OpenHeroSelect (Includes support for XML2 and the MUA 36 & 50 Character Mods!)

Started by Tony Stark, June 09, 2019, 03:59PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Tony, it's amazing !
Thank you so much for this quick attitude in updating OpenHeroselect. It's working perfectly for me here.

Quote from: andersonbrazil on September 05, 2019, 09:23AM
Tony, it's amazing !
Thank you so much for this quick attitude in updating OpenHeroselect. It's working perfectly for me here.

Awesome! I'm glad to hear it's working for you!

Hey! I'm running into an issue. I am using the 36 roster hack mod and this mod but I can't seem to work it together. I  edited the herostat menulocations and run openheroselect, It says it works but when i open the game I still have 27 characters in the roster. Did i miss a step?

Hey Tobi, did you follow the instructions entirely? If you're successfully getting it to work except it's only 27 characters, my guess is you missed the step where you replace the default menulocations.cfg with the 36-char one.

Thats exactly what i did i replace the menu location with the 36 roster hack cfg. I run it it through heroselect but i end up with the same 27 roster.Was i suppose to do something with the heroselect.cfg?

Make sure there's 36 characters in your heroselect.cfg, and make sure the list of characters you have at the top of the file is at least 36 characters.

I would like to put comments in my herostat.cfg file, just for my own reference.  Do I just use the hashtag # symbol at the beginning of the line, like in the game's script files?

Quote from: scottsum on September 17, 2019, 04:49PM
I would like to put comments in my herostat.cfg file, just for my own reference.  Do I just use the hashtag # symbol at the beginning of the line, like in the game's script files?

Ah I never even thought about comments. I just updated it, if you download the current version, you can add comments to both herostat.cfg and menulocations.cfg. The comment has to be on its own line and the line has to start with a '#' character.

Cool, that will be helpful.

FYI, just noticed this: In the instructions, there are a few references to "heroselect.cfg" where I believe it is meant to refer to herostat.cfg.  I just wanted to make a note of this, in case anyone gets confused.

Quote from: scottsum on September 24, 2019, 07:33PM
Cool, that will be helpful.

FYI, just noticed this: In the instructions, there are a few references to "heroselect.cfg" where I believe it is meant to refer to herostat.cfg.  I just wanted to make a note of this, in case anyone gets confused.

Thanks for the callout scottsum, I've updated the instructions in the downloads to fix that mistake. I also added a note for herostat.cfg: you can't put a comment as the first line of herostat.cfg, it has to be the path.

Question-

It seems that your openheroselect tool isn't placing the defaultman entry into the herostat it creates.  (Side note: apparently the old heroselect tool didn't either.)  But the 36R hack specifically says to place this at the end. 

I've tried searching the site but can't seem to find what the entry does.  Is it a problem that it's missing?

Quote from: scottsum on September 28, 2019, 09:46AM
Question-

It seems that your openheroselect tool isn't placing the defaultman entry into the herostat it creates.  (Side note: apparently the old heroselect tool didn't either.)  But the 36R hack specifically says to place this at the end. 

I've tried searching the site but can't seem to find what the entry does.  Is it a problem that it's missing?

That's a good question. I'm not entirely sure; my guess is that it was meant to cover any missing characters. Like if your roster isn't 36 characters long the empty spaces get filled with defaultman.

Quote from: Tony Stark
...my guess is that it was meant to cover any missing characters. Like if your roster isn't 36 characters long the empty spaces get filled with defaultman.

That makes sense.  I suppose if everyone using heroselect has gone this long without it being a problem, it should be OK.

I've noticed a few issues pop up with OHS not writing to the right location. Looks like the solution is to make sure you right-click OpenHeroSelect.exe and run as Administrator, otherwise Win10 sometimes redirects the files somewhere else. I'll update the instructions in the zip file as well.