Mortal Kombat - Release Katalog

Started by Outsider, June 30, 2017, 07:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I know I was the last person to post in this thread but something really cool and ironic just happened and I couldn't help myself!

Today MK11 announced and released a new skin pack that includes even more voices from the original 1995 Mortal Kombat movie! Now, not only is Shang Tsung modeled and voiced by the movie actor, but so are Raiden, Sonya Blade, and Johnny Cage! Awesome stuff!

If there's a way to use their skins and/or voices in MUA, that would be awesome!

December 13, 2020, 10:31AM #406 Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 10:37AM by Outsider
Everyone, as part of my MK Voice Project, the following Mortal Kombat warriors have been updated:
Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Kano, Raiden (booster), Scorpion (booster), Sub-Zero (booster), Sonya, Kung Lao (booster), Cassie Cage, Shao Kahn, Shinnok, & Kronika.

Also, note that Sub-Zero now has ice blasts that can estinguish small fires, and now has some skins and mannequins from MKX, thanks to Enchlore (who has now been added to the contributors section). And Shinnok had a small fix to his Faction Kill power.

This completes one third of my plan to update all 36 warriors with voice files, so yes, it's a lot of work, but I will see it through. (Note that Shao Kahn, Shinnok, and Kronika already had voice files -- they just needed "respaffirm" lines.) The other 24 will be under way, but bare in mind that some warriors such as the robots and Stryker are not in MK11 or MKX, so their voices won't have a whole lot to work with. Stay tuned.

Non-MK wise, Cable has been updated as well, as his icons have been slightly altered.

Quote from: TheMK on November 22, 2020, 04:08PM
Oh, wow! Very cool!

I'm very happy that you're doing this, but I hope those who voiced their feelings of the, well, voices (myself included) didn't come off disrespectful or rude to you in any way. If it came down to it, I'd rather have there be MK mods exactly as they are vs. not having them at all; and it's completely understandable that one would want to wait until there's enough material to give them all their respective voices.

Thank you for everything you do, Outsider!

I appreciate that, and no, nobody came off as disrespectful or rude thankfully.

Quote from: TheMK on November 24, 2020, 08:40PM
Today MK11 announced and released a new skin pack that includes even more voices from the original 1995 Mortal Kombat movie! Now, not only is Shang Tsung modeled and voiced by the movie actor, but so are Raiden, Sonya Blade, and Johnny Cage! Awesome stuff!

If there's a way to use their skins and/or voices in MUA, that would be awesome!

I am considering adding Bridgette Wilson's voice as an alternate voice for Sonya. However, I recently became a bit reluctant to, as upon hearing it, I would like Bridgette's voice to be used for (and preferably unique to) a non-MK character I have planned that is kind of a big deal for everyone. I can't say who it is just yet, but it'll be worth it.

Very nice work, Outsider!

Regarding the choices of voices, I understand if you'd prefer to save one for another mod. Truth be told, I'd be most excited for the voices of Linden Ashby, Christopher Lambert, and Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa in that order (not meant as a request/demand, just my personal opinions and preferences). Bridgette Wilson is a great Sonya Blade, but I can live without that :)

But either way regardless of what you decide to do in the end I'm just glad the MK mods are getting these wonderful updates! Again, they were already fantastic before, but this is a very sweet cherry on top :)

Everyone, as part of my MK Voice Project, the following Mortal Kombat warriors have been updated:
Baraka, Ermac (booster), Goro, Jax, Kitana, Mileena, Quan Chi, Rain, Reptile, Shang Tsung, Sindel, & Stryker. Some of these don't just have voice/sound changes, but also talents/powerstyle changes.

Also, note that Scorpion (booster) now has his MK11 skin that Anderson converted. I've hex-edited that skin and created a HUD for that skin.

This completes two thirds of my plan to update all 36 warriors with voice files. This is exhausting work and it's not exactly fun to do, so I'm now going to take a break from that. Also, an unfortunate situation prevents me from continuing anyway, due to lack of grunt sounds, now that my current source locked it behind his/her account requiring people to pay, which I'm not doing. Enchlore is currently helping to try and acquire these grunt sounds. Stay tuned.

Who are the 12 characters left to have voices and grunts added? Perhaps I could finish up the rest for ya Outsider :)

Very commendable work Outsider! Thank you for your dedication :) wanting to take a break is completely understandable and well-deserved. You always work so hard to make your mods as good as possible! Every creator could look up to you for a shining example of diligence.

Over at the first page, I just mentioned the guest characters that can be acquired if you have the 50 Roster Hack. I will resume working on the MK voices after my next mod. Don't forget that Kabal was updated with more skins.

So, that new Mortal Kombat movie coming out is looking very good. People have been talking... I am uncertain why Johnny Cage has not been shown yet, doesn't have his own poster, or possibly isn't in the film at all, as he is a popular mainstay and one of the originals that started it all.

When people watch this movie, two questions they will certainly wonder are (1) Where is Johnny Cage? and (2) Who is Cole Young? He's said to be the new protagonist of this movie. Already people are making theories that Cole is actually Johnny Cage (doubtful), Chameleon (unlikely), the Krypt Guy in MK11 (maybe!) or Taven (I hope not). Reports say that Cole is some descendant of Scorpion. Either way, I'm excited to see this film. And maybe Cole Young should be the final MK11 DLC as a way of introducing him.

Well, you've been waiting awhile due to my multiple projects, but I said I would do it, and I will. I will now work on finishing the remaining voices for the MK warriors. As a result, my next mods will be on hold until this is komplete. Stay tuned.

So, Johnny Cage will not be in this movie... that's a damn shame. I don't know who this Cole Young is, but hopefully the movie will be good.

Thank you for your dedication, Outsider. It will be great to enjoy all the new voices on these already wonderful mods.

I am sad Johnny Cage isn't in the new movie. I hope he appears in sequels.

At first I was a little skeptical about having MK characters modded into MUA but then I tried Noob Saibot (my fav) and Shao Kahn... They are pretty damn good!
Loved the little details like having Noob beign pitch black in some of his costumes or the ability of Shao Kahn that can summon Kintaro or Motaro. 10/10 material here.

When I have a little more time, I surely gonna try the version with all the 36 characters. Thanks for the mods!

Quote from: Mapache_Malvado on April 06, 2021, 06:38PM
At first I was a little skeptical about having MK characters modded into MUA but then I tried Noob Saibot (my fav) and Shao Kahn... They are pretty damn good!
Loved the little details like having Noob beign pitch black in some of his costumes or the ability of Shao Kahn that can summon Kintaro or Motaro. 10/10 material here.

When I have a little more time, I surely gonna try the version with all the 36 characters. Thanks for the mods!

I appreciate the compliment. I am a huge MK fan, and are a fan of those little details and references, such as all 36 kombatants having different stances so that none of them stand the same, or have the same animations when chosen. While I can't say I created all of the mods, through the boosters, I had a hand in all of them, and I am very proud of the end result. Noob Saibot is one of my favorite kombatants as well.

Stay tuned, as I am currently working on the voices of the MK warriors -- including Noob Saibot. Should be done by sometime next week.

I'm still so in love with this, this mod needs more exposure! I do have one issue, though it may not even be related to these mods, I've noticed it on the Mortal Kombat: Ultimate Alliance overhauled version of the game so I figured i'd mention it just incase, I get a lot of random freezing starting in Atlantis. It will freeze then crash. Sometimes I can make it past Atlantis, but it will crash during the Mandarin mission as well. Could this be a problem on my end?

Quote from: AfroSkylark on April 10, 2021, 03:28PM
I'm still so in love with this, this mod needs more exposure! I do have one issue, though it may not even be related to these mods, I've noticed it on the Mortal Kombat: Ultimate Alliance overhauled version of the game so I figured i'd mention it just incase, I get a lot of random freezing starting in Atlantis. It will freeze then crash. Sometimes I can make it past Atlantis, but it will crash during the Mandarin mission as well. Could this be a problem on my end?

This issue may or may not be related to the MK warriors or this version of the game. In order for us to help you with this, you'll need to provide more information such as what you use and what you downloaded to your game. Post this in the Technical Problems section rather than here. Or better yet, join our Discord and mention it in the #help! thread, as since it's in real time, we can help you faster.

Everyone, this is a MAJOR update to the Mortal Kombat collection of mods. All 36 MK warriors have been updated. The MK version of MUA ("MK on MUA Content") has also been updated. Here are the changes that were made:

-All 36 warriors have voice files now, as I have completed the MK Voices project, just as I promised.
-All of them no longer use a custom fightstyle. I have mixed their animations, so now they all use "fightstyle_default." This could help with teams of 3 or 4.
-All of their herostats have been updated and no longer need the "block" feature, as they can all now block without it. (Those of you that use OpenHeroselect, be mindful of this.)
-Stryker's gun has been changed to a different model I retextured, so there's no delay the first time he fires it.
-Sheeva's primary model has been retextured to have the correct colors of red & black instead of red & green. I also added an MK3 variant.
-Some of Shang Tsung's morph skins have been updated.
-The herostat of the MK version game now features the latest herostats.
-The loading screens of the MK version game have been updated.

So because of all of the changes, it is best to just re-download all of the warriors and overwrite everything. (In the case of Raiden, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Ermac, and Kung Lao, you don't need to re-download the mods that I didn't create, only re-download the boosters that I made for them.) The easiest way to do this is to go to the very first post of this thread, and click on the portrait for each MK warrior, as if selecting them. Re-download only the link of the page that opens.

Then, click here to the MK version of MUA. Re-download that and overwrite everything:
https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=8753.msg198877#msg198877

I thank you all for your patience and your faith in me to complete the voices project and for the MK version of MUA to run smoothly.

And while not required to, it would be best to do some "spring cleaning" in your game. Delete the following files, as you no longer need them:

"actors" folder:
fightstyle_cage.igb
fightstyle_cassie.igb
fightstyle_ermac.igb
fightstyle_goro.igb
fightstyle_jacqui.igb
fightstyle_jax.igb
fightstyle_kabal.igb
fightstyle_kahn.igb
fightstyle_kano.igb
fightstyle_kitana.igb
fightstyle_klao.igb
fightstyle_kronika.igb
fightstyle_lkang.igb
fightstyle_mileena.igb
fightstyle_noob.igb
fightstyle_nwolf.igb
fightstyle_quan.igb
fightstyle_raiden.igb
fightstyle_rain.igb
fightstyle_reptile.igb
fightstyle_scorp.igb
fightstyle_sheeva.igb
fightstyle_shinnok.igb
fightstyle_sonya.igb
fightstyle_stryker.igb
fightstyle_szero.igb
fightstyle_tsung.igb (if you still have it)

"data/fightstyles" folder
fightstyle_cage.xmlb
fightstyle_cassie.xmlb
fightstyle_ermac.xmlb
fightstyle_goro.xmlb
fightstyle_jacqui.xmlb
fightstyle_jax.xmlb
fightstyle_kabal.xmlb
fightstyle_kahn.xmlb
fightstyle_kano.xmlb
fightstyle_kitana.xmlb
fightstyle_klao.xmlb
fightstyle_kronika.xmlb
fightstyle_lkang.xmlb
fightstyle_mileena.xmlb
fightstyle_noob.xmlb
fightstyle_nwolf.xmlb
fightstyle_quan.xmlb
fightstyle_raiden.xmlb
fightstyle_rain.xmlb
fightstyle_reptile.xmlb
fightstyle_scorp.xmlb
fightstyle_sheeva.xmlb
fightstyle_shinnok.xmlb
fightstyle_sonya.xmlb
fightstyle_stryker.xmlb
fightstyle_szero.xmlb
fightstyle_tsung.xmlb (if you still have it)

Thank you for your dedication, Outsider. This is truly magnificent work. I recall you mentioning working on the voice updates earlier had been rather cumbersome; I hope it brings you some relief to be finished with it now.