Online Multiplayer

Started by Cohollow, April 24, 2019, 06:44PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was wondering if there was a way to play with people online anymore. It says temporarily unavailable when i try. does anyone have their own servers set up or something??

April 25, 2019, 10:51AM #2 Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 10:57AM by Cohollow
I tried it on XML2 on P.C. Also curious about what would happen if i were to attempt online with various mods active

The servers have been down for years unfortunately.

figures, thnx for letting me know!

thanks for the link but it seemed to be alot of broken code. im not sure using its a good idea

Looking over it, the files seem to only be compatible with the russian version, as they're in the rusb format, so I'm not sure of their reliability. You may have to stick to local multiplayer

I've redone the files and all they do if block the connection to gamespy.com and replace it with openspy.com thats all really you can do it with a hex editor and the xml2.exe easy xD but local play is always better anyway if you want something playable.

you mean game with someone in the same room? gotta luv older games XD i moved from alberta to ontario and i used to game xml on my x-box with a homie, but now i gotta hit up that long distance thing. On the upside, i've had plenty of time to break multiple copies of the game now :P alot of trial and error later and storm now has a lightning strike for up to 5 targets at max and i still dont know how to add roster photo's, skins or hud heads. I shall run before i walk  :quicks:

If you're interested in mods and boosters, there are lots of tutorials around, and plenty of people to help as well! Don't be afraid to ask questions!

You can always use something like Parsec. its free you just need good Download and Upload speed.

Wow thnx a bunch! i think we'll get alot of use outta parsec if it goes smoothly on both ends

Late to this thread, but how well does the game play with Openspy?

Furthermore: how does local play work via Parsec?

Been spending all my free time building boosters so i havent given it a go yet. you should give it a shot tho and let us know!