New MUA side missions

Started by Norrin Radd, September 11, 2007, 07:55PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Try adding this in to the NPCstat entry, replacing the power #'s as necessary (1/2 are powers, 3 is boost, 4 is xtreme, IIRC)

power1 = power1 ;
   power2 = power5 ;
   power3 = power2 ;
   power4 = power9 ;

thanks, ill try it out tonight

Quote from: BliZZ on November 21, 2007, 09:13AM
Try adding this in to the NPCstat entry, replacing the power #'s as necessary (1/2 are powers, 3 is boost, 4 is xtreme, IIRC)

power1 = power1 ;
   power2 = power5 ;
   power3 = power2 ;
   power4 = power9 ;

dude, it worked like a charm, thanks :thumbsup:

new mission preview:

it is still in the early stages, but it will be loosely based off the first few episodes of the x-men animated series, i think either storm or cyclops will unlock it

Looks great. Poor Beast, lol. :P

I see Morph's in there.  Cool beans.

Sweet can't wait. :beast:
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Great news, looking forward to it!
Check out issue #74 of Advanced Iron.
Iron Man In Action columnist, Advanced Iron Magazine.
http://www.advancediron.org/

Wowwzzaa

U guys are geniuses!

Amazing

Can't wait

:storm:

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

Ok, here's a question...

In these side missions, do you see a character select screen before the mission starts?
The reason I ask is that this game has been just ACHING for an urban setting to play in,
especially for characters like Spidey, Daredevil, Punisher, Moon Knight etc. Norrin, how
complicated is it to make these flexible as to who runs through the mission? It would be
awesome to be able to pick your team and run through this side mission. Is this do-able?

right now there is no character selection screen before the mission starts,
what happens is you run them from a conversation with nick fury in the stark tower, and right from that conversation the mission loads. I made it this way because i wanted the levels to make a little sense, instead of having any character beat up on any other character.

to change that though, meaning to have any character you want to run through the level, its easy, you just need to change the script for that level (i can give you more specifics if you want)

for the urban setting, there are quite a few new york levels in xml1, and the next side mission will include one of them. I think what i was planning on doing in this side mission is i will allow 2 characters, one is cyclops, and the other can be the choice of the player. Cyclops is in there so the level makes sence, but like i said before that can be changed with scripts.

if you really want to see lots of urban setting levels with daredevil, etc. then you will probably be pretty happy when the xml project is released.

also, if you own the game xml2 for pc, since there are some levels in new york also, you can either play that game with mods of the characters you mentioned or convert those levels to mua

Quote from: Norrin Radd on December 28, 2007, 11:22PM
to change that though, meaning to have any character you want to run through the level, its easy, you just need to change the script for that level (i can give you more specifics if you want)

Norrin, once you have this one released, I will take you up on that offer, thanks. That would be great to know where to make the proper adjustments. And yes, I'm definitely looking forward to the XML > MUA project to hit as well. Thanks for the update. 

January 28, 2008, 12:20AM #102 Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 12:22AM by Norrin Radd
recent progress pics:

cyclops is required to unlock the mission, but you will be able to bring in one more character of your choice

January 28, 2008, 04:26AM #103 Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 04:29AM by TheStorm
Wow!Fantastic
And for me that Extra character will be Storm :D
Can't wait

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

3rd mission released, see firt post

to unlock it talk to fury with cyclops either alone or with one teammate
Note that if Morph dies, the mission is failed

thanks a lot to cvc for putting the sentinel npc together :nod:

let me know if you think i forgot to put something in the upload