Mortal Kombat - Release Katalog

Started by Outsider, June 30, 2017, 07:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Omg smoke mod is amazing and thank you for updating sindel! Wonder what you gonna do with Shang tsung but whatever it be I'm sure it's gonna be top work as always.  ;D

Ladies and gentlemen, I have just updated Shang Tsung to an unprecedented 39 morphs! Yes, the ultimate shape-shifting sorcerer experience is here! (NOTE: I won't be seeking to add any more morphs, as that would be overkill at this point.) He also has more skins as himself. Download the upgrade now, and view the new Morph Guide. However, use in moderation to avoid potential glitches due to the game's memory.

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8753.msg187034.html#msg187034

Up next is a kombatant that a lot of you have been waiting for -- the sexy Edenian ninja known as Jade! Stay tuned, and you'll find out why that "shimmering woman" picked her...

Quote from: edward on June 16, 2018, 08:09AM
Omg smoke mod is amazing and thank you for updating sindel! Wonder what you gonna do with Shang tsung but whatever it be I'm sure it's gonna be top work as always.  ;D

Thanks for that -- I really wanted Smoke to stand out and be nowhere similar to Scorpion.

YES!!! Jade is both my favorite MK heroine and my favorite MK female character at all!!! :)

She's the last of the MK1-MK3 characters I've -really- been dying to see her in MUA -- I know you'll do her justice!!!

I always felt like she was stiffed out of chances to shine compared to some of the other characters. I personally find her more interesting than both Kitana and Mileena, even though the latter two have been given larger roles in the stories of the games. Jade has a lot of potential that I hope NRS realizes someday but I sort of doubt it given how she was excluded from MKX :( no mention of her at all except one of Kitana's variations! Sad!

And your upgrade to Shang Tsung is very impressive!!!

Everyone, Jade is still being worked on -- I've just been very busy lately, and plus I had to make time to create the new QUICK LIST for The Outsider's Crypt. She will come soon enough.

In the meantime, what do you think?
What if MK were created in MUA -- Shaolin Monks II?

Helicarrier = Earthrealm (Unsure where Fin Fang Foom would fall under in this case. Onaga the Dragon King, maybe?)
Act 1 = Shang Tsung's Island (Mandarin would be where you'd fight Shang Tsung.)
Act 2 = Netherrealm (Mephisto would be where you'd fight Shinnok if he gets created. Blackheart is where you'd fight Quan Chi.)
Act 3 = Edenia (Loki would be where where you'd fight Sindel.)
Act 4 = Outworld (Titannus would be where you'd fight Goro. Unsure where Galactus would fall under in this case. Blaze, maybe?)
Act 5 = Kahn's Fortress (Dr. Doom would be where you'd fight Shao Kahn.)

Murderworld = Realm of Chaos (Havik would be Arcade)
Niffleheim = Seido, the Realm of Order
Cityscape (Skrull Planet) = The Pit
Omega Base = The Prison
Sim Missions = Special Forces Simulator

I think that would be incredibly awesome!!!

-But-, I'm a huge MK fan, so I'm really biased, LOL

As much as I would love to see it, it sounds like a lot of effort and might not feel as rewarding to undertake unless a lot of people are really enthusiastic about it. I mean, I'd love to do it myself if I could, but that's not happening anytime soon : /

If you (and/or someone else) decide to do it then that's great!!! But even if not it's very satisfying just to have so many cool MK characters in MUA at all :)

July 04, 2018, 06:39PM #185 Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 06:43PM by Ceamonks890
Hmm, Classic Sub-Zero's listing has been mysteriously removed. Is Noob Saibot possibly on the cards as a separate character mod now?

I would hope so!!! I LOVE Noob Saibot!!!

Even if I still want to see Jade first. ^///^";

The two of them along with Rain are the only MK1-3 characters left without mods I still want to see :)

Everyone, AdrianoAp has been added to the contributors line at the first post for his contributions to the MK mods.

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on July 04, 2018, 06:39PM
Hmm, Classic Sub-Zero's listing has been mysteriously removed. Is Noob Saibot possibly on the cards as a separate character mod now?

Ah, you've noticed that... Yes, I can confirm that Noob Saibot will be next after my current project of Jade. This is to complete the MK2 collection, and of course we all know that Noob Saibot is the original Sub-Zero.

I must admit that Jade is giving me some difficulty, as it seems to be cancelling out effects. I'm trying to find alternate methods to fix them. She's about 75% done.

Quote from: TheMK on July 04, 2018, 07:11PM
I would hope so!!! I LOVE Noob Saibot!!!

Even if I still want to see Jade first. ^///^";

The two of them along with Rain are the only MK1-3 characters left without mods I still want to see :)

Noob Saibot is one of my favorite characters, but he's a tragic character as well -- the original Sub-Zero who would never join Quan Chi's Brotherhood of Shadow (as we saw in Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero, but ended up becoming part of it anyway and became such a powerful being that would challenge Quan Chi and others and take over the Netherealm... His story is interesting.

I'm excited Noob Saibot is next after Jade!

I agree his character is very tragic and his story is very interesting. I always wanted to see Sub-Zero manage to reform him and Smoke like he always tried to. I hope Noob and Smoke return in future MK games.

Quote from: Outsider on July 01, 2018, 07:01PM
Everyone, Jade is still being worked on -- I've just been very busy lately, and plus I had to make time to create the new QUICK LIST for The Outsider's Crypt. She will come soon enough.

In the meantime, what do you think?
What if MK were created in MUA -- Shaolin Monks II?

Helicarrier = Earthrealm (Unsure where Fin Fang Foom would fall under in this case. Onaga the Dragon King, maybe?)
Act 1 = Shang Tsung's Island (Mandarin would be where you'd fight Shang Tsung.)
Act 2 = Netherrealm (Mephisto would be where you'd fight Shinnok if he gets created. Blackheart is where you'd fight Quan Chi.)
Act 3 = Edenia (Loki would be where where you'd fight Sindel.)
Act 4 = Outworld (Titannus would be where you'd fight Goro. Unsure where Galactus would fall under in this case. Blaze, maybe?)
Act 5 = Kahn's Fortress (Dr. Doom would be where you'd fight Shao Kahn.)

Murderworld = Realm of Chaos (Havik would be Arcade)
Niffleheim = Seido, the Realm of Order
Cityscape (Skrull Planet) = The Pit
Omega Base = The Prison
Sim Missions = Special Forces Simulator
I think that'd be amazing! Some of the maps, like Mephisto's realm, already resemble their MK counterparts so if it was to be done hopefully many assets could be reused :)

A new kombatant has been unlocked -- Jade has been released, and her portrait has been added to the Warrior Select screen at the first post. Skarlet is playable through her as an alternate costume with her own moves.

Their bios have been added as well...

JADE:
Betrayng Shao Kahn and siding with her fellow Edenian friend Kitana, Jade joined the warriors of light against Kahn's invasion, but from a distance. The shimmering woman she met told her that she would meet a psychic mutant ninja there who's survived the Siege Perilous. Jade felt that this purple-haired mutant can help her find out the identity of the shimmering woman.

SKARLET:
A living collection of blood from slain warriors, Skarlet serves Shao Kahn as his personal assassin. To aid him further in his conquest of an alternate Earthrealm, Skarlet wishes to travel to a place called Asgard and conduct a deal with their goddess of death. She figures if she can absorb the blood of hundreds of dead Asgardian warriors, she would become unstoppable. Odin's daughter, however, will oppose her wicked plans.

So these are my guesses for who the remaining 9 fighters are going to be, since Noob Saibot has already been revealed to be in the works.

The remaining fighters from Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3(Cyrax, Kabal, Nightwolf, Rain & Sektor), Shinnok from Mortal Kombat 4, Tremor from Mortal Kombat: Special Forces and Bo' Rai Cho & Kenshi from Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. But if it turns out that Cyrax & Sektor share a slot(like Jade & Skarlet), I think Frost from Deadly Alliance will be added separately too.

These just seem like the most likely choices to me, as they're all popular characters within the games, have all interesting distinct movesets and they all have models available for mods on this site(unlike MKX's newcomers and the forgettable new cast members, that came about during the 3D era).

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on July 13, 2018, 07:24PM
So these are my guesses for who the remaining 9 fighters are going to be, since Noob Saibot has already been revealed to be in the works.

The remaining fighters from Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3(Cyrax, Kabal, Nightwolf, Rain & Sektor), Shinnok from Mortal Kombat 4, Tremor from Mortal Kombat: Special Forces and Bo' Rai Cho & Kenshi from Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. But if it turns out that Cyrax & Sektor share a slot(like Jade & Skarlet), I think Frost from Deadly Alliance will be added separately too.

These just seem like the most likely choices to me, as they're all popular characters within the games, have all interesting distinct movesets and they all have models available for mods on this site(unlike MKX's newcomers and the forgettable new cast members, that came about during the 3D era).

Interesting theory. While I can't confirm nor deny if you're correct, I do agree that many of the kombatants that came during the 3D era are indeed forgettable. I was not a fan of a lot of them. Though Tanya is popular among some, I personally just don't get the appeal.

I've recently watched some videos on Youtube providing their list of the top 10 worst Mortal Kombat characters ever. All of these have funny commentary and are true for the most part. I do however disagree with Rain and Stryker being picked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB-yg1gIHdg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW4PpzJU1qs (I disagree on his picks of Rain and Stryker.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfU-Gmw1eqY (I question the validity of this one, as Mokap was not mentioned.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1Q2sdRKnYE (Stated that Khameleon's entry was a mistake.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sKuHXJwKjo

That said, I think Stryker is unfairly judged. Personally I think anyone who has no powers at all, yet can battle gods, sorcerers, ninjas, monsters etc is a beast. He's like freakin' Batman in that he doesn't need powers. While I get the argument that he doesn't fit in, what's the fun in fitting in? You'd want to stand out. Yes, I hated his MK3 attire too, but they made him much cooler in MK9, redeeming himself in my opinion.

So with that, I've decided to compile my own list of the top 10 worst Mortal Kombat characters ever. The characters I usually perform fatalities on because they are just awful. Needless to say, the following characters will NOT be chosen for mod creation.

10. Dairou
Other than the fact that he's some sort of assassin, there's just nothing that stands out about him. Horrendous and bland moveset, and I can't even remember what his fatalities were, which is bad in itself. Maybe if they re-introduce him in a better way, he could be redeemed.

9. Reiko
When this piss-ant of a character appeared in MK4 and I saw his ending, I thought as a lot of you did - that he was really Shao Kahn in a different form (which would have been cool). But no... instead he's just a cheap knock-off. Apparently they made him a bad-ass in the MKX comic teaming him with Skarlet. Maybe if THAT Reiko appears, he could redeem himself.

8. Hotaru
There is nothing, and I mean nothing interesting about this character. I can't stand his armor with the two flags, his story of wanting order in the realms makes him feel like a horrific security guard. Nothing more than a space-filler for MK Deception. No... just, no.

7. Kobra
This uninspiring piece of crap is a total ripoff of Ken from Street Fighter except not nearly as fun to play as. He's completely generic and has no memorable moves what so ever. And his story of robbing people just makes him worse. Good thing Erron Black killed him off. Please, stay dead.

6. Darrius
No, one doesn't get points for diversity if the black character happens to be a sh**ty piece of work. Darrius has a pathetic name, a lousy moveset, and really no reason to exist other than to create space-fillers for the realms of Order and Chaos. Nothing cool about this bonehead at all.

5. Jarek
Instead of Kano who is actually cool, at MK4 we got this reject carbon copy of him in Jarek. He stole all of Kano's moves -- they should have just put Kano in there. Plus, I agree with the videos that he has such a awful MK4 ending. His return in MKA was a little better, but the damage was already done.

4. Hsu Hao
While I admittedly did like his mechanical heart design, that's about it. His outifts? Lame. His moves? Lame. This supposed bad-ass is about as lame as it gets. He just doesn't work for me (and most people) at all. He works for the Red Dragon, which basically means that he stinks. And speaking of the Red Dragon...

3. Mavado
What's worse than the lame Hsu Hao? I'd say the Blade reject that he works for - Mavado. He has one of the worst movesets I've seen in a fighting game, using ropes. There's nothing cool about him. And using Kabal's hookswords? Glad Kabal got them back and showed this imbecile who's boss.

2. Meat
Started off as an easter egg in MK4, this awful idea should not have appeared in MKA as its own character. His moveset is beyond pathetic, and a clear example of the developers just trying to fill up the roster. Who would want to play as Meat anyway? Waste of space.

1. Mokap
I bet you all saw this one coming. Of all the characters to have ever been created, this one takes the cake. While I get the reason behind his appearance in MK5 Deadly Alliance as a tribute to the developers' motion capture work, this (expletive) piece of crap should have never seen the light of day after that. He will always be a joke of a character and should never be counted among MK warriors at all.

So what do you think? Think this list is legit? Sound off, but yeah if any of you were hoping that one of these 10 would take one of the remaining spots, you may as well perform a hara-kiri on that dream. Not gonna happen.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm one of the biggest MK fans or what, but I seem to have a hard time finding characters I outright hate. Even some of the really unpopular ones I at least see potential in (not to say they're necessarily good characters, just that they -could- be interesting if they were done/explored right). It seems to be universally agreed that after MK3 there were always some disappointments in the new arrivals until MKX (the only new addition in that game I find boring is Ferra/Torr). IMO, during the period in between, I feel like Deadly Alliance had the strongest addition of new characters (Kenshi, Bo 'Rai Cho, Nitara, Frost), followed by MK4 (mostly Quan Chi and Fujin, though Shinnok became actually interesting later in Armageddon and X, and Tanya is debatable/I'm indifferent to her), finishing up with Deception (pretty much just Ashrah and Havik). I don't really count the games after those until X since the contributions were either very minimal or really forgettable (Skarlet was cool in MK9, but Taven and Daegon were pretty bland, and Dark Kahn was just a cliche).