50 character Team select screen

Started by thetommyboy2002, August 30, 2018, 03:45AM

Previous topic - Next topic
so can this make the game fully playable start to finish or is it just here for fun? either way, cool stuff

Quote from: Stickbro on September 04, 2018, 12:17AM
so can this make the game fully playable start to finish or is it just here for fun? either way, cool stuff

No, this is just a team select screen with 60 spaces. The most anyone can currently use in the game is 33 characters. After that, you lose NPC and/or enemies.
But I am trying to increase the number of characters playable, and the team-select screen here is for if or when that happens. Even if it's used with only 33 chars, it's handy to be able to group teams in different places and so on.

November 11, 2018, 12:41AM #17 Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 12:51AM by Xenoses
how high can this go can you make a 100 slots if ya wanted to? maybe aim for 500 someday that would be amazing

Quote from: Xenoses on November 11, 2018, 12:41AM
how high can this go can you make a 100 slots if ya wanted to? maybe aim for 500 someday that would be amazing

The upper limit is not found yet, but at the moment I cannot get more than 39 characters to display on the character select screen.
I've made one with 60 slots which works, but again cannot get more than 39 to show up.
I imagine you could go higher but you'd probably have to redesign the whole screen and pull back the camera if you wanted to see everybody at once.
The main stumbling block is the 39 character limit. Till that gets cracked there isn't much point to making larger character select screens as they will just have empty spaces.

Quote from: jayglass on November 11, 2018, 06:59AM
Can you make a bmp version?
I already uploaded the max file and all textures, so anyone can make whatever type of textures they want of it.

I'm to get it to working on the ps2