Hello

Welcome, Guest. To unlock the rest of the forums
please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: A Project I've Been Working On  (Read 338 times)

Offline BaconWizard17

• Admin
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 118
  • Sometimes you just gotta go for it, ya know?
A Project I've Been Working On
« on: October 17, 2017, 06:10pm »
This is something I've been working on for a few years now, but only started truly realizing in the last few weeks. When I first got NBA 2K15 3 years ago, I was excited to find out that you could make your own team and insert it into the league. I made a team called the Stars, and I played with it for a while, but I never got super detailed with it. Recently, I decided to get NBA 2K18, and I decided to completely remake my team from the ground up with all the details to add it into the game. So that's how I started to make the Kansas City Stars.

First, I had to pick a city. Since my city already has an NBA team, I decided to go for one of the biggest NBA-worthy cities that have never had an NBA team. After some research, I decided on Kansas City, Missouri. It's a fairly large city, and they're pretty big into college basketball there. They have a very nice arena, the Sprint Center, that has hosted numerous Final Four games throughout the 15 years it's been around.

From there, I had to create a fictional history for the team. So I decided that in 2006, the NBA added 1 expansion team to either conference to bring them up to an even total of 32. The Stars were added to the Western conference. They also changed the divisions to be 4 for each conference, with 4 teams in each. (I can detail those below if anyone would like). So the Stars had a few rough seasons in the beginning, so they fired their old coach, Bob Olson, and replaced him with Jason Lee. After some changes to the management system, they started to collect good draft picks and make strong trades. This brings us up to present day, where the Stars now have a solid roster and are ready to take on the championship. (I can detail the roster below as well).

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. Any input is appreciated.

My plan is to make this team in the game when I get it this Christmas, and then I'm going to take them on the crusade to the NBA championship.

Below are some pictures of the jerseys (home, away, alternate) and the court.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 07:10pm by BaconWizard17 »

Offline BaconWizard17

• Admin
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 118
  • Sometimes you just gotta go for it, ya know?
Re: A Project I've Been Working On
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 06:11pm »
(Reserved)