Mortal Kombat - Release Katalog

Started by Outsider, June 30, 2017, 07:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm curious which of the characters in that game interested you, BaconWizard. A lot of them are classic staples from the original games, much like the ones there's mods made of here, but MKX was the first game in some time to have truly welcome new characters (Erron Black, Cassie Cage, Kotal Kahn, etc.).

February 18, 2018, 05:21PM #106 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 05:25PM by BaconWizard17
Quote from: TheMK on February 18, 2018, 05:09PM
I'm curious which of the characters in that game interested you, BaconWizard. A lot of them are classic staples from the original games, much like the ones there's mods made of here, but MKX was the first game in some time to have truly welcome new characters (Erron Black, Cassie Cage, Kotal Kahn, etc.).

I played as Kung Lao, Sub-Zero, and Scorpion, and my friend played as some other fire character that I can't remember the name of.  I didn't get to play too much though, as it's my friend's game and he had several people over.

Ah, yeah.

Maybe that other fire character was Kotal Kahn.

There's a lot of characters in that game I like to play as, but Sub-Zero's been my favorite character in all of the games.

Everyone remembers that Stage Fatality Booster that was within the mod of Baraka? Well, now all of the Mortal Kombat mods have updated with better stage fatalities. If you've already got the Stage Fatality Booster from before and updated them, then you don't need to do anything. (Note that in the case of Raiden, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Ermac, and Kung Lao -- those are not mods that I've created, so the updates are within their critically important boosters.)

As you know, Goro is next. His mod will have Kintaro as a skin, but not Sheeva as even though it makes sense power-wise, I thought it'd be weird to hear Sheeva with a male Shokan voice.

So, you all know that only 10 spots remain on the Mortal Kombat roster, and Goro has taken one of those spots. Stay tuned to find out who will eventually take the 9 remaining spots. And remember... you can only play as all 28 kombatants with my 28 Roster Limit Hack - located at The Outsider's Crypt. Otherwise, you'll have to eliminate one of them.

So, in case you haven't heard, I am back after some computer problems. As I've promised, Goro is next. However, if you've played Mortal Kombat X, you'd notice that his Tigrar Fury variation is really just the moves of Kintaro. That said, I will try to give Kintaro moves exclusive to him. Once complete, everyone from MK1 will be officially playable in MUA.

After him will be another kombatant. Who is it... not saying yet, but it will blow you away!

By the way, I still haven't found an answer to having music play continuously in the character select screen. I seriously hope someone finds it. Naturally, if it is found, it would probably play MK3's character select music. Anyway, stay tuned.

Really amped for Goro!!! And I'm sure whoever else you have in mind is going to be awesome, too ^_^

Everyone, a new kombatant has been unlocked -- Goro has been released, and his portrait has been added to the Warrior Select screen at the first post. The cast of the original Mortal Kombat is now complete. (NOTE: Kintaro is playable through Goro.)

Nine spots remain! Stay tuned to find out who will get to the roster. I will also release a poll question concerning MK mods. Feel free to tell me what you think, but please don't answer until you've played as Goro (and Kintaro). This way, you get a feel for the idea.

For me the biggest problem with mix genres is the audio files because in my opinion it looks strange but if you make separate audios like Akuma/Ken/Ryu, the story can change ;)

Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

Alright, so the next mod I'm attempting is another Mortal Kombat warrior, and this kombatant will blow you away!

It looks like judging from the poll results so far, the majority of you wouldn't mind characters as alternate outfits, as long as genders aren't mixed. I suggested this because it's obvious that some kombatants are not making the roster on their own. There are only 28 possible spots, and 19 are taken. Kintaro was a perfect example of this, so it made sense to mix him with Goro. I'm not going to mix in as many as I can -- maybe just a couple.

Also note that although Predator and Alien have been released as mods, they do not count as MK mods, for they were guest characters. This thread only covers authentic Mortal Kombat characters.

Quote from: Aventureiromax on March 17, 2018, 05:59PM
For me the biggest problem with mix genres is the audio files because in my opinion it looks strange but if you make separate audios like Akuma/Ken/Ryu, the story can change ;)

I agree -- that's why I didn't attempt to add Sheeva to the mod of Goro. Because, while her skills are also similar, she's female and wouldn't sound right with Goro's roars. I could have separated some of her sounds from his, but I can't do that with pain sounds (for example).

March 18, 2018, 02:40PM #116 Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 02:43PM by Aventureiromax
Good job with Goro/Kintaro ;)

Note: I did a small skins update for this mod on my page ;)

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4284.msg189634#msg189634

Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

So, I've decided not to keep you all in suspense -- the next Mortal Kombat mod I'm creating is none other than the God of Wind, Fujin. I have some ideas for him to make his mod unique. Stay tuned for that! After him, only eight more spots will remain. I already know who the remaining eight are, and I know everyone will like the warriors I've chosen.

Also, remember when you all voted for me to upgrade Shang Tsung even more? Well, I've sent a message to Julio Cabral, asking if it is possible to convert a skin of Motaro for the possibility of Shang Tsung morphing into him. I know it's impossible for the centaur's hind legs and tail to move, but if the skin doesn't look bad while Shang Tsung is walking or running, then maybe it's passable. Maybe skinners can play around with it? I'd rather try and possibly fail than to not try at all. No response from Julio yet.
My plan is to give Shang Tsung up to (possibly) 40 morphs without complicating his mod too much for the ULTIMATE Shang Tsung mod! I am six skins away from making that happen -- I'll keep you posted. (NOTE: If he reaches 40 morphs, that will be final. No more after that.)

Fujin's an interesting choice; I'll enjoy seeing what you do with him! Very eager to see the remaining characters you make for MK as well!

A new kombatant has been unlocked. Fujin is now available, and his portrait has been added to the warrior select screen in the first post.

We now have 20 Mortal Kombat fighters in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance! This is the closest thing to having Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks moddable! One may ask though -- why are the MK warriors invading MUA? I will soon post what their individual reasons could be.

8 spots remain! (If you don't use my 28 Roster Limit Hack, well then there's only 7 spots remaining for you! Shao Kahn Laugh)... Stay tuned to this thread to find out which kombatants will fill the roster soon enough.