UltraMegaMagnus's stuff - NO REQUEST

Started by UltraMegaMagnus, February 16, 2018, 03:13PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I think it has to be in bmp format

July 12, 2019, 08:51AM #16 Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 08:59AM by Teancum
Maybe -- I'm not sure what exactly the 3DS Max platform-specific settings do, but there are over 20 image formats that Alchemy uses, and then there's also the pixel byte order. I think this is going to be a big trail-and-error situation

What are the setting for ps2?

When you export from 3DS Max there is an Optimizer section. If I remember right it just has some simple checkboxes for PC, GameCube, PS2, etc. My 3DS Max is messed up at the moment so I can't check.

Best bet is to have the modder export directly with PS2 or GameCube optimizations as needed and try those.

Can I do it with finalizer alone?

No. Finalizer version 2.5 won't open the models, and Finalizer 5.0 will open them, but will save them as the new format, which works for MUA but not XML.

Trying to format it but it doesn't change

Doesn't matter. Finalizer will save it as a newer IGB format that won't work in XML2. The only way to get an XML2 model to work is to export it from 3DS Max using the 2.5 Alchemy exporter

July 12, 2019, 10:26AM #23 Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 01:42PM by jayglass
I've optimized the file but when i opened it in hex editor there is no texture file.

July 14, 2019, 02:39PM #24 Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 02:48PM by UltraMegaMagnus
I won't try to optimize converted model for PSP and PS2, I am very sorry, but not worth the effort imo (I can't do much either, the best I can do to optimize models is to reduce texture size), there is memory limitation according to Teancum, with PSP models optimized with 128x128 texture and 2000 polygon, I can't optimize converted models to try to limit memory usage, plus if you were to use many converted models on PSP and PS2, that would probably reach that limit.

I checked the models I convert, most from mobile game and Marvel Future Fight for example has recent models with 512x512 texture and 10k+ poly, the less detailed models are 2000 average (Spider-Man basic model for exameple).
There is also the problem of adding outline that double polycount, all things considered this too difficult and time consuming to try to optimize those.

So, I'll just keep converting models with XML2 PC in mind using PNG8 texture format + displaying poly numbers (anything average 2000 poly, maybe will work), so converted models can work on XML2 PC and MUA PC out of the box.
I also won't release no outline version, too much time consuming, but you can remove outline via Alchemy 2.5 (in my case those are cloned mesh with 01 append). I also can't fix models size.

I use Softimage XSI quite often, and it has a polygon reduction tool that's really good. For very specific requests I could lower the polygon count of the .obj model before you rig it in 3DS Max (if you want).

Thx, I gotta try this software, I used the optimize modifier from 3DS Max, but it sucks bad.

Here a second batch of XML2 Converted skins, but still in DDS format, I didn't know at the time the PNG8, when I can I'll try to update more models with PNG8 256 texture and also update a bit the head outline.

https://mega.nz/#!M2JTWIwI!Gd-QQDPCotXxzmQ9FPKorlmf7fO1loEzuQXWXxseLYo

July 15, 2019, 06:59AM #27 Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 07:13AM by jayglass
Is cyclops converted to that format?

Nothing release so far has been converted with PNG8 to work on PS2/PSP, I'll update everything I converted soon with PNG8 texture + with poly numbers.