Who would recommend what?

Started by msmarvel2007, September 07, 2007, 02:05PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have been thinking of getting a PSP for my brother for Christmas and would like to know which is better PSP, PS 2, PS 3, the X Box or 360? All we have is the PC for now.

Are you talking about the different consoles or the different versions of MUA?

If consoles, then I prefer the XBOX360 over other consoles in terms of price and quality. Not that I don't like the PS3, it's just too expensive for me..........

September 07, 2007, 02:10PM #2 Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 02:12PM by msmarvel2007
I was talking about consoles, I guess I should have been more specific. Thanks for the reply though. But since you asked about the different versions of MUA what would be the best? Excuse me please if I ask dumb questions I am a literal blonde! :)

Hmmm... this one I can't answer because I have only played the PC and PS2 versions of MUA.... :P

i have played mua on xbox, xbox360, and pc, and for me it goes
1. pc (because of the extra characters and the fact you can modify many aspects of the game)
2. xbox 360 (because of the extra characters)
3. xbox

They do have extra characters for the PSP if I understood correctly from what I have been reading on the forums. My brother has been talking about wanting to get the 360 but I do not have the money for that one but most likely for the PSP but I was just curious what would be the better buy. Right now money is kind of tight because we just lost our parents this past June in a car accident when they were driving to my graduation. My brother is 16 and I am his legal guardian. I just want to make a good present to my brother for this Christmas. Sorry if this is not the place to talk about this.

Sorry to hear that...

I share Iammingy's opinion that the 360 is better than PS3, I haven't heard of the latter having too many (exlusive) good games to warrant buying it.

The PSP is quite good, but it didn't live to it's initial hype. I believe the DS might be a better portable.

The PS2, on the other hand, has many great games. The only problem is that since it's last gen, there won't be many new "high profile" games coming out for it.

On the other hand, I believe trusting your initial "instincts" is the best way to go, at least most of the time. So I'd get the PSP. Anyways, there's still time before Christmas...

Ok thanks for the advice, this site seems to have alot of helpful people on it. There are so many wonderful mods on here. I like how She-Hulk looks especially. I hope that they put her in the sequel.

To be honest, if you are looking for a game platform for NOW, the one I would recommend the most is the Playstation 2.  It's really cheap to get right now ($129 brand new), and it has a TON of games, most of which you can find for $20 or less now.  Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is even $20 on Playstation 2 right now, or at least where I live.  The Playstation is diverse, so it has many genres of games to fit your needs (such as Final Fantasy, Grand Theft Auto, Prince of Persia, Madden, etc.).  That's my opinion though, but I think it would be a winner.

Sorry about the situation, and hope things look up.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Things happen in life that we can't control the best way to handle things is just do the best we can and roll with the punches. I will consider the PS 2 but I may look at something that has extra characters for it. I was happy to be able to download the Next Gen mod because I felt that the pc should have gotten some sort of bonus content but it did not. Thanks all for the advice.

IMO,

I) PC (cuz of these mods here, and the fact that the game is customizable)
II) 360 (cuz of the DLC extras and two exclusives)
III) PS2 (cuz it's cheap and the graphics are satisfactory)

The PSP has four exclusives, but the controls and graphics are reduced.

What about GBA? I heard there is two exclusive characters for that. Jean Grey and Namor, I think!

Jean and Namor are non-playable strikers, called in to perform devastating strikes on all onscreen enemies. There's also little RPG element added to this game, and is a different game entirely. Also, with the shitty graphics and low rating, this version is probably the least likely to get.

Do NOT get the GBA version. I have it (got it as a prezzie). Went into playing it with average expectations (but having grown up on the likes of Streets of Rage was kinda looking forward to it) but it is bad. Basically, you hammer the attack button and it doesn't always attack, the collision detection doesn't really work and all sorts of things.
I don't usually criticise things but it is not a good game

Ok I guess I will not get the GBA. Thanks for the advice on that. I dont want to spend my money on something that is not really good.