New MUA side missions

Started by Norrin Radd, September 11, 2007, 07:55PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey, do you want my Morph voiceovers?  I never compiled them, but it wouldn't take that long.

i'm not planning a mod for him, and since npc's sounds have to be built in the level sounds (i think), i think i will pass, but if you have them thats great, hopefully they can be used in the future

Quote from: brohara on December 29, 2007, 12:25AM
Norrin, once you have this one released, I will take you up on that offer, thanks. That would be great to know where to make the proper adjustments.

Hey Norrin, awesome to see this land! Your hard work is much appreciated.
Can't wait to try this out. You mentioned that it would be pretty easy to mod
the script to control which characters play through these levels. You still up for
providing some specifics on where to make the changes? Thanks in advance...

Check out issue #74 of Advanced Iron.
Iron Man In Action columnist, Advanced Iron Magazine.
http://www.advancediron.org/

for sure, here are the two steps you should do (i'll use for example the new Mission 3)
1. edit /scripts/extra_missions/nyc/conv.py
change the word "cyclops" to the name of the character you want, using the name from the herostat
2. edit /scripts/act1/stark/talk_fury01.py
change the word "cyclops" to the name of the character you want, using the name from the herostat

if you want to make it so that more characters can come with you, change the line that includes alive("_HEROX_" ), where X-1 is the number of players that will join you
note that Mission 3 is only setup for 2 characters to join, so even if you change this HEROX line for that level, you should only be allowed to have 2 characters max, for more you would have to change the level eng file, which isnt difficult, but it would require several extra steps

Wow,this rocks Norrin!!!Thanx a bunch

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

Hey Norrin,why do the Sentinels look like this in my game?

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

February 01, 2008, 07:23AM #111 Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 07:46AM by Norrin Radd
haha, the wrong skin is used there, sorry about that, ill try to fix it up and reupload

edit:
the npcstat that i uploaded was calling for a different sentinel skin, i changed it to the right skin and uploaded the new stuff
Thanks for letting me know! i hope this works better for you, haha

The new side mission is great!And now it's the correct sentinel costume/characters.
I had a glitsh though...when I went close to beast body the game crushed...
Norrin could you plz tell me how to take a 4 member team on that mission and how to raise the difficulty of the mission?

It's ok :D

I'm just glad I helped :)

The missions are awesome by the way,thanx a lot :D

:storm:

Quote from: Norrin Radd on January 31, 2008, 11:58PM
for sure, here are the two steps you should do (i'll use for example the new Mission 3)
1. edit /scripts/extra_missions/nyc/conv.py
2. edit /scripts/act1/stark/talk_fury01.py

if you want to make it so that more characters can come with you, change the line that includes alive("_HEROX_" ), where X-1 is the number of players that will join you
note that Mission 3 is only setup for 2 characters to join, so even if you change this HEROX line for that level, you should only be allowed to have 2 characters max, for more you would have to change the level eng file, which isnt difficult, but it would require several extra steps

Norrin, you are a gentleman and a scholar.
Thanks, will give that a shot.
Check out issue #74 of Advanced Iron.
Iron Man In Action columnist, Advanced Iron Magazine.
http://www.advancediron.org/

February 02, 2008, 08:25AM #115 Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 08:37AM by Norrin Radd
Quote from: Philip on February 01, 2008, 09:27AM
Norrin could you plz tell me how to take a 4 member team on that mission and how to raise the difficulty of the mission?

to increase the difficulty, open /data/npcstat.eng, then look for Morph's and Sentinel's entry. Raise their "level" entry to raise the difficulty, so for instance, raise the sentinels level to 43 and morph's to 40

to have a 4 person team use these files:
Download Here
i added two more starting points and changed it so that it didnt matter how many people were on your team to start the conversation. if you want it to not be cyclops who has to start the mission, do what i told brohara to do

good luck

Hey norrind, I've got a problem with the 3rd mission, when I finish it, I press the bouton for exit the mission with the X-jet but nothing do . . . Can you help me ^^ ?

you mean after you press the button and you select that you want to leave then nothing happens?

when you get to the end and it says at the bottom of the screen: "Use XJet ..." you should press the "use" button and then a popup box should appear. After this box appears it will ask if you want to leave or not. If you say no, nothing will happen, if you say yes it will take you back to Stark Towers. Which part is not working for you? If you cant get the popup box to appear did you try to keep pressing the "use" button near the end of the mission? i dont know if anyone else is having this problem

I'm having the sam problem,but I didn't think it was too important...:)

Nothing happens when we press the use button :D

ok i see i forgot to include the dialog file in the upload which is what is causing the problem, whoops.

thanks for pointing it out, ill upload a new copy with the dialog file included hopefully by tomorrow