Mortal Kombat - Release Katalog

Started by Outsider, June 30, 2017, 07:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loving these MK1 references ^_^ hooray for the first secret character in fighting game history!

YOU HAVE FOUND ME.
NOW PROVE YOURSELF!

That's right, folks. Reptile has joined the Mortal Kombat roster, and his portrait is now up at the Fighter Select screen. Also, Jax has been updated, as there was a minor error in his talents file, and his taunt animation is now faster. Only overwrite his talents & powerstyle files.

Good job ;)
Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

Quote from: TheMK on January 08, 2018, 06:29AM
Yes!!! Thank you!!!
Quote from: Aventureiromax on January 08, 2018, 05:48PM
Good job ;)

I appreciate that. Now the playable roster of both Mortal Kombat 1 and Mortal Kombat 2 are all in MUA with the exception of Baraka, so he is definitely my next target in MK. However, I promised Andersonbrazil that I'd create another Marvel character first... (Everyone, don't forget to update Jax, and see the Kung Lao booster.)

Congratulations Outsider! Reptile has a very loyal set of powers of the MK, as well as being very fun to play with. Thanks for the mod!

Baraka is next, along with a secret mod on the Marvel side...

Earlier, I had asked if you all would rather have the God of Wind, Fujin playable, or the fallen Elder God, Shinnok playable. It appears to be 3-1 in favor of Shinnok. Still, I think I found a way for them both to be playable, but at the cost of another, as there are only 28 spots on the MK roster, and 17 of them are taken (with Baraka being #18).

That said... Cyrax or Goro?

On one hand, Cyrax is arguably the most humanized of the robotic warriors of MK. He has cool cybernetic powers such as bombs and an energy net (which I can make), he has been a member of both the Lin Kuei and the Special Forces, and has even aligned himself with the vampire Nitara before... (NOTE: Currently to my knowledge, there is no skin of Cyrax that has been converted as of yet.)

On the other hand, Goro is a legendary boss character since the very first tournament. Though his moveset is limited and slightly uninteresting, his brute strength makes up for it. He is a prince of his Shokan race, but is the only one from MK1 that is not playable. Should that change...? (NOTE: A skin was done of Goro, but that was so Shang Tsung can morph into him.) Let me know who you'd prefer.

Quote from: andersonbrazil on January 10, 2018, 07:27AM
Congratulations Outsider! Reptile has a very loyal set of powers of the MK, as well as being very fun to play with. Thanks for the mod!

Thanks for that. I'm a huge fan of Mortal Kombat, and of fighting games in general.

January 12, 2018, 06:47AM #83 Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 09:39AM by TheMK
I have to say: Goro all the way!!!

Goro is a legendary figure whose status in the MK canon is much more important than Cyrax's (no offense to him; he's cool too).

It's interesting that you note that Cyrax has been both a hero and a villain, because the same thing has actually happened with Goro; right around the same time as Cyrax, even! There was a point in time (in the original timeline, before the reboot) where Goro redeemed himself and changed his ways (for a while), becoming best friends with Kitana and helping her lead the charge against the last remnants of Shao Kahn's empire before the Deadly Alliance took over. It all started with Kung Lao's ending in Mortal Kombat Gold (which was canon at the time), which shows a rare example of Goro's noble side. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0WPC7Z5oEI

Aside from that, I feel like Goro would be a much more unique addition to MUA. Again, as cool as Cyrax is, MUA already has plenty of robot/cyborg-type characters on it's own, both playable and not, while there's nothing quite like Goro in there.

Plus, who can forget the feeling they had the first time they were playing the first Mortal Kombat and saw that four-armed monster?!? He was so fittingly terrifying and awesome!!! Getting to bring that fearsome might to the Masters of Evil would be such a powerful feeling! He's called the "Prince of Pain" for good reason, after all! I always felt, personally, that Goro had some of the most painful fatalities, especially in the last two Mortal Kombat games.

As for his moveset, I think it could provide an interesting enough variety. He's been able to shoot fireballs, breathe fire, do spinning attacks, jump with such force it shakes the ground, have a boost that makes his physical attacks cause fire damage, wield four bladed weapons on each arm (similar to a Tarkatan's blades even), have all kinds of great grab/grappler attacks, roar intimidatingly; all pretty cool things, I think. Plus, in some of the games like MK4 and MKX, he's been shown to be alarmingly and deceptively fast, which makes him even scarier and more powerful, I think.

That was a very solid argument, I must say. Honestly, all throughout work today, I was thinking about how this is really a no-brainer. As I've said, Goro is historic indeed, since the very first tournament. I have to agree he's the better choice. Plus, there was the worry that if Cyrax was created, people would then ask for Sektor... but there are only but so many spots on the roster, and I see no point in going over the roster limit, as then some would get left out.

Now if Nikita or someone successfully brings the playable roster to 33, it would be a different story...

Hmmp. How could Goro's animations work? I feel that monsters like Goro, Kintaro and Motaro are characters that will need animations that are impossible in MUA. That's why I suggested to put Motaro and Kintaro as Shao Kahn's helpers.
When it comes to other kombatans, the ninjas have a little too similar powers to each other (Smoke and Scorpion for Example or Sektor and Smoke); Cyrax is kinda unique in that matter.

Goro definitely. He's about as synonymous to MK as Shao Kahn. (Plus then we could have my favorite MK character Kintaro as a skin.) Also it would be awesome to see a mod made for a character with 4 arms.

Goro definitely. Once that mod's made, all of the characters from Mortal Kombat 1 will officially be playable in MUA :D

Quote from: Julio Cabral on January 12, 2018, 04:04PM
Hmmp. How could Goro's animations work? I feel that monsters like Goro, Kintaro and Motaro are characters that will need animations that are impossible in MUA. That's why I suggested to put Motaro and Kintaro as Shao Kahn's helpers.
When it comes to other kombatans, the ninjas have a little too similar powers to each other (Smoke and Scorpion for Example or Sektor and Smoke); Cyrax is kinda unique in that matter.

I'd imagine that Goro's anims would work similar to the Hulk -- I think I can make that possible. Kintaro and especially Motaro won't get mods of their own (for Motaro, it is definitely impossible), so they can still be Shao Kahn's helpers, but Goro can be worked on. I have some ideas for him...

As for Smoke, I agree with you. In the past, he was basically a faster clone of Scorpion, and his robot version was too much like Sektor. But in MK9, they gave him some unique moves of his own, and I would replicate those with his mod.

Just to let you know, the mod progress of Baraka is doing well, though I'm having some problems trying to replicate his Shredder move (the one where he repeatedly slices the enemy from a kneeling position). To my knowledge, there are no animations like that, but I'll keep trying. He may be done soon.

Quote from: MMXZero2002 on January 12, 2018, 06:33PM
Also it would be awesome to see a mod made for a character with 4 arms.

If you think that's something, I once created a mod for a character with 6 arms! (http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8753.msg178175.html#msg178175)