HeroSelectXML2 V1.2 RELEASED (international language support)

Started by Norrin Radd, August 28, 2007, 09:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic
HeroSelectXML2 by Norrin Radd RELEASE V1.2

This program has a graphical user interface and allows you to choose which characters/mods you want to play with.
For instructions please see the pdf file contained in the download. I have tried to make the instructions as clear as possible in the pdf, and will not repeat them all in this thread. If you have any questions please ask.

Version 1.2 *international language support* New!
Download Here

Version 1.0 *default team = 21 characters*
Download Here

Notes for V1.0
There is a small problem where the game may not launch from HeroSelectXML2. I may fix this in future versions.
You need to add a character to use the default team correctly

See a screenshot of the program below

---original first post---
Hi xml2 gamers, just letting you know that i will be making a xml2 version of heroselect.
i have successfully made CharacterSelect for xml2, and now just need to make HeroSelect, which is the graphical user interface that tells CharacterSelect which characters you want in the game. For more info on what HeroSelect is, see my HeroSelect thread in the MUA forums
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=732.0

I have made it so the default and maximum teams will be 21 characters in total. If this is wrong, please correct me.

edit:
ok, i think i got the gui working, so i will just need to fix a few bugs and re-write the pdf, then it will be ready for release (maybe in a few days)
it seems there is a glitch where the game doesnt run/launch from the hero selector, not sure if i'll be able to get this to work or not, it worked fine for mua. it may just be a problem that i am experiencing and others wont face this.

awesome, cant wait :)
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

the program has now been released, hope you enjoy

Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Great work! Your modding tools have made the modder's life much easier.

everytime I click on accept team it says error file not found why?

September 18, 2007, 12:04PM #7 Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 12:07PM by Norrin Radd
perhaps it is looking for herostat.cfg, or herostat.engb
i dont have the program with me at the moment, but you could try to verify that the path in herostat.cfg is the path for your herostat.engb

edit: when it says error file not found can you print some of the other things that are said right before that or right after that, if any. also, could you see if there is a name on the blue bar that says what is the program that is running? is it the dos screen that says file not found or the graphical user interface?

For me mods for xml2 are only working if I recompile the changed herostat.xml not only to herostat.engb but also to herostat.xmlb and to herostat.gerb. Is there any way to let the program do that, too? I've already tried ur program for MUA and it's just great work and exactly what I was looking for for a longer time!

Yeah there is a way to do it, I would just need the program to write to herostat.gerb (this one should be looked at before xmlb). Thanks for the feedback.

I can look at changing it, but first can you check if you only need to change .gerb and not .xmlb ?

Also note that you can still use the program, just after you run it, copy the file herostat.engb to herostat.gerb

Version 1.2 released (see first post)

Added international language support:
-copies of xmlb, itab, freb, and gerb are made when team is selected. These files are replicas of the engb file compiled.

THX very much! I'll try! Just a question: Do the endings engb, gerb, itab and freb have something to do with the languages? And what does the "b" in all endings stand for? Okay I've seen it.

Wait the minute. It still 27 Characters. I bet there is 2 more Characters to add, after choosing original 25 characters.