HeroSelectXML2 V1.2 RELEASED (international language support)

Started by Norrin Radd, August 28, 2007, 09:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic
ok i'm confused i have 2 new characters (dust and polaris) in the herostat and the heroselect and after i use the custom option and choose about 19 characters for my team and click accept team then i click run xml2. but it won't run and i know that you said that it won't work on some computers so how do i get it to work.

After you click accept, instead of clicking run you can start the game as you normally would by double clicking the xml2 icon on the desktop for example

but i don't close heroselect right? ok never mind but now i have a new problem. When I open up the game Dust and Polaris are in the roster but when i click on them they don't appear on a platform but there name is on the side of the screen to show they're on my team. After i click enter or the skin button it exits out of the program and leaves heroselect. Please help me once and for all lol. :polaris: :dust:

You can close Heroselect after you have clicked accept (so you can close it before running the game)

Still no picture and when I do click on them it kicks me out. That is if i can even get in the game because now when i get to the menu i click load game and keeps coming asking me new game, load game, danger room, etc. I know i'm probably bugging you but i'm just really confused. If you could just tell me how to get their picture and be able to see them on their platform and why it keeps kicking me out of the game then I'll be really happy. Thanks a lot.

I'm not really sure what your problem is, but from what I can tell I don't think it is related to Heroselect. You may want to open a new thread asking for help.

with this mod, do you still have to de-compile/compile a mod first

No , you  just have to enter the characters herostat in the herostat.cfg (Opened with notepad or any other text file editor) much easier and faster.

I have a problem. Everytime I assemble my team, I go to Launch the game and it says File Not Found. Is there any place special Im supposed to put this program?

From the first post:

Quote from: Norrin Radd on August 28, 2007, 09:03PM
Notes for V1.0
There is a small problem where the game may not launch from HeroSelectXML2. I may fix this in future versions.
You need to add a character to use the default team correctly

it seems there is a glitch where the game doesnt run/launch from the hero selector, not sure if i'll be able to get this to work or not, it worked fine for mua. it may just be a problem that i am experiencing and others wont face this.

my problem for this mod is that i can't get the mods i downloaded to show up in game. i'm pretty sure i followed the directions well enough