2018 on the Forums

Started by BaconWizard17, January 01, 2018, 09:54AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Happy New Year everyone. I hope you all are doing well. Recently, I have been tracking the forum stats, and I have noticed a depressing trend in the fact that the number of posts has fallen again from 2016 to 2017 for the lowest number of posts since 2006. I will not stand by and watch my favorite forum crumble from old age. Let's make this a good year on here!

Really it comes from a lack of things to do. There's only so may times a person can play through XML2 or MUA, no matter how many mods there are, and pretty much all the major characters are represented with many custom skins to choose from as well. It's a strange place where we need a major overhaul mod (I.E. 100% custom levels or things like that) but we don't have the tools to do such.

I've toyed with the idea of seeing whether the custom character models that work on the Wii will work on original Xbox or 360, but in the end I've probably played through MUA 15 times, and my motivation is pretty low.

Still, I wish everyone the best -- just being a realist I guess

Quote from: Teancum on January 01, 2018, 07:00PM
Really it comes from a lack of things to do. There's only so may times a person can play through XML2 or MUA, no matter how many mods there are, and pretty much all the major characters are represented with many custom skins to choose from as well. It's a strange place where we need a major overhaul mod (I.E. 100% custom levels or things like that) but we don't have the tools to do such.

My thoughts exactly.

As many mods as I've done and have been doing, I know that interest in this classic game will continue to diminish as time goes on. Something innovative or ground-breaking would need to happen to spark interest again. Nikita did refuel some fire by finding an experimental way to expand the roster to 33, but it had problems. I've managed to increase the roster to 28 without serious problems. But, 1 more character on the roster is not enough to prevent the freefall of interest. I hope a monumental discovery is found in 2018.

Perhaps the rumors of a new MUA game will come true, and it will have a moddable PC version.

Holy shakabooie, it was really exhausted on patching “Remaster” Unofficial Patch while waiting for Non-Steam Controllers works until December 2017 update solves everything via Global Settings on the MUA games’ controller option & re-configure the recommended configs, especially spreading across the existence of this site & making petition for MUA Remaster Patch 3 (which adds PSP/unused Wii exclusives & lost files) & JP Voice Set for MvC:I (for both sides unlike in UMvC3, & no individual voice settings due to Ultron Sigma).

I hope this year will have everything better, including some help from another.
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

January 28, 2018, 12:58PM #6 Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 01:03PM by BaconWizard17
Well gentlemen, we've surpassed the post counts for the past two Januaries (390 in 2016, 392 in 2017) with 399 posts and counting, and we still have 3 days left. There's still hope for this year.

If we average 11 posts per day in February, we can surpass the past two Februaries as well

January 31, 2018, 07:38PM #7 Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 05:57AM by BaconWizard17
As January wraps up, we finished with 434 posts. That's 14 posts per day, which is pretty solid. We beat January 2016 by 44 posts, and January 2017 by 42. Like I said above, we have to average 11 posts a day to surpass February 2016 and 2017 (302 posts and 303 posts, respectively). I think that's entirely doable as long as everyone contributes in the same capacity. March on!

Awesome! Proud of everyone for keeping this community alive  :applause:

Quote from: nickjustint on February 23, 2018, 09:53PM
Awesome! Proud of everyone for keeping this community alive  :applause:

Me too. I love this place and if people stopped it would bum me out, so I'm so proud of everyone one on here for continuing too. :applause:

Quote from: X-Men 55 on February 24, 2018, 06:52AM
Me too. I love this place and if people stopped it would bum me out, so I'm so proud of everyone one on here for continuing too. :applause:

Me too! We've still got so much more to do with this game, and there's no reason to give up now

February 24, 2018, 09:02AM #12 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 09:04AM by X-Men 55
Quote from: BaconWizard17 on February 24, 2018, 07:01AM
Me too! We've still got so much more to do with this game, and there's no reason to give up now

Exactly I love our community! I would try to do some modding myself, and I really want to but I'd want do things like converting and I feel overwhelmed by it. I'm happy how everything is and how so many people still care! :)

February 24, 2018, 09:45AM #13 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 09:48AM by BaconWizard17
Quote from: X-Men 55 on February 24, 2018, 09:02AM
Exactly I love our community! I would try to do some modding myself, and I really want to but I'd want do things like converting and I feel overwhelmed by it. I'm happy how everything is and how so many people still care! :)
Feeling overwhelmed is part of the learning process. Don't be afraid to try something out!

I wonder if we can catch up with February 2015's 369 posts. We'd have to have 14 posts per day for the next 4 days, which may be tough

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on February 24, 2018, 09:45AM
Feeling overwhelmed is part of the learning process. Don't be afraid to try something out!

I wonder if we can catch up with February 2015's 369 posts. We'd have to have 14 posts per day for the next 4 days, which may be tough

I would need help with where to start and what to use and a basic guide on what to do.

Hopefully we can, you know I think we can, bud.