Scarlet Witch Booster (Cohollow)

Started by Cohollow, May 15, 2019, 01:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic
:scarletw: Scarlet Witch :scarletw:

No more mutants... Here comes the master of chaos magic with a whole new bag of tricks! Bend the fabric of space to teleport and manage the placement of your enemies with all new abilities that keep you exactly where you want to be in relation to your targets. Improved casting speed and control make for a fun time for you, and a bad time for the followers of Apocalypse.

Abilities

Hex Bolts Fire homing Hex-Bolts
Changes - home in on targets
             - fires more bolts with higher levels
             - improved casting speed

Combustion Use probability to spontaneously combust surrounding enemies and objects
Changes -None

Misfortune Causes enemy attacks to backfire, reflecting a percentage of damage back on themselves
Changes - fix
             - Improved damage reflection
             - May cause enemies to trip

Hex Locked Fire several Hex-Bolts with a chance to cause a Deadly Strike (1/3 instant health loss)
Changes - More bolts
             - starts with 2 bolts
             - improved casting speed

Probability Vort-X Creates an improbable vortex that sucks in enemies, doing damage on contact
Changes - New Ability

Hex Explosion Fire a Hex-Bolt which causes nearby objects to explode violently
Changes - improved radius
             - improved casting speed

Chaos Teleport to target causing damage and knockback in a radius
Changes - New Ability

Anarchy Assault Unleash Magick bursts with a random damage type, with a chance to convert enemies for a time
Changes - None

Revitalize Restore full HP for entire party, and raise max HP
Changes - None

Probability Syphon Each team member absorbs 20% of inflicted damage into EP
Changes - less points required to max

Amplify Luck Amplify entire team's luck, increasing damage and chance of critical hits

Heal Give party regenerative healing for a time

Scarlet's Touch Increase chance of critical hit on all attacks

Deflect Missiles Increases the chance of deflecting missile attacks

Chaos Mastery Increase damage and chance of criticals when using powered attacks
             - now applies to all power attacks

Leadership Increases combo XP bonus and critical chance of entire team
Changes - New Ability

Mutant Mastery Increases EP regeneration Rate

Notes

- Many changes unlisted such as ability unlock level, ep requirements, etc.
- Any feedback would be wonderful

Big thanks to many community members for continued assistance and support

Looks good. Where did you get that alternate costume of hers in the GIF, by the way?

thx shes hella fun! it's just the stock skin she starts with, but my GIF capture can do some funky things to the coloring sometimes

I'm 100% sure I installed this correctly however it seems only Leadership has changed for Scarlet Witch there is no other difference in her...do you know what might be causing this?

Quote from: LatverianCitizen on October 08, 2019, 02:42AM
I'm 100% sure I installed this correctly however it seems only Leadership has changed for Scarlet Witch there is no other difference in her...do you know what might be causing this?

Did you start a new game or load a pre-existing one? You must start a new game, otherwise the game might crash or things will not load properly. Strange things can happen when you do this.

October 08, 2019, 03:39AM #5 Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 12:12PM by LatverianCitizen
Lol I figured that would be the cause. I accidentally while absent minded loaded a save game then panicked and started a new game after that but the issue seemed to remain on the new game. Pretty bizarre but its nothing a total start from scratch won't solve most likely. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Okay so I've cleared away all saves and then re-installed the mod but Scarlet Witch is still limited to Leadership out of the boosts any suggestions?

hey mate i think i know what the issue is. the older boosters i developed are in xmlb format and need to be decompiled and recompiled into engb format. sorry for the inconvenience. I am currently working on older boosters to remove this issue and rebalance them with new attacks and abilities. if u dont know how to change it to engb let me know and i can do it for u and send it over! You can also see my progress on these boosters here : https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10603.120.html

October 08, 2019, 08:06PM #7 Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 12:12PM by LatverianCitizen
Can't say I know how to change the mod to .engb but I've been surprised a few times to know editing MUA and XML2 can be simple with XMLBCUI so I'd be willing to learn how to and attempt myself and if that fails I can get back to you on the topic ;) thanks for the response.

Edit: Haaaang on a minute I think I've discovered the issue by comparing one of your fully working boosters with Scarlet Witch one. I know what to do now.

Edit part 2: YEP! I knew I was right when I saw it. I went into the Data folder for the mod and changed the extensions for each file in each folder to .engb using XMLBCUI and she has all her new powers now.

Dope im glad u got it working mah dude. Anything I built before iceman will need the same recompiling to work correctly. I am currently working on updates that will rectify this issue.

Quote from: LatverianCitizen on October 08, 2019, 08:06PM
Can't say I know how to change the mod to .engb but I've been surprised a few times to know editing MUA and XML2 can be simple with XMLBCUI so I'd be willing to learn how to and attempt myself and if that fails I can get back to you on the topic ;) thanks for the response.

Edit: Haaaang on a minute I think I've discovered the issue by comparing one of your fully working boosters with Scarlet Witch one. I know what to do now.

Edit part 2: YEP! I knew I was right when I saw it. I went into the Data folder for the mod and changed the extensions for each file in each folder to .engb using XMLBCUI and she has all her new powers now.

Hey! Same problem here
How did u change extension to .engb using XMLBCUI? its just and XMLB format for me, not engb...

November 28, 2019, 10:39AM #10 Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 10:51AM by Alex141
Nwm
just figure it out!
so if u have xmlb bosster file - first of all you need to make xml
and then copy original engb from data folder to somewhere
and then compile modded xml to this engb
drag and drop both new engb and xmlb to data folder
enjoy!

this need to be done to older boosters
like Gambit Scarlet Witch and so on if u find xmlb instead of engb file format

Glad you were able to get the booster working! I think Wanda and Gambit are the last 2 that need to be updated to be easier to use. I'm excited to get everyone up to date and bring you homies plenty more mods to play with!