Who has what?

Started by cable2099, August 29, 2007, 12:32PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was not talking conspiracy theory again, Teancum. I was just saying it would have made more sense. Besides, I also dont think the Xbox 360 sold that well either. I am sure that the PSP, PS 3, Xbox and Wii sold better than the other platforms.

if what this site claims is true, it actually sold much much better on 360:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=5769
also, i dont see how you can be sure that it sold much better on the consoles you mentioned, although you pretty much named every console

There's lots of other factors, one being that they didn't take MUA Gold into account (I assume).  Also, Microsoft pays big bucks for exclusive stuff on games like this.  Guitar Hero II shipped with 10 new songs on the 360, MUA had the DLC/Gold, stuff like that.  In the end, I guess it's all about putting bread on the table.

If a product did not sell too well than a company will sometimes release a special "edition" of the product to get more customers to buy it. Many companies will not admit how bad a certain product sold so they figure to release a special "edition" of their product that will appeal to other people and get them to buy it and they will make up their loses with what is sold. For example if a person did not buy MUA for the 360 but felt it was missing something especially if they played a friends version and then they see the Gold Edition with the Hulk, Venom, Cyclops and Magneto splashed on the cover they think "cool, Villians are added to the game, I think I will buy it!" So they spend the $50 for the game and Microsoft made money. Would you buy another copy of the game if it did not have exclusive content? I know I would not. Do you think people would buy the Gold Edition if it did not have eight new characters but maybe a little extra stuff? I know I would not. Why do you think people wait for director's cuts of movies to come out on dvd and not buy the original? Because they get the extras and not wasted their money on the original.

Interesting...

8 lines of text and yet nothing that makes even remotely sense economicswise.

September 04, 2007, 06:05PM #20 Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 06:08PM by Teancum
If a game doesn't sell well they move on.  They're not going to dump more money into a poorly selling game, because if it doesn't sell well odds are the concept didn't appeal to anyone, not that there weren't enough characters/cars/options.  Name one time that a game has sold poorly and got a Special Edition.

It's simple economics.  You can try to move around it any way, but games don't get expansion packs, special editions, gold editions, greatest hits, or anything like that unless they sell well.  And I bet everyone on the forums will back me up on that.

On top of that, you could look at the gamefaqs.com MUA 360 forums (or many other forums).  Lots of users on there were like "dang, now I gotta buy the Gold Edition.  I just bought this game!"  Pretty good indication that lots of em already owned it, thus showing that it sold well.  Add that to the fact that it stayed in the top 10 FAQs and top 10 forums for 360 for about 4 months.

So then I should have purchased the X-Box 360 in the first place because it is the best system out there and because people prefer that over the PC and the other consoles. Boy, I knew I was missing out on something when I bought my PC instead of the X-Box 360. I was a real fool. I guess I wasted $40 for my PC version especially when it is bugged and they are not releasing a patch for it.

Locked. This thread was evidently started to continue the "we need to demand DLC on PC" topic, which is not only ignorant of how gaming companies work, but dumb as hell to pursue. Sorry, you can continue your inane tirade elsewhere (and I don't mean a new thread, I mean a new message board)