Mortal Kombat - Release Katalog

Started by Outsider, June 30, 2017, 07:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
For any future modders who want to fill up the MK roster to 50, here are ones that would be interesting to see attempted from across the franchise:

-Tanya(37)
-Bo' Rai Cho(38)
-Nitara(39)
-D'Vorah(40)
-Erron Black(41)
-Ferra/Torr(42)
-Kotal Khan(43)
-Kung Jin(44)
-Takeda Takahashi(45)
-The Kollector(46)
-Shujinko(47)
-Onaga(48)
-Ashrah(49)
-Kira(50)

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on May 22, 2020, 07:10PM
For any future modders who want to fill up the MK roster to 50, here are ones that would be interesting to see attempted from across the franchise:

-Tanya(37)
-Bo' Rai Cho(38)
-Nitara(39)
-D'Vorah(40)
-Erron Black(41)
-Ferra/Torr(42)
-Kotal Khan(43)
-Kung Jin(44)
-Takeda Takahashi(45)
-The Kollector(46)
-Shujinko(47)
-Onaga(48)
-Ashrah(49)
-Kira(50)

I agree with all of those picks, except for Ferra/Torr. Those two were collectively the only one I didn't like in MKX. I would pick Blaze instead (the boss from MK Armageddon). Other than that, those are pretty solid picks. (No Li Mei? Ouch.)

I think a lot of those choices are pretty good too :)

I'm indifferent as to Ferra/Torr but I think they'd be a hard mod to make, even with my zero knowledge about modding? They're always together normally.

I think other really good choices would be Havik, Geras, and Cetrion.

Also unpopular opinion here but I have a soft spot for Kobra, even though I freely admit he's a poorly disguised Ken Masters ripoff XD if nothing else a skin might be fun maybe.

An extremely important update for Shang Tsung is now here. He now has 40 morphs in total! But that's not even the most important part about this update. Taking into account of the "fightmove limit," his morphs were moved away from the powerstyle file. So now he only has a fightmove count of 31! (Much better.) As a result, his herostat has changed. Download him now, and keep the MK roster up-to-date.

Don't forget that Jacqui Briggs was updated recently because of an error found in one of her boosts.

Also, Julio Cabral has released a visual update for Sub-Zero along with Scorpion. You can download them here:
Scorpion: https://www.mediafire.com/?b7nw5ezc733lmo0
Sub-Zero: https://www.mediafire.com/?ct7c0jr2onae8oj

Here are the skin previews he made:

I still have more to do with "MK on MUA," as I have to add more to the content files. Stay tuned.

Wow, that's the skin Sub-Zero had in Shaolin Monks! That's one of the best costumes he's ever had!

Looking forward to more! :)

They're not just skins though. I added a new rope texture for Svorpion's spear and a new Ice clone model for Sub-zero.

This is really great!!! I'm more excited for this than MK11's Aftermath DLC!!!

Everyone, the MK on MUA Content has been updated, as it now has up to 10 custom team stages instead of just one. Download as soon as you can.

Also, Kabal, Jade, and Nightwolf have been updated with better weapon models.

Everyone, the MK on MUA Content has been updated, as it is now compatible with the default 27 game, has more team bonuses, fixed team stages, and saved games will not be confused with other MUA saves -- because they are saved elsewhere.

Also, Scorpion (booster), Sub-Zero (booster), Shao Kahn, Liu Kang, and Fujin have been updated. The first three have Julio Cabral's recent updates added, but with hex-edited skins.

Don't forget that Kabal, Jade, and Nightwolf have recently been updated with better weapon models. It is best to keep the MK roster updated.

So, a newcomer named "Scarletivo" is having a problem with the MK version of the game, saying that it goes back to the main menu after he attempts to play it. This is the first time I am hearing that someone's having a problem with it. I'll share with you what he reported to me.

Quote from: Scarletivo on September 18, 2020, 04:12AM
Thank you for providing me with the needed info, I've done the first part and regarding the issues I'm having, yes, my apologies, I'll provide you with the needed context :
1) Yes, I've got the OCP as well as the XML2 pack.
2)  I am using the 36 roster hack.
3) Yes, I've downloaded each and every one and replaced my whole herostat with the MK Characters, I've taken all the Marvel chars' info out of the herorstat.
4) Yes, it goes to the main menu, after choosing a new game and choosing the  save or default options, it starts to load and after which it sends me back to the main menu.

I informed him that the MK version doesn't use "herostat" but uses a custom-made file instead. Still, I am drawing a blank as to what is happening in his game, as so far everyone has told me that it works great. (FYI: A small but cool update is coming soon! Get excited!) Anyway, if anyone has any ideas on how to help him, please share here.

Everyone, the MK on MUA Content has been updated!!! It now has its own feature video at the main menu! It's one extra step to do, but it's worth it. Check it out now.

https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8753.msg198877.html#msg198877

So everyone, I've heard the complaints, but wasn't going to address them yet as I still had other mods I was creating.

People have mentioned how much they love the MK warrior mods -- most of which were of my creation. Thank you all very much for that. However, they also respectfully voiced their displeasure over the lack of voices. At the time, there wasn't a lot of voices to work with and some characters didn't have voices at all. For example, Fujin and Rain didn't have voices at time of their creation. Plus, the simplicity of having Shao Kahn say that the warrior wins made it easier to create them.

But now, with MK11 having released DLC of various characters, now it can be done, and I was already planning on doing so. Enchlore has provided me with voice files from MK11, and I will gather voice files from both MK9 and MKX. (Currently, only Shao Kahn, Shinnok, and Kronika has voices. The rest have taunts that fit whoever you're playing as.) I was going to wait until some of my planned mods were done, but with Ceamonks' recent release of Cassie Cage's MKX voice file (instead of the MK11 voice), it's now clear that the wait can't continue anymore. I promise you all, I will make sure that all of the warriors will have voices. I'll put my current plans on hold, and focus on this now. I've been this committed to the MK roster -- may as well see this through as well. Stay tuned.

Oh, and for those wondering... No, Ronda Rousey's voice will NOT be used for Sonya. LOL

Oh, wow! Very cool!

I'm very happy that you're doing this, but I hope those who voiced their feelings of the, well, voices (myself included) didn't come off disrespectful or rude to you in any way. If it came down to it, I'd rather have there be MK mods exactly as they are vs. not having them at all; and it's completely understandable that one would want to wait until there's enough material to give them all their respective voices.

Thank you for everything you do, Outsider!