Mortal Kombat - Release Katalog

Started by Outsider, June 30, 2017, 07:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Although this kind of animation seems to be impossible, we can not forget that Kraken uses an animation for four arms, in addition to it I believe that there are characters in XML2 with animation of four arms as well.
But for a mesher this is a big problem because the 3DS Max does not offer to biped with this four-arm configuration.
We would have to create bones and learn to bind them correctly in the biped.
I still have not been able to create furs for Angel for this reason.
But we can create a pseudo-animation by balancing the influence of existing arms on the others.

Quote from: andersonbrazil on January 19, 2018, 09:09AM
Although this kind of animation seems to be impossible, we can not forget that Kraken uses an animation for four arms, in addition to it I believe that there are characters in XML2 with animation of four arms as well.
But for a mesher this is a big problem because the 3DS Max does not offer to biped with this four-arm configuration.
We would have to create bones and learn to bind them correctly in the biped.
I still have not been able to create furs for Angel for this reason.
But we can create a pseudo-animation by balancing the influence of existing arms on the others.

you mean to do this while using the physique method? I've thought about this before, but never tried it in Max.

I must admit, I'm a bit confused when you mention Angel's "furs", tho.

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^

Quote from: MelloMods on January 19, 2018, 03:56PM
you mean to do this while using the physique method? I've thought about this before, but never tried it in Max.

I must admit, I'm a bit confused when you mention Angel's "furs", tho.

Angel is a big challenge for me. I even managed to pair bones and animate the wings but they appear deformed in the game ... it is as if the bones are disoriented, it is as if they dismount in the game. I stopped to study and found out that there is a process of organization by hierarchy and ligature ... I have to delve into that.

Ladies and gentlemen, all of the playable fighters from Mortal Kombat II are now in MUA, as Baraka just entered the fray! His portrait has been added to the first post's Warrior Select screen.

Downloading the Tarkatan will also get you a Stage Fatality booster that allows for those vicious uppercuts to make impact sounds when you hit an enemy! (Before, there was no sound.)

Also, I'm about to put up a new poll question right now -- this one about the greatest shape-shifter mod I've ever done, Shang Tsung. Feel free to vote!

Great to see more Mortal Kombat is still making it's way into MUA!

As for whether Shang Tsung should have more morphs, I voted yes, but I would like to add a stipulation. In my opinion, while I personally am excited for the potential of these extra morphs, some other people might not think so, and might be fond of his boss version. This is obvious given the poll, but that being said, I think it would be best if this potential version with more morphs is kept as an optional update/booster rather than replacing the default Shang Tsung file itself. Just my two cents; whatever you ultimately decide to do would surely be best, of course!

I agree with everything TheMK said. It's the best of both worlds that way :)

Quote from: TheMK on January 24, 2018, 03:57AM
Great to see more Mortal Kombat is still making it's way into MUA!

As for whether Shang Tsung should have more morphs, I voted yes, but I would like to add a stipulation. In my opinion, while I personally am excited for the potential of these extra morphs, some other people might not think so, and might be fond of his boss version. This is obvious given the poll, but that being said, I think it would be best if this potential version with more morphs is kept as an optional update/booster rather than replacing the default Shang Tsung file itself. Just my two cents; whatever you ultimately decide to do would surely be best, of course!

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on January 24, 2018, 08:18PM
I agree with everything TheMK said. It's the best of both worlds that way :)

An interesting idea -- I'll consider that. I'm 50/50 on the idea of giving Shang Tsung more morphs, as I don't want to complicate his mod. But, at the same time, in Mortal Kombat Trilogy, he was able to morph into nearly everyone in the game, so it would be fitting. In fact, just now, I thought of a way to possibly add these new morphs without sacrificing his boss version or making his mod too complex. It'll be a bit of a challenge, but I think I can pull it off.

Currently, I have skins of Sektor and Cyrax, but not the others yet. I'm also trying to find Shang Tsung's costumes from MK9 for his mod, as they look very cool. (The first one would be his new primary costume, and the second one would be his boss version morph.) Maybe they are both on Deviantart somewhere. In the meantime, keep on voting.

The poll has ended. After 15 votes, 60% voted in favor of Shang Tsung having more morphs, so I'll see what I can do -- just not at the moment. Plus, I'll look for a way to keep his boss version with complicating him too much.

I'm taking a little break for MK for now, but when I return to MK, the next mod will likely be Goro, just to complete the MK1 collection. Stay tuned.

Really excited for Goro!!! He's one of my top favorite characters!!!

Quote from: Outsider on January 31, 2018, 01:31PM
The poll has ended. After 15 votes, 60% voted in favor of Shang Tsung having more morphs, so I'll see what I can do -- just not at the moment. Plus, I'll look for a way to keep his boss version with complicating him too much.

I'm taking a little break for MK for now, but when I return to MK, the next mod will likely be Goro, just to complete the MK1 collection. Stay tuned.

Awesome, can't wait to play as Goro!!!!

Coming next to the Mortal Kombat roster of MUA...

Goro lives...

A 2,000 year old half human dragon, Goro remains undefeated for the past 500 years. He won the title of Grand Champion by defeating Kung Lao, a fighting Shaolin monk. It was during this period that the tournament fell into Shang Tsung's hands and was corrupted.

I played Mortal Kombat X last night, my first time playing a mortal Kombat game, so now I actually understand these characters

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on February 18, 2018, 08:47AM
I played Mortal Kombat X last night, my first time playing a mortal Kombat game, so now I actually understand these characters

So, you've played MKX... what did you think? You should also try Mortal Kombat (2011), as it's a good introduction to a lot of the classic ...or should I say klassic warriors of MK that are not in MKX, such as Shang Tsung. (Not counting guest characters, of course.)

Quote from: Outsider on February 18, 2018, 11:57AM
So, you've played MKX... what did you think? You should also try Mortal Kombat (2011), as it's a good introduction to a lot of the classic ...or should I say klassic warriors of MK that are not in MKX, such as Shang Tsung. (Not counting guest characters, of course.)

I enjoyed it, though I was terrible at it. I'll look into that other one, and I might try to get it and try it out