah's regular attacks will deal mid-level poison damage for a time.
7. (Fatality) Feeding Time: D'Vorah summons a swarm of wasps to attack all threats on-screen.

A new kombatant has been unlocked. View the Fighter Select screen at the first post.

As of now, the original seven playable warriors from the very first Mortal Kombat are now in MUA. (I know, I know -- officially the original Sub-Zero is actually Noob Saibot now, but for this game, his younger brother Sub-Zero is representing the original here.)

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on August 24, 2017, 05:16AM
So considering the current popularity of Mortal Kombat characters being made into playable ones for MUA, I figured I'd try my hand at making some of my own movesets that modders can use or take inspiration from. Decided to not place these in the Moveset Contribution Thread, in order to avoid having them get lost among everything else.

Not a bad idea. There are plenty of MK characters out there, and they are very easy to do as they already have moves from their games. The challenge for modders is to somehow replicate them. Most can be done, while a few can't be done. Since MKX was the winner of the poll as best MK game, perhaps you can continue with some of the newer MK characters who made their debut at MKX.

Quote from: TheMK on August 23, 2017, 07:06PM
I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to see what else Outsider has planned for MK in MUA!

You have two or three more reasons to be excited... :king: (evil laugh)

Quote from: andersonbrazil on August 08, 2017, 02:18PM
Outsider, congratulations! His latest releases are really incredible. I'm very impressed with the Mods MK. Now to complete, this new Stryker mod is diversifying my game with style. Thank you!

No problem, Anderson. I have seen some of your videos on Youtube displaying your skins, and congratulating me in one of those videos. I appreciate that.

Here's movesets for Kung Jin and Takeda from Mortal Kombat X:

Kung Jin:
1. Bow Whack: Kung Jin spins around hitting an unlucky enemy twice, before uppercutting them into the air utilizing the adornment on his bow.
2. Chakram: Kung Jin throws his boomerang-like weapon at nearby enemies, dealing damage with a 20% chance to leave struck threats stunned.
3. Bow Scorch: Kung Jin launches fireballs from the dragon head on his bow.
4. Cartwheel Dive: Kung Jin leaps into the air and lands a powerful kick to an unlucky opponent's jaw, knocking them to the ground.
5. Cheap Shot: Kung Jin aims several arrows at an unlucky enemy's knees, dealing high levels of damage.
6. (Boost) Quiver Types: Kung Jin will have the option of ending up with one of the following randomized arrow variants:
•   Fire: Every arrow shot for a limited time will deal low amounts of fire damage to foes.
•   Stun: Every arrow shot for a limited time will leave enemies dazed, opening up critical hit damage opportunities.
•   Vampiric: Every arrow shot for a limited time will drain an opponent's energy, giving free orbs to Kung Jin and his allies on top of the usual arrow damage.
7. (Boost) Too Quick for Ya?: Kung Jin's natural agility makes it more difficult for foes to land a successful hit on him.
8. (Fatality) Painful Rain: Kung Jin runs up to kick several enemies in the face, before firing several flame-coated arrows from his bow into the air, which quickly come back down on said threats.

Takeda Takahashi:
Abilities of reflecting enemy projectiles back at opponents by pressing heavy attack button whilst blocking, teleportation by pressing the jump button twice, whip-based hand-to-hand combat(perhaps use Ghost Rider's combat style as a basis?)

1. Triple Kunai: Takeda throws three kunai at enemies, which land near their positions and explode in their surprised faces.
2. Blade Tornado: Takeda throws the hilt of a plasma sword on the ground, telekinetically commanding it to knock unlucky enemies into the air, before returning to him.
3. Come Here Now!: Takeda launches a whip spear at a nearby enemy and stabs them with it, dragging them over to him for a quick punch across the face.
4. Fists of Fury: Takeda deals a rapid array of punches towards unlucky enemies.
5. Deadly Spark: Takeda slams his plasma blades together, generating a beam of energy from it.
6. Lashing Barrage: Takeda moves his whips around in a downward arc, dealing a quick series of swipes.
7. (Boost) True Power: Takeda starts to glow with an orange aura surrounding him, as overall damage potential is increased further for a time.
8. (Debuff) Mental Mush: Takeda telepathically confuses enemies, causing them to flee.
9. (Fatality) Good Lashing: Takeda brings out his whips and moves them around his general area, dealing bleed damage to nearby foes.

Pretty awesome mods you have made! I hope to finish that must have figther that's missing soon enough.

Quote from: Julio Cabral on August 29, 2017, 06:14PM
Pretty awesome mods you have made! I hope to finish that must have figther that's missing soon enough.

Thanks for that, Julio. Yeah, you have to have the original seven in there for sure. And yes, hopefully you'll finish that fighter soon. (If you need me to review it when you're finished, let me know -- depending on my availability, of course.)
I have portraits of many prolific MK warriors on file, so once your fighter is released, the portrait will fill one of the 14 remaining spots on the "Select Your Fighter" screen in the first post.
Erik Lensherr wanted to work on Reptile and Rain, but other characters defeated them in his poll. Still, MUA is starting to look like the next (unofficial) action game since MK: Shaolin Monks!

If anyone is interested in creating gameplay videos of the MK mods released so far (perhaps with MK Trilogy music), go right ahead. But don't forget the boosters that were made so that all MK mods are uniform. I'm curious to see how someone would do it. Maybe Ed Boon would give us props!
Here are some MK Trilogy music that would fit the videos nicely:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_xT6dFvCMc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol-zlqU-PuY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWKE6NDPrUM

September 01, 2017, 05:53PM #37 Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 10:33PM by Ceamonks890
And here are the rest of the new fighters introduced in Mortal Kombat X(No Triborg obviously, as we already have Sub-Zero available separately. And I'm pretty sure people would prefer to play as Cyrax, Sektor and Smoke in the same way too).

Cassie Cage:
1. Glow Kick: Glowing with green energy, Cassie performs a high kick which knocks an opponent into the air.
2. Akimbo: Cassie pulls out both of her handguns and fires away.
3. Going Down: Cassie rushes forward and tackles a foe to the ground, proceeding to punch them in the face before getting off them.
4. Jewel Crusher: Cassie drops to her knees and punches an unlucky enemy in the solar plexus twice.
5. Target Sighted: Cassie calls through her earpiece, for a missile strike from the Special Forces on enemies.
6. (Boost) Runs in the Family: Taking after her father, Cassie's body is covered entirely in green energy, reducing damage done to her for a time.
7. (Debuff) You Got Caged!: Cassie mocks her opponents, causing their defence to decrease.
8. (Fatality) Take 'em Down!: Cassie carefully aims at nearby enemy knees, before proceeding to shoot all affected targets in the head.

Erron Black:
1. Sand Skid: Erron slides along the ground, knocking an enemy into the air and proceeding to shoot at them, before they land back on the ground.
2. Caltrops: Erron throws out caltrops, dealing bleed damage to any enemy stupid enough to step on them.
3. Let Off Steam: Erron pulls out a rifle and unloads several shots from it.
4. Downed Shootout: Erron tackles an enemy to the ground and proceeds to fire at them several times, before getting off.
5. Blade Stab: Erron stabs an unlucky enemy in the gut with his Tarkatan blade, dealing bleed damage as soon as its pulled back out.
6. (Boost) Sharpshooter: Erron becomes much more proficient at dealing critical hit damage to enemies.
7. (Fatality) Sand Grenades: Erron throws out specially-designed grenades, which explode and release sand that entraps enemies in a huge amount of it, before he shoots at them till they die. Any enemies lucky enough to survive, will remain trapped in the sand.

Ferra & Torr:
1. Brute Smash: Torr uppercuts an enemy into the air.
2. Back Breaker: Torr grabs an enemy and proceeds to crush them with a bear hug.
3. Boulder Roll: Torr curls into a ball and rolls forward, knocking enemies to the ground.
4. Enemy Slice: Torr grabs an enemy and holds them steady, while Ferra proceeds to slice at the enemy with her claws.
5. Ferra Throw: Torr throws Ferra forward like a projectile, as she proceeds to stab an enemy before they collapse on the ground briefly. Ferra will return to Torr's back after the attack.
6. (Boost) No Pain, No Gain!: Ferra stabs Torr with her claws, depleting health in exchange for a damage buff across them & their allies.
7. (Boost) Primitive Rage: Ferra & Torr's attacks do more damage for a time.
8. (Fatality) Time for Fun: Ferra jumps off Torr's back, moving around from enemy to enemy as they're stabbed in the gut by her claws.

Jacqui Briggs:
1. Ground Slam: Jacqui leaps into the air and comes back down, delivering a devastating shockwave from her gauntlets.
2. Gauntlet Barrage: Jacqui performs a quick, deliberate series of strikes on an unlucky enemy.
3. Robotic Dash: Jacqui runs forward and uppercuts her opponent.
4. Fish in a Barrel: Jacqui fires two shotgun blasts from her gauntlets.
5. Gauntlet Blasters: Jacqui fires a few rapid-fire machine gun rounds from her gauntlets.
6. (Boost) Tech Barrier: Jacqui clashes her gauntlets together, creating a strong barrier which absorbs attack damage for a time.
7. (Boost) Electric Personality: Jacqui clashes her gauntlets together, generating an electric current around them, which adds further electric damage to her attacks.
8. (Fatality) Rocket Barrage: Jacqui fires two rockets from her gauntlets, which explode when close to valid targets.

Kotal Khan:
1. Sword Sweep: Kotal Khan draws out his sword and performs a low sweep attack.
2. Counter Attack: Kotal Khan draws his sickles out and counters an enemy attack, reversing their attack back on them as damage is dealt.
3. Sunstone: Kotal Khan throws a specially-made discus at enemies, dealing fire damage.
4. Sunburns: Kotal Khan calls down rays of sunlight, which do burn damage briefly to enemies before dissipating.
5. On Your Knees: Kotal Khan grabs two opponents by their faces and proceeds to burn them via the sun's power, before flinging them over him.
6. (Boost) Blood Donation: Kotal Khan loses a portion of health in exchange for a damage buff.
7. (Boost) Soul Incineration: Kotal Khan gains health & energy orbs from the sun, which can be spread out across his allies.
8. (Fatality) Honor Your Sacrifice: Kotal Khan moves from enemy to enemy, stabbing them in the chest as they proceed to bleed out.

UPDATE
Tremor:
1. Stone Uppercut: Tremor forms a bigger fist with the rock aspects of his skin, performing a powerful uppercut.
2. Crystal projectiles: Tremor throws deadly crystal shards at enemies.
3. Rock Bash: Tremor picks up a big boulder and slams it on enemies.
4. Aftershock: Tremor punches his fists into the ground, emitting vibrational shockwaves which knock foes off their feet.
5. Earthquake: Tremor punches his fists into the ground, emitting stronger vibrational shockwaves which deals significant damage to foes.
6. Bowling Pins: Tremor throws a spherical rock along the ground, knocking enemies over.
7. (Boost) Crystal Armor: Tremor amplifies the crystalline aspects of his skin further, reducing damage done to him for a time.
8. (Fatality) Stone Walls: Tremor traps nearby enemies' feet in stone, before creating walls around them and slamming them together, dealing significant physical damage.

A new kombatant has been unlocked. View the "Select Your Fighter" screen at the first post.

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on September 01, 2017, 05:53PM
And here are the rest of the new fighters introduced in Mortal Kombat X(No Triborg obviously, as we already have Sub-Zero available separately. And I'm pretty sure people would prefer to play as Cyrax, Sektor and Smoke in the same way too).

Nice job on these. Don't forget about the brown ninja Tremor, unless you count that horrible game Mortal Kombat: Special Forces as his debut. Technically, it's true, but MKX is his fighting game debut.

Epic!!!

One could technically argue that Tremor had a prototype in Special Forces that was fully fleshed out in MKX. A lot like Blaze, who was just a cameo in MK2 and then became a fully made, super secret unlockable character in Deadly Alliance.

Quote from: Outsider on September 02, 2017, 08:59PM
Nice job on these. Don't forget about the brown ninja Tremor, unless you count that horrible game Mortal Kombat: Special Forces as his debut. Technically, it's true, but MKX is his fighting game debut.

Updated my previous post accordingly, with Tremor added to the rest of the MKX cast. Anyone else from the series you guys want me to try? Or is everyone satisfied? :)

A new kombatant has been unlocked. View the "Select Your Fighter" screen at the first post. Also, Andersonbrazil has been added as a contributor.

As you can see, the Fighter Screen is really starting to fill up! We all know that the game can only allow for 27 characters on a roster (though I personally would prefer 28... oh well). 15 kombatants are now playable, which means only 12 more remain. Bear in mind that I promised I would on focus on Marvel and others for the time being, but I do have one more MK character coming in between those. And, now that Andersonbrazil released his Pack 10, I will soon release a major update for Shang Tsung...

So, let's have a poll: Who would you like to see fill the remaining 12 spots? Try not to say any more than 12 for the obvious reason stated above. (I won't participate in this since I'm a modder  -- it may give some things away.) So go ahead, sound off and... Choose Your Destiny.

September 13, 2017, 05:26PM #42 Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 06:04PM by Aventureiromax
Jade, Kung Lao, Baraka, Reptile, Rain, Sindel, Shinnok, Jason, Freddy, Tanya, Noob Saibot and Nightwolf   :jumping: :rockon: :thumbsup2: :naughty:
Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

September 13, 2017, 08:48PM #43 Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 08:52PM by Ceamonks890
I'd like to see Goro, Reptile, Kenshi, Fujin, Kung Lao, Bo' Rai Cho, Tremor, Jade, Rain, Baraka, Cyrax & Noob Saibot from the Mortal Kombat cast made playable in MUA most of all.

A lot of the less popular or samey characters introduced into the franchise over the years, can just as easily be made into skins for existing MK mods ;)

My desires for the remaining 12 would be Goro, Reptile, Jade, Noob Saibot, Smoke, Bo 'Rai Cho, Erron Black, Kenshi, Kotal Kahn, Cassie Cage, Jacqui Briggs, and Takeda. I would pick more if I could, but those are the ones I'd like to see the most!