Look Ma, I'm not dead!

Started by Noelemahc, September 19, 2007, 08:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yes, I've been summoned from the netherworld by Midnight Curse, who has been busy convincing me that you lot sorely miss me.

Now, feeling like the ungrateful bastard that I am, I really want someone to get me up to speed on the following three questions:

1. Has there been any success in getting the X360 DLC data dump to work from? If so, have I missed the fun of working with those?

2. Has anyone managed to beat that dreadful extra-soundset problem I've been frustrated about badly enough to quit this here modding altogether?

3. Has anyone invented a way of decoding the X360 audio format? Anyone?

P.S. Oh, yeah, almost forgot - have they managed to invent better-tasting Pepsi Light yet? Just wondering.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

September 19, 2007, 08:50PM #1 Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 08:57PM by iammingy
Hey, long time no... chat... :laugh:

1. Yes, but the models (skins, boltons, etc) don't work... The game CTD when those are used. Icons and textures work fine though. I think all the XMLB/ENGB files (powerstyles, talents, etc) can be used as well.

2. I don't think so... :(

3. I don't think "we" got these files...

Quote1. Yes, but the models (skins, boltons, etc) don't work... The game CTD when those are used. Icons and textures work fine though. I think all the XMLB/ENGB files (powerstyles, talents, etc) can be used as well.
Waaait, wait, wait. You mean that someone out there has actually dumped the DLC data? Where would I go to get that, I only have the data dump of the vanilla X360 version (and believe you me, downloading 8 gigs worth of a game you don't even have anything to run on was no picnic)?

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Yeah, thanks a bunch. Now all that's left is to reinstall MUA, XML2 and find where did I stash the seven DVD-Rs with all the data dumps I've had :)

Crimson Dynamo says:

Glad to see you're back, Noelemahc!!! :)

Glad to know I'm welcome :)

I'm currently setting up shop to resume my activities. Probably gonna go procrastinate more about the file formats as this seems to be what's the hardest part around here - editing official models and making brand-new soundsets. Maybe rewrite my old format guides from their blogtastic non-linear multi-layered craporama into full-fledged guides with piccurs and stuff.

If anybody wanted to find out some secrets of my trade but was screwed when I was gone, go ahead, PM me.

Crimson Dynamo says:

We're now one big happy family:
drpepper returned a month ago, and now, you have finally came back to our beloved community.

Ahhh theeere you are!!  One of the reasons this place was created :)

Times two. I've had an e-mail tip-off that one of you broke through what I've been gnashing my teeth at since day one - the sound hash thingamajigs - and that, coupled with my buying a PSP a month ago, kinda drove me to my return. First to pick up the Next-Gen mod for the PSP. And then to check out the news. And... well, then my ADHD acted up. So... Hi?

Crimson Dynamo says:

Great to hear for you again and hope things are going well, you are truly inspirational.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Hello again Noel, long time no see.