First Look: Next-gen Marvel fighting game

Started by Teancum, September 04, 2007, 07:28AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cool. I think I might get that for the 360, if it's available for it.

It might be a fun game, but i sure hope the "throwing-away-thru-the-scenery" thing doesn't get too overused/repetitive (i'd hate to spend most of the fight running after my enemy rather than fighting him/her). Also, i don't think a lot of characters in marvel universe could survive that (only the bruisers, i mean, spiderman is more likely to be squatted in a wall than to be punched throught it, hell, i'm not even sure if cap could...)

But then again versus games tend to become old really fast. >.>

Looks cool at first, worried about replay value.  Also worried that it won't come out for PS3 :(

So is X-Box 360. I did read in the announcement that it will be out for the 360.

Well, they do say the tech demo's running on a 360.

What worries me about this is the amount of throwing they did, like Cap could actually punch Juggs strong enough to move him (which I sincerely doubt to be possible). Then again, this will probably turn out to be a FUN stress-reliever. As long as we get to see some catastrophic Sabretooth vs. Wolverine fights (including being able to SLICE something in half, not just break it with your opponent) or Battle Royales (say... a free-for-all between four guys? six? eight? can anyone say "superhero-driven CTF"?)... it's gonna be playable. Especially if there ain't gonna be a lifebar on-screen and more than six moves per character, because then this goes out of the 'vanilla' fighting game category and into the 'cinematic' fighting game category, dominated since '93 and to this very day by the Fire Pro X Wrestling series. Now THAT was a game with INFINITE replayability, and not only because of the ability to make custom fighters.

P.S. I just had the craziest idea. "Everyone pile on the Punisher!" Now that would be a sight to see with these physics. Too bad Frank ain't probably gonna get into this game because they'll refuse to make it all gorey and M-rated and he's no fun without that.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

wow this game looks pretty sweet, i'm gonna get it when it comes out, but razgriz is right i hope the throwing doesn't get too overused. I'd rather fight my enemy rather than chase him.