Black Cat

Started by matt710, September 14, 2007, 09:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Midnight Curse on October 25, 2007, 08:10PM
Ah that. Just...trying to reassure myself I wil get it. Oh well I am getting it soon anyway. Just ordered it online.

No one's gonna believe you now...

April 17, 2008, 09:01PM #16 Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 02:35PM by BaconWizard17
I am back officially today!  I guess with my avatar I can rise from the ashes. (Not literally of course) I got the "new" laptop from work.  I say "new" since it is a pentium 4, but it is strong enough for XML2.  I am not, however, able to run MUA on it, so I guess I am back where I started.  I guess I can't complain since it was free. 

Anyway, thanks to nodoubt_jr I was able to finish up Black Cat today.  She is looking pretty good to call it alpha level.  She only has one skin, but that can be dealt with later.  Here are some previews, but note that the battle previews are with the old prototype skin, which I have since fixed as you can see in the menu preview. 

Only the move Jinx is missing from the preview.  Note that she can be thrown by an ally.

Menu preview with moves and icons.  This is the Alpha level of the skin (PS2 igb)

Thanks again for nodoubt_jr for the big help with the new fightstyle.  So, here is the download link.  Just drag and drop if I am not too rusty.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/g2bu57

ADMIN NOTE: if you would like to use this mod, please use the version of the mod from the XML2 Character Number Fix to prevent clashes with other mods: https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10782.0.html

Enjoy!

From the Ashes she will rise.

Oh before I forget, I should mention that she has all xml2 attack sequences (to my knowledge).  She also utilizes double jump and I also fixed her attack heavy by using some unused animations.  It seems that MUA just uses charge and attack knockback for their attack heavies.  I will probably do the same thing with Mystique and Angel when I get to them.

my hero i love playing as blackcat

May I suggest several moves with a grappling hook? In FoF, she does wield one.

XML2 doesn't have the character handlers in the exe to do that kindof stuff, which is why Daredevil is borked in XML2.

Is that also the reason why Spidey and Venom aren't doable?

Yep, missing handlers that were coded specifically for MUA.  That's also the reason that Rogue couldn't be directly converted.  "Power Theft" used a special handler that was present in XML1 and XML2, but not in MUA.

The Mod looks really great! I really need to get myself XML2 for PC though.
Quote from: Teancum
Yep, missing handlers that were coded specifically for MUA.  That's also the reason that Rogue couldn't be directly converted.  "Power Theft" used a special handler that was present in XML1 and XML2, but not in MUA.
Sorry for getting off-topic, but is there still going to be a Rogue mod for MUA? Just with the Power Theft move replaced?

If you download the X-Men Legends Project you'll see Rogue, but she's very unfinished.  I don't know if anyone is working on her anymore.

does BC work on MUA ?

Nope only in XML2.  If someone wants to convert her after I do another update (sounds and bug fixes) that is fine be me though.

Wow, nice looking mod!

Will download when I come back from house-hunting in Beijing.

Is there any way this MOD could be re-posted?  The link to it doesn't seem to work any more.  I wish I could have found this earlier.  Black Cat is one of my favorites.  Does anyone know if she is going to be posted for MUA as well?  In advance thanks a ton for all your help!  You guys make the best games in the Marvel Universe even better with these awesome MODS!