FINAL RELEASE: Next-Gen MOD

Started by Noelemahc, January 07, 2007, 11:43PM

Previous topic - Next topic
After installing does my game ctd now when I try to load a saved game, but I guess that's the price one has to pay for changing a lot of files.

And Noelemahc, you might want to know about this:

So the small portray of ultimate DP is now haunted by ultimate MK (Resolution 800x600). But Moon Knight's pics are fine.
I hate to play the messenger of bad news...

I think that may be the fix. IIRC the old icon contained some guy (cant remmeber if it was DP) I think he my have just edited MK's to match DP's...

Ohcrap. Not again. I'm gonna check what's going on, might be that Blizz included the wrong portrait revision. I just wasn't up to checking EVERY file in the pack. Gah.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

I included the most recent one you released. :P

January 10, 2007, 04:47AM #19 Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 05:29AM by Noelemahc
Okay, means 'twas my fault. Lemme check again... It's kinda hard to keep track, as the mipmaps seem to be called differently on my system (meaning that even on 640x480 I don't get those ghost images that others do).

EDIT: Yeah, I found where I screwed up >.<. Gonna fix it and upload with the next portrait batch, okay?

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

When you do, I suppose we will have to make a FINAL Final Next Gen Mod. :D

Before that, can someone with a next gen version of the game confirm whether or not X-Men is a pre-selectable team? (like FF, Avengers, or MK) If so, I'll fix up team_prefabs :P

No, it's not. The guy who gave me the MK and Colossus files from the X360, he also gave me the whole of the DATA folder. The team_prefabs file is eggsactly the same as in the PC version. Fix it all you want, dude.

Crimson Dynamo says:

Fixed Ultimate Deadpool portrait fix (now doesn't that sound SILLY, kids?):
http://h1.ripway.com/ivank/hud_head_1702.rar
You know the drill. This has all the mips fixed up proper. I think. Won't hurt to check, but, as I said, I can't get those submips to load on my machine under ANY circumstances for some reason. Bleh.

Crimson Dynamo says:

Nice to see we're even further than ever to beating Activision and Raven Software's evil plans to force us out of all the good stuff we should've had in the first place.

I don't know about you guys but I'm declaring this to be a bonafide revolution! HOOAH!!!

Oh yeah, thanks for the mod, Noel.

updated the packaged .rar on the main site with the new portrait, thanks noel

All of the hud pics work fine on my machine now. Which, hopefully, means that the problem is solved once and for all. One last little thing: The readme.txt should have a disclaimer informing that the mod just works when a new game is started and that any previous saved games become useless -> ctd.

Hey there can be some compatibility problems with non-enlish versions of MUA? 'cos I'm Italian and off course I've the italian version of the game: I reinstalled it, I deleted the savgames and copied the files. No Colossus no MoonKinght. Nothing. Any idea? I'm really looking 4 new heroes and I prefert if someone tell me that I did some idiocy so the problem will solved...

January 14, 2007, 05:19AM #27 Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 05:21AM by Noelemahc
Oh, right. I forgot about that. I've made the patch for the OLD mod to support the italian version, get it here:
http://h1.ripway.com/ivank/MUA_ita_patch.rar
This doesn't add the simulator missions and items, but it DOES add the characters. Be mindful, as it requires the mod itself to already be installed. Just replace the files in the game with the files in the archive, and you're good to go. I'll re-make the simulator and item files and upload them separately in a moment.

EDIT: Here.
http://h1.ripway.com/ivank/MUA-ita-v2.rar
Same drill, these two files go into the DATA folder, overwriting the existing ones. Tell me if something still doesn't work, alright?

Crimson Dynamo says:

Now works perfectly, thanks. It's a problem excusively of the Italian version? 'cause every time that there's some interesting char disturbing his creator to ask the compatibilty patch would be not exactly my greatest ambition... again thank you so much.

You're welcome.
It's a problem for any non-English version of the game. Which means that, yes, unless a mod's author includes support for a localized version in his mod, you won't be able to use it comfortably. That's just how the game was made, nothing we can do about it.

Crimson Dynamo says: