Author Topic: 33 Roster Hack (Discontinued)  (Read 55692 times)

Offline Boycus730

• Rook
  • Upvotes: 0
Re: 33 Roster Hack (v1.1)
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2018, 02:00pm »
Noted, I'll check back. Thanks!

Offline Dream Weaver

• Amazing Member
  • Upvotes: 19
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2019, 02:52am »
Noted, I'll check back. Thanks!

Did the problem resolve itself for you?

Offline Ceamonks890

• Admin
  • Fantastic Member
  • Upvotes: 30
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2019, 03:08am »
Did the problem resolve itself for you?

The problem's been resolved for a long time dude. Don't worry :)

Offline Stickbro

• Astonishing Member
  • Upvotes: 24
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2019, 03:58am »
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/449511007811796993/536501305380831252/herostatPREMADE.engb

Hey guys! So i made a pre-made herostat for those who want to install the 33 roster hack that's compatible with the OC pack but don't want to go through the hassle of setting up the herostat manually like in the readme. just rename the file to just "herostat" after installing the 33 Roster hack and you're golden

it replicates the gold edition roster so everyone knows where everyone is right away without confusion. useful for people who don't want to keep setting things up manually each and every time they restart their installation which gets annoying fast

Offline Scarlat

• Amazing Member
  • Upvotes: 7
  • The law is what we make of it.
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2019, 12:24pm »
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/449511007811796993/536501305380831252/herostatPREMADE.engb

Hey guys! So i made a pre-made herostat for those who want to install the 33 roster hack that's compatible with the OC pack but don't want to go through the hassle of setting up the herostat manually like in the readme. just rename the file to just "herostat" after installing the 33 Roster hack and you're golden

Thank you, worked fine here.

Offline Clarityman

• Amazing Member
  • Upvotes: 2
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2019, 09:29pm »
Outsider, I have a question. Is it essential to use the simulator.engb included in the Roster Hack?

Reason I ask is I have a heavily modded simulator.engb that I'd prefer to use instead if it's possible.

Offline Outsider

• From The Darkest Realm
  • Admin
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 229
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2019, 11:27pm »
Outsider, I have a question. Is it essential to use the simulator.engb included in the Roster Hack?

Reason I ask is I have a heavily modded simulator.engb that I'd prefer to use instead if it's possible.

It is essential because it makes sure that all simulator missions are within the 39-character limit, so you don't see clones of your first hero (on the herostat) walking around. However, it can be modified to suit your preferences. I would open both simulator.engb files and compare them. The key (if I recall - its been awhile) is to make sure that all simulator characters do not go over 6.

Offline Clarityman

• Amazing Member
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2019, 02:39pm »
It is essential because it makes sure that all simulator missions are within the 39-character limit, so you don't see clones of your first hero (on the herostat) walking around. However, it can be modified to suit your preferences. I would open both simulator.engb files and compare them. The key (if I recall - its been awhile) is to make sure that all simulator characters do not go over 6.

Ohhh... so THAT'S why I've always had clones!! I had gotten around it by just putting Iron Man first in herostat, and in my head my heroes are training against empty Iron Man suits in the simulator missions lol.

Thanks for the reply. This mod is indispensable for my dream roster!

Offline Clarityman

• Amazing Member
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2019, 06:26pm »
Here's a different question. Using the 33 limit roster, when I get up to the conversation with Weasel in Act 2, Sanctum Sanctorum about where to hide, I go talk to Hank Pym and Professor X, but when I return to Weasel to tell him "The X-Mansion" the dialogue option doesn't trigger. The option to tell him where to hide won't appear.

So it's impossible to complete the "Nowhere to Hide" Objective and it would be impossible to get the perfect ending.

I have all the default conversation files for Act 2 installed. Could this have to do with a sort of conversation memory limit?

Offline Outsider

• From The Darkest Realm
  • Admin
  • Incredible Member
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2019, 08:26pm »
Here's a different question. Using the 33 limit roster, when I get up to the conversation with Weasel in Act 2, Sanctum Sanctorum about where to hide, I go talk to Hank Pym and Professor X, but when I return to Weasel to tell him "The X-Mansion" the dialogue option doesn't trigger. The option to tell him where to hide won't appear.

So it's impossible to complete the "Nowhere to Hide" Objective and it would be impossible to get the perfect ending.

I have all the default conversation files for Act 2 installed. Could this have to do with a sort of conversation memory limit?

Hmm... hearing your report, I started a new game, extracted to the Sanctum Santorum, and spoke to Weasel. He only mentioned getting a security module from the Vision. I guess your convo with him happens after you've visited Murderworld, because mine was when you visit the Santorum for the first time.

Do you have only 33R? Or the GEC? Because Krisan Thyme did some work on the latter that I am not aware of.

I don't know if it's a conversation overload, but a couple of times I noticed that a dialogue choice from Deadpool in Valhalla was not there at times... maybe that is something to look into. In the meantime, you said that Weasel does initially ask where to hide. Since there is a problem there, just answer X-Mansion right then without asking Hank Pym and Professor X. It should allow you to complete the objective. Let me know if that too is a problem.

Offline Clarityman

• Amazing Member
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2019, 09:24pm »
Hmm... hearing your report, I started a new game, extracted to the Sanctum Santorum, and spoke to Weasel. He only mentioned getting a security module from the Vision. I guess your convo with him happens after you've visited Murderworld, because mine was when you visit the Santorum for the first time.

Do you have only 33R? Or the GEC? Because Krisan Thyme did some work on the latter that I am not aware of.

I don't know if it's a conversation overload, but a couple of times I noticed that a dialogue choice from Deadpool in Valhalla was not there at times... maybe that is something to look into. In the meantime, you said that Weasel does initially ask where to hide. Since there is a problem there, just answer X-Mansion right then without asking Hank Pym and Professor X. It should allow you to complete the objective. Let me know if that too is a problem.

I have only the 33 Roster Hack installed, although now that you mention it, maybe I should try experimenting with some of Krisan's files.

The X-Mansion conversation happens after the Security module conversation. So basically in the vanilla game, 1) Security Module Convo, go to Murderworld, 2) only after beating Murderworld, tell Weasel where to hide (Nowhere to Hide Mission).

Also, I've reloaded and made various attempts with older saves a number of times, sometimes leaving to speak to Pym/Xavier, sometimes not like you suggested. No matter what, the option to tell him where to hide never appears.

I'm also thinking it's a memory issue bc when trying to initiate the Nowhere To Hide conversation with Weasal, sometimes the SHIELD extraction stops functioning, until you exit the area and reload the area.

Offline Outsider

• From The Darkest Realm
  • Admin
  • Incredible Member
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2019, 09:48pm »
Perhaps it could be a memory issue. Krisan Thyme said that the reason for the last 5 characters suffering problems is because of the game's memory. This "conversation overload" (for lack of a better term) may also be caused by this -- in which case, the 33R and GEC would suffer the same result.

Krisan said back in July last year that he was going to increase the game's memory, thus solving these problems, even though it will take months of work. Unfortunately, he has been silent (here and Discord) since then, and it is unknown of his progress or if he's even working on it at all. I've asked Nikita to look into it as well. Hopefully someone will come up with a solution soon enough.

EDIT: Hearing news like this depresses me a little, as Krisan and I worked so hard on developing the roster increase. I'm starting to think this whole 33R thing came out too premature, and we should have stuck with my 28 Roster Limit Hack until all of these issues were looked at.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 09:53pm by Outsider »

Offline Clarityman

• Amazing Member
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2019, 11:00pm »
Sorry about that, Outsider. At first I thought you might know of a quick, easy fix, like eliminating one of the conversations in Sanctorum, or I thought maybe having Bobby and Clea move around might've had something to do with the issue. At the very least, I figure it's better you know!

But nevertheless, I can only speak for myself, but your mods- and the 33 Roster Hack in particular- have reinvigorated this game for me. I've derived so much enjoyment from it, I'm personally very grateful for all you've done to continually expand this title.

Besides, I've got the Remastered edition if I want a clean game... the modded version is where it's fun to get crazy!

Offline theinfamousnob

• Rook
  • Upvotes: 0
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2019, 09:09pm »
i got everything working but i dont know how to use xmlcbui, is there a tutorial or help for this?! i mean im compiling and decompiling but i just cant get it right!!  :(

Offline Outsider

• From The Darkest Realm
  • Admin
  • Incredible Member
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2019, 11:54am »
i got everything working but i dont know how to use xmlcbui, is there a tutorial or help for this?! i mean im compiling and decompiling but i just cant get it right!!  :(

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,6868.0.html (Look at Part 4.) Everything you need to know is located at the Knowledge Base. I am certain that there is more than one tutorial on XMLBCUI, but that one seems simple enough.